U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:07 PM

11,450 posts, read 23,277,342 times

Advertisements

Stevia tastes like cardboard to me. If you quit using sugar and sweeteners, eventually your taste buds quit expecting everything to taste sweet, and unsweetened beverages start to taste good again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 11:27 AM

23,240 posts, read 22,361,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
?If you know you are sensitive to artificial sweeteners why do you use them?
Because stevia is not an artificial sweetener.

It is a plant that's in the ragweed family. You might be fine with it most of the year but have a reaction to it in ragweed season when your body would get overloaded.

I only use a little bit of stevia once in a while if something is too bitter for me. Or I put a little bit of real sugar in with it. And I am allergic to ragweed but never had a reaction to stevia.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 534 times
You can get stevia that is all natural, but make sure to stay away from the truvia stuff. They mess it up big time while making that brand. stevia is actually good for your body usually, helps the good gut bacteria. might be worth looking for the actual plant or some tea made from the actual dry leaves to try though since you are sensitive to non sugar... the plant is also called sweet mint.

My husband is allergic to artificial sweeteners and can handle the actual leaves, but he has problems with any form of extract even if it is a tincture from the health food store.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 534 times
any chewable med or meltaway tab will have artificial sweetener too.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:17 AM

14,174 posts, read 20,547,833 times
To my knowledge, there has no been a single, clinically diagnosed allergy to any of the common artificial sweeteners.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 240 times
I am looking for antacids that do not contain artificial sweetners. I see some on this thread, but the post is from 2012. Do any of you who are sensitivity have one to recommend ?

Old 04-05-2020, 06:09 PM

864 posts, read 2,209,646 times
I have a reaction to Acesulfame Potassium that includes tachycardia, stomach pain, urinary urgency and frequency, and these strange hot flashes that occur in my ears and go upwards. The tachycardia was pretty bad, up to 180 BPM at rest. Once I figured out what was causing this, I started avoiding it and haven't accidentally consumed Acesulfame in almost 10 years.

There were moments that I thought I was either going crazy or I was dying. I avoid it like the plague.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:07 PM

22 posts, read 12,654 times
I think everyone is allergic to ARTIFICIAL sweetners but not everyone outwardly shows the symptoms. They were not researched extensively for human consumption. The studies that were done showed they are very dangerous.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:24 PM

14,174 posts, read 20,547,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirVineS View Post
I think everyone is allergic to ARTIFICIAL sweetners but not everyone outwardly shows the symptoms. They were not researched extensively for human consumption. The studies that were done showed they are very dangerous.
None of that is correct.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:20 PM

4,462 posts, read 10,156,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirVineS View Post
Allergic might not be the right word. A lot of us are sensitive to certain sweeteners or have side effects, but it's not an allergy. OTOH, I know a lot of people who consume them with no ill effects whatsoever. You can't make a blanket statement that they are dangerous for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies