Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:44 PM

22 posts, read 75,567 times

Advertisements

I am really curious about the Bach flower remedies and essences.Could you please share your experience and which ones you tried? Did you use a Bach flower practitioner or did you go it on your own? Did you feel any unexpected emotions or did it go exactly as you expected? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
I got a vial of the Rescue Remedy from the health food store a long time ago. I was experiencing a brief period of occasional nervousness and heard it might be useful. I don't know if it was the properties of the contents, or my belief that it would work, but it worked regardless.

It seemed to work almost instantly at calming down my heartbeats and slowing my breathing.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
The Rescue remedy works well for me, I recommend it.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:21 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Never tried it, but interested. Might go out and buy some and post how it made me feel.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM

467 posts, read 664,945 times
I've used Rescue Remedy and lately Walnut with good results.

One of my favorite essences is the Abundance Bottle from Moses Siregar:
The Abundance Bottle from Moses's Grace Flower Essences

Old 03-16-2015, 09:07 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Tried it, didn't do anything for me.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
No one was a bigger skeptic than me...lemme tell ya...cone on...
flower essences?

Then, short story, I saw a complete reversal in a a 5 yr co-worker...I asked,
Whassup in the staff meeting? She was aggressive and forceful!

She said she did a combo of 3 Essences that a practitioner came up with...
having to do with underlying anger, fear of expressing and 1 other thing
That made me sit up and take notice

Then, 2 times I took Rescue Remedy when I was hugely triggered as family can only do...and within 2 minutes....it was like nothing had happened...
the whole day would have been ruined...I was 24 years younger than now and
carried things way too far...no coping skills, too much childhood baggage.
(All gone, resolved now.)

But, I should add....took Motherwort 2 years ago...and healed my broken heart in A DAY!
Kept taking it for 4 more days...and wowsa!

In '93...broken heart/depression for a month and took Gorse...an essence....
that evening
so much was lifted...it was amazing!

Old 03-26-2015, 07:08 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I tried the rescue remedy a few times and it did absolutely nothing.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:28 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,483 times
I purchased for self esteem. (After years of emotional abuse by spouse, now ex.) It is subtle.
Then another to speak up for myself. I am convinced these gave me an edge I could not find with prayer, meditation or giving myself compliments.
I take if necessary. After weeks, I find I dont need them.
Would like to try one to help me thru quitting a really bad job recently. It was awful.
I did prescription drugs many years ago for depression and whatever. They did nothing to help me. Nor, did counseling.
I feel the flower essences helped me a great deal. I had no expectations. If they worked, great. If not, oh well.
They did work for me, and I will continue to use them.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,026,852 times
They are definitely subtle. Sometimes you have to take them for a while (like a few weeks) before you notice a change, and you need to use the right one for your situation, otherwise it won't hurt (and could help some other situation you have), but it probably won't help the situation you need it for.

I generally use a single essence at a time and go through the whole bottle before starting another one. For most situations such as help with self esteem, past abuse, etc., once you get through the whole bottle or series of bottles you won't need to use those particular essences again (except for severely traumatic situations that recur from time to time, such as the loss of a loved one, major surgery etc.).

And of course I always keep Rescue Remedy around. It is my go-to for any stressful situation, from minor injuries to traffic jams to airline travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine