Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:52 PM

33 posts, read 32,434 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever taken black cumin seed before? whether the oil or ground seed? I'm just now hearing about this today so I'm doing a little research on it. I'm actually not sure if it's a "cure all" but that's what one of articled I read called it. It's supposedly helps with a bunch of things like cancer, digestion, asthma, heart health, and more. You can look it up if you want to know more.

Anyway, I'm stuck trying to find the answer to this... would taking the ground seeds or the oil be more beneficial? In my mind I'm thinking that of course using the ground seeds would be better but then again I'm not so sure. Reading reviews of the oil, people are always complaining about the horrible taste and burping up the oil taste so I know that would be a big problem for me. I'm not sure if that same thing happens with the seeds.

Anybody here take them? What are your experiences?

Last edited by str1der; 01-25-2016 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 03:32 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Hi, I'm on my 2nd bottle of black seed cumin oil. Use it for rubbing on my knee and thigh which is 80% numb from femoral nerve damage from hip replacement. I use it often while watching tv so keep a bottle on my coffee table with some other stuff I use topically. I don't take it internally, maybe I need to look into doing that. I deal with bodywide OA. I use coconut oil internally and for cooking and to make my toothpaste. I have not found a cure all, but my OPC use is pretty close to it..

Old 01-29-2016, 01:49 PM

I just bought another bottle of the oil made by amazing herbs. This time I'm going to take it internally daily as I need to work to knock out inflammatory stiff knee. I tried SO MANY things but not worked with this oil internally enough MAYBE. 1-2 tsp daily. It's true it has an earthy taste so not to worry about the taste. Stiff knee is my major issue and gotta keep walking.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:27 PM

33 posts, read 32,434 times
Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and bought the organic seeds and I grounded some of it up in a coffee grinder. Today is the first day I have taken it. I don't really have any issues so i'm just using it more as a preventative thing. I took a teaspoon's worth along with some raw honey since I see many sites say it's a quick way to take it. I think I will start giving it to my mother as well as she has some issues.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:19 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,626 times
I've been using black cumin for some time. I use it as a seasoning. I definitely would call it a cure all. There is no such thing. I've learned that emotions and outlook on life probably have the biggest impact on health. However, black cumin seeds are stimulative to the digestion, have lots of good minerals, warming, and add a nice taste. I definitely enjoy them as part of my diet and add them to my morning cereal which includes steel cut oats, amaranth, quinoa, barley, millet together with ground sesame, flax, and pumpkin seeds, topped with hemp seeds and black cumin.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:31 PM

27 posts, read 25,104 times
It's great for Asthma and also protects your hair from heat damage! It has made my hair so healthy, soft..I love it.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:58 AM

244 posts, read 235,555 times
I heard that a bottle of it was found in King Tut's tomb. I don't know if that is hype or not. What is not hype is all the studies done on this stuff.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...lla+sativa+oil

Wikipedia
"According to Zohary and Hopf, archaeological evidence about the earliest cultivation of N. sativa "is still scanty", but they report supposed N. sativa seeds have been found in several sites from ancient Egypt, including Tutankhamun's tomb.[9] Although its exact role in Egyptian culture is unknown, it is known that items entombed with a pharaoh were carefully selected to assist him in the afterlife. Seeds were found in a Hittite flask in Turkey from the second millennium BCE.[10]"

Last edited by Djkingman; 05-15-2017 at 08:00 AM..

Old 05-15-2017, 09:24 AM

I see I commented back in Jan 2016 and I still use it, just rubbed it on my arthritic knee. Have a bottle here on the table and will probably buy the third bottle eventually.

Cure all? If only..even my grape seed ex isn't a cure all..but it's done wonders over the many yrs of use. Some joints are just beyond some remedies and often drastic work is done. I'm thinking on that NOW with my knee.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:56 PM

Here are over 3000 reviews from Amazon on this oil:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Herbs...&sortBy=recent

Even some people with MS remarking how it helps them.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:33 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
The bottle of this found in King Tut's tomb demonstrates clearly that while utilizing this herb...king Tut assuredly still died.

I have absolutely no doubts that black cumin seed can be a very healthful herbal addition to the diet. However, red lights of warning and caution go off whenever ANYTHING is purported to be a "cure all" for very serious maladies such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, etc.

I have seen far too many particular herbs or products touted as being lifesavers or cure-alls and the reality is that I am convinced that there is no property or substance in this world that comes close to being a cure-all.

Just think...if black cumin seed oil were reliably strong as simply an antagonist of cancer...there would be a rush on the stuff like you've never seen.

Again, I tend to think that black cumin seed is actually indeed a very healthful addition to the diet. I just wouldn't rely on it as a cure to any significant disease, disorder, or health ailment, and I would not be assured of the prevention of such via the property. Be carefully safeguarded against the health wonder substances...often times reality is very far from the hypothesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine