Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,508,038 times

Advertisements

" ....Thermography is the name given to a diagnostic technique that employs thermal (heat) imaging to allow health practitioners to get a clearer idea about what is taking place inside their patients’ bodies. Breast thermography is the name given to thermography when it is used to screen for signs of breast cancer, as well as for determining the overall health of the breast. Unlike mammograms, breast thermography is 100% safe, and is far more accurate in detecting signs of breast cancer than mammograms are...." Read the whole article Thermography: The Safer, More Effective Alternative To Mammograms < Burton Goldberg - The Voice of Alternative Medicine (and there are a lot more where this came from as this info has been known for a long long time.)

Like this one: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/cancer2/mamo.htm

and this one (note when it was written): Breast Cancer Risk: A Screening 3 Times Better Than Mammograms

I knew about Thermograms back in the 1990s but there weren't any places to go get them nearby.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:11 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,890,445 times
One of the integrative MD's I saw early on my path has a thermography unit in her office..but of course our western medicine "health" insurance business does not cover this testing. I do no testing and trust all is good with me, had two mamms in my early 50's and that's been it. My immune system supps and iodine are my protection. Thanks for the posting.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:18 AM

48,708 posts, read 35,181,558 times
Emily's link: and this one (note when it was written): Breast Cancer Risk: A Screening 3 Times Better Than Mammograms

Links to an article about use of a type MRI to be used in conjunction with mammography and then goes on to talk about Dual Headed Gamma Cameras using Molecular Breast Imaging (IMB).

Only ref it had was:

While Ultrasound and Thermography are also used, both technologies are not as highly specific and may result in increased numbers of biopsies, which are either not necessary and can increase the risk of spreading an existing cancer.

Which is weird because I thought you were PRO thermography. BUT it was a good article and linked to actual scientific studies, which had nothing to do with thermography.

The studies did let me about the importance of MBI and other screening methods, and to ask the doctor if about my breast density. If they are not, I don't even need the new stuff, they say to stay with mammography!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-25-2016, 11:20 AM

3,125 posts, read 2,099,528 times
One day I received a call from my wife's doctor's office telling me to come quickly because something had happened to her. They wouldn't say what.

When I got there I found out she had collapsed. She was having a mammogram and she said the pain was intense and it probably over stressed her, so she collapsed.

All I know is this: I wouldn't put any of my parts in a machine like that.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:24 AM

It's definitely not pleasant, and can be painful.

It's way down on my personal list of pain but all boobs are different.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:26 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,890,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
One day I received a call from my wife's doctor's office telling me to come quickly because something had happened to her. They wouldn't say what.

When I got there I found out she had collapsed. She was having a mammogram and she said the pain was intense and it probably over stressed her, so she collapsed.

All I know is this: I wouldn't put any of my parts in a machine like that.

So I gather you are a male, and it's True how many males want their parts squeezed to smitherines? It's actually barberic ..

I haven't talked to a female who enjoyed this testing, MOST dread it. I have friends who never had them and some wish they had quit years ago.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
One of the integrative MD's I saw early on my path has a thermography unit in her office..but of course our western medicine "health" insurance business does not cover this testing. I do no testing and trust all is good with me, had two mamms in my early 50's and that's been it. My immune system supps and iodine are my protection. Thanks for the posting.
Me too. I had a few mammograms in my 30s after discovering a lump in my breast which turned out to be benign. After having it removed, I had my first visit to a naturopathic doctor who figured out how I got it and what to do to make sure it wouldn't come back along with addressing other odd symptoms I had. From then on I never looked back. I'm in my late 50s and only had those initial mammograms in my 30s.

I would get into near fights with my gynecologist about mammograms and the danger from radiation.

I have a sister who found a lump in her breast in the 1990s and a naturopath gave her some vitamin suggestions and they went away on their own. She didn't get all freaked out and run to her medical doctor for more tests and a biopsy etc etc or surgery like I'd done. Although at that time I was pretty ignorant about natural health. I also was pushed into the surgery, to a degree, by my mother. Right afterwards though, I started to pay attention and really learn about it.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Emily's link: and this one (note when it was written): Breast Cancer Risk: A Screening 3 Times Better Than Mammograms

Links to an article about use of a type MRI to be used in conjunction with mammography and then goes on to talk about Dual Headed Gamma Cameras using Molecular Breast Imaging (IMB).

Only ref it had was:

While Ultrasound and Thermography are also used, both technologies are not as highly specific and may result in increased numbers of biopsies, which are either not necessary and can increase the risk of spreading an existing cancer.

Which is weird because I thought you were PRO thermography. BUT it was a good article and linked to actual scientific studies, which had nothing to do with thermography.

The studies did let me about the importance of MBI and other screening methods, and to ask the doctor if about my breast density. If they are not, I don't even need the new stuff, they say to stay with mammography!!!!
Mikala, your quote says: "......and may result in increased numbers of biopsies, which are either not necessary and can increase the risk of spreading an existing cancer."

That means that it is the biopsy that can increase the risk not the thermograms or thermographies.

The only people who are at risk are the ones who can't think for themselves and are going to run do every diagnostic the medical doctor frightens them into doing.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Mikala, your quote says: "......and may result in increased numbers of biopsies, which are either not necessary and can increase the risk of spreading an existing cancer."

That means that it is the biopsy that can increase the risk not the thermograms or thermographies.

The only people who are at risk are the ones who can't think for themselves and are going to run do every diagnostic the medical doctor frightens them into doing.
The article does not support use of thermograms...... It's YOUR article not mine.

Carry on, you have your mind made. I on the other hand learned about the new types used in medical settings which it recommends.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The article does not support use of thermograms...... It's YOUR article not mine.

Carry on, you have your mind made. I on the other hand learned about the new types used in medical settings which it recommends.
I BEG your pardon. I most certainly do have my mind made up. If there is one thing I know how to do, it is research. Just look at the TITLE of the article. Enough said.

People can try to gaslight and misconstrue all they want but I'm not buying it because this is common knowledge about thermograms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine