Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 04:57 PM

9 posts, read 4,577 times

Advertisements

For as long as I could remember, If I had a health problem I would visit my doctor. They would check my ears and my temperature. And prescribe me with some medicine. And usually whatever ailed me was gone within a week.

2 years ago I developed a rash on my face, I did my usual thing went to the doctor, he checked me over and prescribed an ointment. But the rash was still there

I decided to see a different GP, and he prescribed a different cream. Not only it didn’t work, the rash was getting bigger.

This never happened to me I probably went through 8 different doctors and yet still not one of them could tell me what was wrong and how to fix the issue.

My friend at the time mentioned an alternative health system from India called Ayurveda and to be honest i was skeptical. However, I decided to be open-minded and make an appointment.

The whole experience was completely different from anything I experienced before.

In addition to a standard physical check. My doctor asked me about everything. How my family was, How work was going, what food I was eating How I felt.

He used all this information to inform the final treatment which included a custom meal plan and a few natural supplements.

I followed his advice diligently and the rash cleared up in a week.

This whole experience has led me to think more about what health and healing means. and I have been researching all kinds of systems of medicines ever since.

I think we are quick to dismiss something if it isn't based in science but I think first we need to understand the limitations of the scientific method and ways we can compensate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 08:07 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,498,756 times
Awesome!!! Was one of the supplements Grape Seeds?

Old 01-18-2020, 04:09 AM

233 posts, read 155,651 times
Default Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copywiz View Post
For as long as I could remember, If I had a health problem I would visit my doctor. They would check my ears and my temperature. And prescribe me with some medicine. And usually whatever ailed me was gone within a week.

2 years ago I developed a rash on my face..................

He used all this information to inform the final treatment which included a custom meal plan and a few natural supplements.

This whole experience has led me to think more about what health and healing means. and I have been researching all kinds of systems of medicines ever since.

I think we are quick to dismiss something if it isn't based in science but I think first we need to understand the limitations of the scientific method and ways we can compensate.

And the protocols written for them to follow are written to maximize PROFITs , not healing.....and moms doctor verified what I had read...and so maybe you now understand my pet name for them and I avoid them as I learned how to heal most things thru herbs.....I even got a holistic dentist and no longer go to the duck doc.

AND their pain meds holistic uses just blow away the duck meds, I was not doped up, I could easily drive
and felt no pain.......

k

Old 01-18-2020, 04:58 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,420,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
And the protocols written for them to follow are written to maximize PROFITs , not healing.....and moms doctor verified what I had read...and so maybe you now understand my pet name for them and I avoid them as I learned how to heal most things thru herbs.....I even got a holistic dentist and no longer go to the duck doc.

AND their pain meds holistic uses just blow away the duck meds, I was not doped up, I could easily drive
and felt no pain.......

k
If you think the Ayurvedic doctor and the supplements that Copywiz bought didn't reap a profitable benefit from his purchases, I have a glass of magic tap water to sell you. Only $49.95 for 8 ounces, but you have to provide the glass.

That's not to say that the supplements and the treatment didn't help. But it is a HUGE leap from "alternative treatment helped" to "only the other people profit from stuff."

Old 01-18-2020, 05:15 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
From my POV, the idea of alternative-medicine is just non-mainstream ways to treat a problem.
The foods I eat do more to help with problems I have had in the past than any medication I have tried.
I had a nasty lump of crunchy, painful scar-tissue on my upper-back......working it with a hard
rubber-ball for a few month broke it down and just about eliminated the problem.....much better than taking pills or surgery.

Old 01-18-2020, 06:06 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Awesome!!! Was one of the supplements Grape Seeds?
Bingo.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:36 PM

233 posts, read 155,651 times
Default Magic Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
If you think the Ayurvedic doctor and the supplements that Copywiz bought didn't reap a profitable benefit from his purchases, I have a glass of magic tap water to sell you. Only $49.95 for 8 ounces, but you have to provide the glass.

That's not to say that the supplements and the treatment didn't help. But it is a HUGE leap from "alternative treatment helped" to "only the other people profit from stuff."

I know of a guy who sells a machine that makes magic water, John Ellis is his name, and you can look him up and his inspired machine to do it with...he's quite controversial...but you probably think it malarky as well....

Old 01-19-2020, 03:05 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,420,258 times
Quote:
I know of a guy who sells a machine that makes magic water, John Ellis is his name, and you can look him up and his inspired machine to do it with...he's quite controversial...but you probably think it malarky as well....

1. That isn't medicine, alternative or otherwise. So not sure why you even mention it here.
2. It's been debunked. The patents have nothing to do with treating illness, or doing anything that the website claims it can do. It has been proven to not do any of those things, including change the bond angle of water.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:

2 years ago I developed a rash on my face, I did my usual thing went to the doctor, he checked me over and prescribed an ointment. But the rash was still there

I decided to see a different GP, and he prescribed a different cream. Not only it didn’t work, the rash was getting bigger.

This never happened to me I probably went through 8 different doctors and yet still not one of them could tell me what was wrong and how to fix the issue.

My friend at the time mentioned an alternative health system from India called Ayurveda and to be honest i was skeptical. However, I decided to be open-minded and make an appointment.

The whole experience was completely different from anything I experienced before.

In addition to a standard physical check. My doctor asked me about everything. How my family was, How work was going, what food I was eating How I felt.

You make a very good point: thought I am not a strong supporter of alt medicine sometimes science does not have all the answers and sometimes going a bit off the main stream will help all of us.

BTW has anyone noticed "jammihealth" of what ever her name is hasn't posted for over 2 months. She is always the one with all the alt medicine advise. I hope none of it has gotten to her and caused her any harm.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:06 PM

530 posts, read 175,282 times
I've had similar experiences with holistic practitioners. However, I've been fortunate to find a medical doctor who's branched out into alternative medicine so I feel like I get the best of both worlds. They only recommend and sell a few supplements at the discounted cost that they receive for your convenience but for the most part you have to get them yourself if you want to go down that road. Mainly they recommend lifestyle and dietary changes with prescriptions at the bottom of the list.

Quote:
I think the scientific method is still sound. The problem comes when practitioners don't try to find the root cause of your issue or worse, have no curiosity to discover it. (Please don't waste your money or time on people like that!)

Quote:
Haha! It took a few seconds for me to understand your pet name. It reminds me of a nickname for a certain controversial medical treatment... quack-ccines. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine