Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:38 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
With CFS you would ordinarily have insomnia, numerous allergies, digestive issues, aching, and weakness and fatigue.
Food grief! I had those symptoms for many years! I did consider CFS but at the time it was thought to be a type of flue and far more debilitating, i.e. those symptoms do not fit what was then being called CFS. One would basically be bed ridden to have CFS. I was not. I fitted the above description. I lived in a brain fog. And I had a chronic headache! That went on until my mid to late twenties, the headache starting when I was fifteen after a serious bout of flu which then relapsed after not letting myself recover fully. Heck, I spent the July school holidays in bed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 12:47 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some countries are better prepared to diagnose and treat Adrenal Fatigue (often called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the US). If anyone here has suffered from this, or is currently struggling with it, please share your experiences, symptoms and effective remedies, if any.

Actually they are not referred to as the same disease because they are completely different diseases.

My Mother has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is technically referred to as "Auto Immune Chronic Fatigue Symdrome" and it has nothing to do with Adrenal Fatigue.
with Chronic Fatigue there is no real known cause nor cure, it is thought to be viral and can last anywhere from a few months to the rest of your life. There are no effective medications that can be taken and everyone has different symptoms so it is very hard to diagnose and is often diagnosed wrong because it is an auto immune disorder/disease.

My Mother's lasted 7 years full blown, she still has residuals from it however, she is much better and has been basically in remission for the last 10 years. That does not mean it is gone or cured it simply means the virus has run its course for the time being but could flare up at any given moment without ever knowing what triggered it to start again.

Some of the information I have written may be outdated however, since she has been in remission I don't keep up on the current knowledge about the disease.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:34 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
I thought I might have symptoms related to this a while back. I fully recovered by making some lifestyle changes:
1) more sleep
2) more water
3) no more crap food (leave behind pasta, refined/boxed food, reduce bread, sugar, artificial stuff)

Those three things made a huge change in my energy... I also started taking some supplements based upon herbs known to help the adrenal gland and pancreas and serotonin levels of our bodies. Water was an odd thing which a good friend who is a naturopathic practitioner recommended... I didn't realize how chronically dehydrated I was until I started to drink more water - now at the beginning of each day I set out water bottles I must finish before I am done at work.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:09 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
If someone really does have CFS, diet may make a huge change. You may not think a food is affecting you but CFS is known for having hidden food allergies. You have to see an allergist and find someone who will work with you. One allergist brushed me off and told me I was just one of "those women who is obsessed with food! Anorexia!"

At that point I must have weighed only 90 pounds because I was getting so sick from just eating!

A "good" slightly alternative, open minded allergist tested me and it turned ou II had multiple food allergies. I had a huge allergy to dairy products. But I had absolutely no clue to this until the tests.

With food allergies the symptoms usually show up DAYS later. A headache or some other symptom doesn't arise the minute you eat the food, it can come up to three days later. I learned a lot from the doctors. Ordinary doctors were useless though.

Maybe adrenal fatigue is a subset of CFS. Most people with CFS would also be stressed out from being run down and sick, not getting much sleep, having so many allergies, etc. So probably people with CFS could have adrenal fatigue too.

But I also think adrenal fatigue can stand on its own as a separate illness. I have heard of people taking adrenal supplements but I would be wary of doing this. They take adrenal extract or something.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:22 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually they are not referred to as the same disease because they are completely different diseases.

My Mother has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is technically referred to as "Auto Immune Chronic Fatigue Symdrome" and it has nothing to do with Adrenal Fatigue.
with Chronic Fatigue there is no real known cause nor cure, it is thought to be viral and can last anywhere from a few months to the rest of your life. There are no effective medications that can be taken and everyone has different symptoms so it is very hard to diagnose and is often diagnosed wrong because it is an auto immune disorder/disease.

My Mother's lasted 7 years full blown, she still has residuals from it however, she is much better and has been basically in remission for the last 10 years. That does not mean it is gone or cured it simply means the virus has run its course for the time being but could flare up at any given moment without ever knowing what triggered it to start again.

Some of the information I have written may be outdated however, since she has been in remission I don't keep up on the current knowledge about the disease.
Thank you - I tried to put it nicely in that I'd never heard of them as being one and the same, but I didn't spell it out.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
So sorry didn't read all the pages.
Had it for a year and a half in '95...hard one. Whoa, 19 years ago!

Finally was cured by taking what Hanna Kroger told me to take...
Pay anything, do it all to a tee. (Would be under $100-150 probably)

MDs knew nothing and set me back. Blood tests, you know.

As I recall there were 25 things on the Symptoms List, if you had 5 , you had it
I had 17 of the 25.

So these 4 people could have these 8 symptoms, while
these 4 people could have 8 OTHER symptoms...that was why it was called a 'Syndrome".

Adrenals eventually get 'shot' dealing , coping with the energy drain, gosh it is hard for them.
Boy little adrenals...

I was helped a bit to stay on a diet for a week (from an allergist's recommendation) of
White rice, red meat, water, salt was ok.

Don't ask...I was way better, for sure...but one piece of anything or an herb (molds), coffee and
I was back dragging.

Her concoctions cured me in 2 weeks!
I mean it.

(In 2.5 weeks I had a picture of beer, cigarettes and 5 shots of tequila...NO repercussions...I was young.)

Old 10-17-2014, 09:26 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So sorry didn't read all the pages.
Had it for a year and a half in '95...hard one. Whoa, 19 years ago!

Finally was cured by taking what Hanna Kroger told me to take...
Pay anything, do it all to a tee. (Would be under $100-150 probably)

MDs knew nothing and set me back. Blood tests, you know.

As I recall there were 25 things on the Symptoms List, if you had 5 , you had it
I had 17 of the 25.

So these 4 people could have these 8 symptoms, while
these 4 people could have 8 OTHER symptoms...that was why it was called a 'Syndrome".

Adrenals eventually get 'shot' dealing , coping with the energy drain, gosh it is hard for them.
Boy little adrenals...

I was helped a bit to stay on a diet for a week (from an allergist's recommendation) of
White rice, red meat, water, salt was ok.

Don't ask...I was way better, for sure...but one piece of anything or an herb (molds), coffee and
I was back dragging.

Her concoctions cured me in 2 weeks!
I mean it.

(In 2.5 weeks I had a picture of beer, cigarettes and 5 shots of tequila...NO repercussions...I was young.)
Yes. That sounds so familiar. I wonder what Hanna Kroger (?) told you to take.

I am not 100% well but I was extremely sick, having wasted years going to doctors who only made me worse. But I did get to a dr. named Sherry Rogers in Syracuse NY and I still take many of the supplements she recommended after testing me.

She said when you are at your worst and you can hardly eat anything without getting a reaction, try winter squash soup. She would have you boil the squash and mash or puree it, add sea salt, add whatever "milk" product you could tolerate--rice milk, almond, soy, etc. Heat it up and drink it all day long. Also lots of meat because most people aren't allergic to meat, also fish, probably carrots, and a few other veggies if you aren't allergic to them. It was a very restricted diet for a few years but it worked.

Wow. I wouldn't dare try that but yes, lol, you were young.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not to hijack the thread...but please consider getting tested for Lyme Disease.

There is growing evidence that many folks diagnosed with fibromyalgia actually have a parasitic infection.
Best post

Old 10-23-2014, 07:55 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,330 times
I've been suffering from chronic fatigue caused by severe sleep disorder for more than a decade. However, my symptoms seem to be quite different from what are listed here for some reason. I have no clue nor cure to my illness unfortunately.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:30 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
CFS, well, I am not going to say it doesn't exist.

But I think that if someone is chronically fatigued.....there is a definite and diagnosable problem.

Most doctors, and anyone in any diagnostic field, are usually very good at diagnosing the easy/common stuff. But when it comes to the unusual/harder cases, well, you probably get the runaround and poor diagnostic results.............resulting in the "invention" of CFS.

Then you have the people who are fatigued due to psychological problems, that makes the picture even more unclear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine