Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 03:58 PM

48,708 posts, read 35,181,558 times

Advertisements

Yes the title is clear:

nd her colleagues will publish research on this new technology, Molecular Breast Imaging (MBI), that finds three times more breast tumors than mammograms. Dr. Rhodes is an expert at managing breast cancer risk. She works at Mayo Clinic testing a gamma camera that can see tumors that get missed by mammography.

None of those are thermography.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-25-2016, 06:13 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,265,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I BEG your pardon. I most certainly do have my mind made up. If there is one thing I know how to do, it is research. Just look at the TITLE of the article. Enough said.

People can try to gaslight and misconstrue all they want but I'm not buying it because this is common knowledge about thermograms.

You are right there is "common knowledge" about thermograms for breast cancer detection

Its useless...that is the common knowledge....

"In conclusion, currently there is insufficient evidence to support the use of thermography in breast cancer screening, nor is there sufficient evidence to show that thermography provides benefit to patients as an adjunctive tool to mammography or to suspicious clinical findings in diagnosing breast cancer."
https://www.nzma.org.nz/journal/read...cel-fitzgerald

"Mammography remains the gold standard for predicting the presence of malignancy in patients with suspicious radiologic breast abnormalities’, said the study's lead author, Dr Andrea Barrio, a breast surgeon at Bryn Mawr Hospital in Pennsylvania. ‘Infrared thermography cannot be used as a successful adjunct to mammography nor can it replace any of the screening modalities in standard practice today.

Good news for brachytherapy, less so for thermography : Oncology Times UK

Twelve studies reported thermography accuracy (9887 women) in the context of a known clinical or mammographic abnormality: median sensitivity was 59% (range 25–97%). Two studies found no association between abnormal thermography and an increased 5-year risk of developing breast cancer. The sensitivity of thermography in breast cancer detection is low and the evidence does not support thermography as an alternative to screening mammography or for the investigation of symptoms
http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/abs/10.2217/bmt.13.4

Old 05-25-2016, 06:16 PM

48,708 posts, read 35,181,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes the title is clear:

nd her colleagues will publish research on this new technology, Molecular Breast Imaging (MBI), that finds three times more breast tumors than mammograms. Dr. Rhodes is an expert at managing breast cancer risk. She works at Mayo Clinic testing a gamma camera that can see tumors that get missed by mammography.

None of those are thermography.
But luckily we have these new additions to detecting cancer at the earliest stage possible - Good News!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
One day I received a call from my wife's doctor's office telling me to come quickly because something had happened to her. They wouldn't say what.

When I got there I found out she had collapsed. She was having a mammogram and she said the pain was intense and it probably over stressed her, so she collapsed.

All I know is this: I wouldn't put any of my parts in a machine like that.
The pain is not from the x ray, it's from the squishing. Not everyone feels pain, it depends on how dense your breast tissue is.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:27 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I BEG your pardon. I most certainly do have my mind made up. If there is one thing I know how to do, it is research. Just look at the TITLE of the article. Enough said.

People can try to gaslight and misconstrue all they want but I'm not buying it because this is common knowledge about thermograms.
If one only read the titles of articles and not the content, one would be sorely ignorant.

Old 08-21-2016, 12:35 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,890,445 times
Talking to a friend who had started mamms early on in her 40's and when she returned for her 2nd mamm, the technician was kind of surprised to see her and made the comment "don't you know the radiation from these cause cancer".

I had 2 mamms in my early 50's and none since and I'm 78. Thanking Iodine and Grape Seed Extract for keeping my breasts healthy and lump free.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:23 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,265,705 times
I was just talking to a friend who recently had her 2nd mammogram in her 40's....detected breast cancer at a very treatable stage...

Thank God for mammograms

Old 08-22-2016, 01:06 PM

14,426 posts, read 11,896,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Talking to a friend who had started mamms early on in her 40's and when she returned for her 2nd mamm, the technician was kind of surprised to see her and made the comment "don't you know the radiation from these cause cancer".
I'm really very surprised to hear that a mammogram technician would be advising her patients not to get mammograms.

7 out of 8 women will not develop breast cancer in their lifetime whether they get mammograms or not. A few of them credit their wise choice of supplements. Most are just thankful for their good luck.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:44 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,721,574 times
Default what's wrong with mammograms

from an article:

"In a 2013 paper published in the medical journal BMJ, breast surgeon Michael Baum estimated that for every breast cancer death thwarted by mammography, we can expect an additional one to three deaths from causes, like lung cancer and heart attacks, linked to treatments that women endured.

Last year, results from a 25-year follow-up of two landmark studies tracking about 90,000 women concluded that mammography did not reduce breast cancer deaths at all."

What If Everything Your Doctors Told You About Breast Cancer Was Wrong? | Mother Jones

Further, the whole "breast cancer industry" is sickening in it plays on fears of women.

What do you think of the actress who got her breast remove to prevent cancer?
sick I think.

And if you think Komen run for the cure is about helping women, do some research.
or see this film:Pink Ribbons
The film documents how some companies use pink ribbon-related marketing to increase sales while contributing only a small fraction of proceeds to the cause, or use "pinkwashing" to improve their public image while manufacturing products that may be carcinogenic. For the millions that are raised for breast cancer research by the campaign, the film argues that not enough money goes to prevention or exploring possible environmental factors. Pink Ribbons, Inc. features interviews with critics of the pink ribbon campaign, researchers and cancer patients as well as cancer fundraisers such as Nancy Brinker, head of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.[2][3][4]

And the Pink Washing, OMG.

Barbara Ehrenreich wrote about her experience:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ara-ehrenreich

"Cancer is not an illness, it is a gift."!

Old 08-23-2016, 11:13 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,890,445 times
ellenrr: Thanks for posting all this information. MOST I had started learning over 25 yrs ago. The "cure" the pink ribbon stuff. I never bought into it.

Fear Fear Fear, that's what they instill in all of us. It's all over TV every night when I see all the ads for the drugs, new drugs and new vaccines, get more vaccines.

Wouldn't it be a miracle to see an ad on TV on Iodine for cancer prevention. How our tissues NEED iodine...Never Will Happen.

Iodine and Grape Seed Extract.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-23-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine