Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Colon cleansing questions, doctor recommendations, at home products, satisfaction with products, parasites, as bad as websites claim, high fiber balanced diet, self-clean naturally, natural foods

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

Has anyone done any colon cleansing, and if so...

1. Did you doctor say it was as good of an idea as the products suggest.

2. what did you use

3. How long did you do it, and how often, i.e. Once every year or so?

4. were you pleased? I mean, was it really as bad as these articles claim? Parrasites and all that gunk?

Colon Cleansing Zone

What are Colon Cleaners? Learn about the parasites living in your colon.

Colon Cleansing, Constipation, IBS, Colonix, Cleanse, Detox – Online Resource
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 07:58 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,813 times
I really doubt you'll find SPIDERS in your large intestine: What are Colon Cleaners? Learn about the parasites living in your colon..
Eat a varied, colorful diet, drink plenty of fluids, and exercise regularly. Your colon (and you) will be just fine.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I really doubt you'll find SPIDERS in your large intestine: What are Colon Cleaners? Learn about the parasites living in your colon..
Eat a varied, colorful diet, drink plenty of fluids, and exercise regularly. Your colon (and you) will be just fine.

excuse me, they are not spiders, they are called spider b/c they resemble them...I'm not asking for insults and mockery...I'm very serious and believe in a lot of herbs and vitamins and herbals....also believe in message theropy and organic foods...rather then chemicals....I'm not looking for negativity about this...as it is proven that there are parasites that live in the human body, along with great toxins and chemicals...I've had many dogs who unfortunately have had tape worms..it's not all that unheard of for humans to carry parrasites....and worms as well....

I ask that if you read this and don't agree, please do not respond...b/c we already know that we have a difference of opinion...so be it...but...

What I'm looking for are people who are seriously interested in these products and if you have tried them, please share your experience. I'm 58 years old and have taken as little medicines as possible. I'm all for anything within reason, and the best research is by listening to people who have already experienced things. A lot of these products do work.

For instance, there is something out there called cell food. My mom is getting blood transfusions every 4-6 weeks. then after a bout with an illness, it dropped to every two weeks...someone told me to try cell food in Pera water. We did, and after she ingested it for 3 weeks, her next blood test was 10% higher and she didn't need a transfusion.

So some of this stuff works some of it does not..but it doesn't hurt to try it, does it...

That is why I'm looking for feed back on colon cleansing....if you have tried it, please comment, if not...please do not.

Thank you kindly
Creme

Old 10-18-2007, 09:22 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
excuse me, they are not spiders, they are called spider b/c they resemble them...I'm not asking for insults and mockery...I'm very serious and believe in a lot of herbs and vitamins and herbals....also believe in message theropy and organic foods...rather then chemicals....I'm not looking for negativity about this...as it is proven that there are parasites that live in the human body, along with great toxins and chemicals...I've had many dogs who unfortunately have had tape worms..it's not all that unheard of for humans to carry parrasites....and worms as well....

I ask that if you read this and don't agree, please do not respond...b/c we already know that we have a difference of opinion...so be it...but...

What I'm looking for are people who are seriously interested in these products and if you have tried them, please share your experience. I'm 58 years old and have taken as little medicines as possible. I'm all for anything within reason, and the best research is by listening to people who have already experienced things. A lot of these products do work.

For instance, there is something out there called cell food. My mom is getting blood transfusions every 4-6 weeks. then after a bout with an illness, it dropped to every two weeks...someone told me to try cell food in Pera water. We did, and after she ingested it for 3 weeks, her next blood test was 10% higher and she didn't need a transfusion.

So some of this stuff works some of it does not..but it doesn't hurt to try it, does it...

That is why I'm looking for feed back on colon cleansing....if you have tried it, please comment, if not...please do not.

Thank you kindly
Creme
Hi Creme, Good question and understandable why you're asking it!! My lifelong friend, an MD, answered this for me when I first heard about it and was asking regarding my grandma. She said that it is not necessary, and not usually medically recommended. She did say that eating a lowfat, high fiber diet w/ lots of fruits and veggies allowed the colon to "self-clean" naturally. She also advised eating yogurt with live cultures. Hope this helps, and prayers for you and your mom!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
Hi Creme, Good question and understandable why you're asking it!! My lifelong friend, an MD, answered this for me when I first heard about it and was asking regarding my grandma. She said that it is not necessary, and not usually medically recommended. She did say that eating a lowfat, high fiber diet w/ lots of fruits and veggies allowed the colon to "self-clean" naturally. She also advised eating yogurt with live cultures. Hope this helps, and prayers for you and your mom!
Thanks so much for the input and for taking this seriously...really appreciate it....I don't know if you read the links but it was very interesting, plus I head some man talking about this on TV...very interesting and made a lot of sense....

and thanks so much for the hugs for my mom, she is 90 and tiny but one heck of a woman....
She is very into eating right, makes a salad every day, eats fruits....not much sugar, pastries. cakes, starches, etc. She's lived a long life, and a very productive one. She was a great mom....very dedicated to her family....Her dad lived to be 107. We all really do believe in natural products.

Hugs and thanks
Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-18-2007 at 09:38 AM..

Old 10-18-2007, 09:33 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,513 times
Quote:
Thanks so much for the input and for taking this seriously...really appreciate it....I don't know if you read the links but it was very interesting, plus I head some man talking about this on TV...very interesting and made a lot of sense....

and thanks so much for the hugs for my mom, she is 90 and tiny but one heck of a woman....
She is very into eating right, makes a salad everyday, eats fruits....not much sugar, and patries and cakes, starches, etc. She's lived a long life, and a very productive one. He dad lived to be 107. But, we really believe in natural products.

Hugs and thanks
Creme
You're very welcome...your mom sounds very impressive--no wonder her daughter is such a strong person!!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM

163 posts, read 908,605 times
Glad to hear your Mom is doing better. Eating real, natural foods is the way to good health, so sounds like you're on the right path there...but I wouldn't recommend a colon cleanse. Your colon is a very delicate eco-system, with billions of friendly bacteria and other such things, that help you digest food, etc... When people do these "cleanses", it is true that some bad looking stuff comes out, but it would have come out anyways the next time you went to the bathroom. The problem is that you're also removing a good portion of the friendly bacteria in your guts, which can royally screw up your eco-system and create a ton of new problems for your health.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,813 times
Quote:

Thank you kindly
Creme
Pardon me, I found the web site to be ridiculous, certainly NOT you. I don't know where you would get that impression or why you would say that. Besides, what's wrong with: "Eat a varied, colorful diet, drink plenty of fluids, and exercise regularly. " That's what I recommend to my patients to maintain good bowel and general overall health, as opposed to what amounts to a Fleets enema every week.
Here is a website for you that has information about helminths (worms) and parasites: New Page (http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/tropmed/txt/lecture4%20intest%20nematodes.htm - broken link)

Last edited by mm_mary73; 10-18-2007 at 12:35 PM..

Old 10-18-2007, 12:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times
I did a cleansing one time where I took 2 capsules daily for a month. Didn't do anything for me except make me lethargic. I do know of someone else that did the same thing I did and does it 3 times a year and it works great for him.
I think eating a high fiber diet works just as well but that's my opinion.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:39 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times
I've had problems with sluggish bowel issues and have done colon cleanses. They helped me immensely and got rid of that feeling like I had a pile of bricks in my gut. While its true that a good diet and exercise is the key, some people have other issues with their digestion and end up "backed up".

I wouldn't really recommend any harsh products, as I have tried those and ended up feeling worse for a few days.

For me, I do a "cleanse" 2-3 times per month. It consist of a tablespoon of psyllium husk fiber with 16 oz of water and 8 oz of prune juice. Take the psyllium husk in water after fasting for at least 4-5 hours (first thing out of bed works well). Then follow that with the 8 0z of prune juice. Prune juice is full of antioxidants also. Simple, easy, cheap, and more effective than any of the 3 OTC "cleanse kits" I tried. Also I would consider it pretty natural. As long as you maintain a healthy diet, this is simply a normal part of it that will work just fine without being harsh on your digestive system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine