Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 11:06 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Ive recently been taking Flonase for this problem and it does help very much, problem is, it doesnt last long, (about 1-2 hours) and my nose is starting to run heavy again. Im going thru an entire Flonase bottle very quickly, and its getting expensive.

Ive tried most everything else otc, Sinex, Benydrl Zyrtc, and all the other brands, Flonase works the best, nothing else touches it.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they found something that worked longer. I know its allergies and I have had an allergy panel done, but my nose runs 365 days per year, Not just one season. its driving me nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 02:55 PM

23,252 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Maybe you need to consider something other than allergies that could be compounding the problem. There are other reasons someone's nose might run constantly, including overuse of some nasal sprays:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/...iated%20septum.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:59 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
How are you using the Flonase? It should only be one pump/nostril/day. It is a steroid that lasts 24 hours and reduces inflammation from histamines. It is not a decongestant.

You could start adding in a decongestant to your regimen, but it's possible that your issue is not allergy-related at all, especially since it is an issue year-round. Best to meet with an ENT.

Old 05-30-2022, 09:34 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
OP have your ENT test for any gluten products that you're ingesting, especially cow's milk and wheat items. I stopped my runny nose with a prescription of Prednisone 10mg from my ENT, taking it only when necessary, stops running within 15 minutes.

Old 06-22-2022, 11:46 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Are you taking any medications? I take Lisinopril, and it makes my nose run.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:21 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
When I was getting chemo regularly and the nose hairs fell out, I had a constant battle with runny nose. Since I stopped about two years ago, I still have it every morning, just from the time I get up for about an hour-90 minutes. Then it's fine the rest of the day and night. It's not that bad, just 1-2 tissues, but annoying. There are many causes, I would be talking to your regular physician about it. You can overdose on those over-the-counter medications.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:53 AM

204 posts, read 111,546 times
I would go to your doctor and get a full allergy blood test . you could be allergic to food you are eating without realizing it or maybe pets?

a full allergy test would be helpful so you can see what causes your reactions

Old 06-27-2022, 09:55 AM

204 posts, read 111,546 times
i did a full allergy test and found out i was allergic to all diary products and all seafood. once i stopped i saw great results

Old 06-27-2022, 10:04 AM

243 posts, read 264,330 times
Have you been thoroughly tested for environmental and food allergies?
Do you have pets? Do you have pests such as mice that are roaming the house?
Do you have an air purifier in your house? If yes do you change the filter regularly?
How often do you vaccuum and mop your house?
Do you have rugs (bad) or hard wood floors (better)?
Is your house or workplace moldy?
What kind of chemicals do you work with at your job? Are you sensitive to ink in laser printers or photocopiers?

I suggest looking into all of the above and eliminating things from your life on a regular basis until you find the trigger, assuming it's something from your environment or lifestyle and not a virus.
At a minimum see an allergist and an environmental medicine docotr.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:34 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
A First in my Long Life and I'm 84. I have added no strange foods and have eliminated some. My nose started to Run/Drip about a year ago or less. I've had a allergy history but taking Grape Seed Extract now 27 yrs, no issues and no need for any drugs. I took a couple otc drugs before Grape Seed Extract and that is history.

A friend said she read that Iodine could do this, and I dose with under 2mg of Iodine and eat some seafoods when I can. And I'm not going to change this.

It's nothing I would see a doc about and have just learned to live with it. But wondering if any of you folks have thoughts. I'm so aware how our body changes and this may be part of a change in mine.

It's primarily before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies