U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 01:11 PM

28,189 posts, read 11,002,257 times

Advertisements

Speaking about TP and all I've talked about "organic" coconut oil TP...

https://www.organicconsumers.org/blo...iness%E2%80%99
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 03:13 PM

Thinking over my 78 yrs and all the sugar/carbs consumed, all the fluoridated water consumed and all the commercial toothpastes used, and ALL the dental work I live with, can all the toothpastes used by millions be doing a lot of harm to our teeth. I started using TP's from health food stores etc. probably 15 yrs ago which included the Tom's brands but now don't use anything but the TP's I make up. No dental appts in over 5 yrs and mouth so much healthier.

The 5 Hidden Dangers In Toothpaste • Down With Basics

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-20-2016 at 03:37 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 03:11 AM

248 posts, read 142,253 times
I was having gum issues and started pulling (swishing) w/ cold-pressed, unfiltered organic coconut oil and my gums are now healthy and my mouth feels clean-also do use toothpaste. Told my hygienist what I had been doing and she has now spread the word. 20 minutes a day everyday while getting a shower, making beds...melting temp of coconut oil is 75 degrees and also helps whiten teeth as well.

There you have it in a coconut shell-pun intended. Aldi sells a pint for around $4.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:36 AM

Good to hear your review, so many naysayers think I'm crazy. Crazy healthier mouth.

Maybe I'm alone in being happy about no dental problems and NO dental appts. The CO toothpaste is like a miracle for me. Late in my life to arrive, but better late than never.

But I've also reduced sugars/carbs BIG BIG TIME. I love not doing to doc/dental appts.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-22-2016 at 10:49 AM..

Old 08-24-2016, 05:05 PM

3,611 posts, read 2,733,245 times
I always wondered about brushing my teeth with toothpaste that is loaded with sugar. It just didn't seem like the right thing to do, after hearing what sugar can supposedly do to your teeth. But at 61, I have all my teeth except for my wisdom teeth. I don't have any loose teeth or toothaches and very few cavities. So I don't think toothpaste has hurt my teeth at all.

I do have pyrhea in my guns, but I seem to be able to control that by using a water pick along my gums. I turn the water pick on full blast and let my gums bleed, and then rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide to heal my gums where they bled, and then rinse with Listerine or a mouthwash, once a night before bed. It really leaves my mouth feeling fresh and just really super clean. ( by the way, Id highly reccomend doing that before mouth and tongue kissing ). If I don't use a water pick, the pyrhea will cause my gums to get puffy and sore and bleed just by toucing them. It did take time to get my gums use to the full blast speed on the water pick. I had to work up to it, starting out on the slow speed, and then increase the speed each time to as high as I could stand it, until I could finally stand it full blast.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:34 AM

1,163 posts, read 750,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I always wondered about brushing my teeth with toothpaste that is loaded with sugar. It just didn't seem like the right thing to do, after hearing what sugar can supposedly do to your teeth. But at 61, I have all my teeth except for my wisdom teeth. I don't have any loose teeth or toothaches and very few cavities. So I don't think toothpaste has hurt my teeth at all.

I do have pyrhea in my guns, but I seem to be able to control that by using a water pick along my gums. I turn the water pick on full blast and let my gums bleed, and then rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide to heal my gums where they bled, and then rinse with Listerine or a mouthwash, once a night before bed. It really leaves my mouth feeling fresh and just really super clean. ( by the way, Id highly reccomend doing that before mouth and tongue kissing ). If I don't use a water pick, the pyrhea will cause my gums to get puffy and sore and bleed just by toucing them. It did take time to get my gums use to the full blast speed on the water pick. I had to work up to it, starting out on the slow speed, and then increase the speed each time to as high as I could stand it, until I could finally stand it full blast.
I developed periodontal disease very quickly following a hysterectomy 13 years ago. I too had bleeding gums and knew it was time to visit a periodontist. Unfortunately my pocket depths were too deep to be corrected by a deep cleaning so I opted to have periodontal laser surgery which was expensive but cleaned out the pockets too deep to be reached by any other method. My periodontist pretty much told me to throw out the toothpaste following my surgery and to brush with only sea salt diluted in warm water. I also use a waterpik, but on a low pressure because too high a speed can cause further damage to the gums. My sea salt water brushing I have now done for 13 years has kept my gums pink and tight, and I never bleed or experience any pain during cleanings which are done in about 20 minutes. I also ditched the Listerine because it makes my mouth dry and that was part of the reason I developed periodontal disease in the first place.

You may want to drop the toothpaste for awhile and switch to warm sea salt and water brushing with a very soft brush. Persistent gum bleeding is a sign of a chronic gum infection and the longer it goes on the deeper the infection travels above the gum line destroying tissue and bone in the process. Like picking a scab on a healing wound, you blasting your gum line with too strong water pressure with your waterpik is doing the same disrupting the gum tissue that is trying to heal and reattach back to the teeth.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 AM

I know those who still smoke have a lot more issues with gums.

Antioxidants help all gum health and critical for smokers more so.

http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2004/03/6641.html

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-29-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine