Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM

783 posts, read 2,587,550 times

Advertisements

How come most massage therapist never have a real office. All I see is home office, work in doctors per appointment any thing of that sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
The rent here in Fbg. Texas is outrageous.
I do outcalls and go to other peoples houses. They seem to like that I bring all my equipment, and especially that they don't have to drive anywhere afterwards.
There are several MT's around town that do have there own offices though.
I have worked in spas and dr. offices and personally cannot tolerate working that way.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
The rent here in Fbg. Texas is outrageous.
I do outcalls and go to other peoples houses. They seem to like that I bring all my equipment, and especially that they don't have to drive anywhere afterwards.
There are several MT's around town that do have there own offices though.
I have worked in spas and dr. offices and personally cannot tolerate working that way.
Okay, I get it. Rent issues but what about sharing the cost with others. Some of us like me hate going to people's houses for services. I can't let anyone into my home unless I truly know the individual.

Again, we are talking about you, what about others....

I'm longing for a massage but this problem hinders me from seeking massage therapy.

NYC anyone?

Old 09-14-2007, 05:00 AM

546 posts, read 2,417,601 times
Go to a day spa. MT's work there and it is a safe, enjoyable atmosphere.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:21 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
I'm not sure how you define real office, but I'll contribute my 2 cent anyway.

Although I wasn't a massage therapist, 10 years ago I was doing a type of bodywork called polarity. I never had a real office becasue it just wasn't my style. I saved a ton of money to boot and passed some of that savings on to my clients. I always attracted clients who preferred having their sessions in their homes. Often I'd spend 4 hrs or more at one home, giving sessions to family members, friends, and neighbors. For me, working in someones home was far more comfortable than being stuck in a real office. YUCK!

blessings....Franco

Old 09-15-2007, 07:27 AM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
There are so many massage offices or spas here in Los Angeles it's unbelievable.Foot massages are becoming very popular,there is a few in each city.The Chinese love having their feet massaged,they have 7 min. on the go or 1 hour. Oftentimes some say lets go,there is a good one,so off we go.
I go to a massge once a month. They are about $65 a session for an hour.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
Go to a day spa. MT's work there and it is a safe, enjoyable atmosphere.
Tell you something...I don't think MT in all spas are licensed.

I had an experience where a Chinese lady offered "Happy Hour". I politely replied no and I know of individuals who still go to these spas just for "happy" hours.

Hence to your suggestion NY, NJ and CT suck with all these cheap spas.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
Unfortunately, having a LICENSE doesn't make a person a good therapist. It merely proves the person is capable of passing a test. I've had many crappy massages from LICENSED therapists, and some excellent massages and bodywork form people who fly under the radar so to speak. Point is...you can't judge the therapist by wether or not they have a license. You gotta use common sense and ask around. Someone you know proabaly has a great therapist, licensed or unlicensed.

blessings...Franco

Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 PM

292 posts, read 993,663 times
My LMT has a real office she shares with another LMT.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:58 PM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
The bottom line is,find a good massage therapist either licensed or not, I'd like to find ones that are recommended. So the "happy hour" thing could be good or bad,you have to decide,and see if others have been to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine