U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM

7,288 posts, read 11,639,723 times

Advertisements

Chi Machine Benefits Sun Ancon Sun Harmony Original Chi Machine

Has anyone tried this? I want one!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM

15,546 posts, read 21,494,837 times
Yes, I have one and have used it for five years. I love it so much that I gave one to my daughter and to my neighbor. They both love theirs, as well.

Edited to add that my chi machine didnt cost anywhere near that price.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM

13,253 posts, read 39,171,001 times
I haven't tried it but I think I've seen something similar at Brookstone, marketed for general relaxation.

The website you link to claims that it's the only Chi machine approved by the FDA. In fact, the FDA has not only -not- approved its use, but sent a warning letter to the manufacturer in 2009 because they were making medical claims and marketing it as a medical device without FDA approval. That was in May 2009.

The video on the same website link is from a distributor of the product, and she also claims that it's approved for use as a medical device by the FDA. It is not.

Based on that ONE thing alone - I would be hesitant to buy it. They shoot their integrity in the foot when they make medical claims that they can't back up, and then claim the government agency approves them when they don't.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:40 PM

I thought it was all a bunch of hooey when I first read about it years ago. Then I found a website that offered them cheap enough for me to try one. It really did make me feel better overall. My adult daughter is a vegan and into all things healthy and she, too, pooh-poohed it. However, after trying the one I bought her a few years ago, she loves it and wouldnt be without it. Same with my neighbor.

The ones I bought were in the $70 price range.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:58 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,311,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I thought it was all a bunch of hooey when I first read about it years ago. Then I found a website that offered them cheap enough for me to try one. It really did make me feel better overall. My adult daughter is a vegan and into all things healthy and she, too, pooh-poohed it. However, after trying the one I bought her a few years ago, she loves it and wouldnt be without it. Same with my neighbor.

The ones I bought were in the $70 price range.

Please share ... the $70.00 version.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM

I bought my three machines years ago and can look up the receipt later. But there are many on the internet.

Here's one for $74:
Wholesale Recordable CD Media CD-R/CD-RW - BULK CDR/CDRW MEDIA +

And you can buy them, used or new, on eBay. Here's one for $38 + shipping:
Oxyciser Chi Machine model 9859 | eBay

Here's one for $45 + shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Supentown-Healthy-Swinger-AB-07-CHI-MACHINE-Tested-/390339332153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae209 8839 (broken link)

And here's one for $50 _ shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERSEO-AQUA-TONE...item35b40aab48

These machines are heavy so shipping may be more than you think it should be.

The makers of the original chi machines would have you believe the theirs is the best and the imitators are no good. In fact, they ALL work exactly the same.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 AM

25 posts, read 22,198 times
Looks like a scam

Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 AM

15,952 posts, read 33,668,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarming Darling View Post
Looks like a scam
I agree. What's any different/better than those old foot massagers that cost a fraction of that price?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM

13,253 posts, read 39,171,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree. What's any different/better than those old foot massagers that cost a fraction of that price?
Because it's not a foot massager. It doesn't massage the feet. You lay down on the floor, and support your -ankles- with this device.

Then the device starts turning back and forth, and it sort of forces your body to jiggle.

The end. That's all it does.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM

25 posts, read 22,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Because it's not a foot massager. It doesn't massage the feet. You lay down on the floor, and support your -ankles- with this device.

Then the device starts turning back and forth, and it sort of forces your body to jiggle.

The end. That's all it does.

That's amazing.. look what it can do!

• Lack of Exercise
  • Poor Digestion
  • Arthritis
  • Bone Spurs
  • Nervousness
  • Insomnia
  • Poor Functioning Internal Organs
  • Tracheal Inflammation
  • Anemia
  • Overall Poor Circulation
  • Tired and Sore Muscles
  • Constipation
  • Back Pain
  • Fibromyalgia
  • General Chronic Pain
  • Lymphatic Drainage
  • Asthma
  • Painful Periods
  • Being Overweight
  • Poor Leg Circulation

You know what is great are those massage chairs! I want one so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine