Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
bluedevilz wrote:
And as I pointed out, there is no such thing as "made properly and used properly" since there is no safe ingestible limit for a product that should never be ingested.
People will continue to exercise their own free will regardless of what you believe. Those who agree with your belief will avoid collodial silver, and those who are benefitting from collodial silver will continue to ingest it anyway.
I never said they couldn't do what they want....

I just pointed out that there are potentially serious side effects from the use of this product, a point that a previous poster denied and I still don't understand what your point in this was?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:32 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
bluedevilz wrote: I still don't understand what your point in this was?

It's really simple and straight forward. My point is that people will do whatever they choose to do, even though you believe that there is no such thing as "made properly and used properly" since there is no safe ingestible limit for a product that should never be ingested.

I will also say that people will do whatever they choose to do, even though I believe that collodial silver, when made properly and used properly can be very beneficial

I am a firm believer in CHOICE, and you might also be a firm believer in CHOICE. However, based on your language, ( the use of the word SHOULD ) implies to me that you don't want to give people a choice in the matter of wether to use collodial silver or not use collodial silver. I could be totally off the mark, but you seem to want some authority to make that choice instead of the individual making that choice.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
bluedevilz wrote: I still don't understand what your point in this was?

It's really simple and straight forward. My point is that people will do whatever they choose to do, even though you believe that there is no such thing as "made properly and used properly" since there is no safe ingestible limit for a product that should never be ingested.

I will also say that people will do whatever they choose to do, even though I believe that collodial silver, when made properly and used properly can be very beneficial

I am a firm believer in CHOICE, and you might also be a firm believer in CHOICE. However, based on your language, ( the use of the word SHOULD ) implies to me that you don't want to give people a choice in the matter of wether to use collodial silver or not use collodial silver. I could be totally off the mark, but you seem to want some authority to make that choice instead of the individual making that choice.
What are you going on about??

You seem, based on previous posts as well, to get very caught up in language making assumptions that just aren't supported by what is written.

People shouldn't smoke, people shouldn't drink to excess, people shouldn't eat Big Macs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. People should exercise every day, people should watch less TV, yada, yada, yada.....

People should not ingest silver....

Those are my beliefs and they are all supported by common sense and scientific literature...

Does any of this mean that I somehow have the authority to wave my magic wand and make it all so?

NO

It also doesn't mean I don't think people are stupid for doing (or not doing) any of the above shoulds and should nots....

Old 06-24-2009, 03:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Bluedevilz wrote:
You seem, based on previous posts as well, to get very caught up in language making assumptions that just aren't supported by what is written.
Of course I’m caught up in language. With written communication, I’m unable to hear your voice inflections or your tone of voice. I also can’t see your body language. I am indeed responding to your words.
People shouldn't smoke, people shouldn't drink to excess, people shouldn't eat Big Macs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. People should exercise every day, people should watch less TV, yada, yada, yada.....
As adults, we are free to choose what to do and what not to do. Not smoking is not mandatory. Not drinking to excess isn’t mandatory. Not eating big macs for breakfast, lunch and dinner isn’t mandatory. Exercising every day isn’t mandatory. Watching less TV isn’t mandatory. People are perfectly free to do or not do these things. They have a choice, and they will bear the consequences of their choices.

While I agree with you 100% that people would be better off not doing these things, to say that they shouldn’t do them seems rather arrogant and very manipulative for better or worse. A "should" just leads to guilt; a choice leads to action. Shoulding on others is an act of control and manipulation. Most people do not appreciate being manipulated; in fact, most people are offended by it and resent being told what they should or should not do....even if it is good old common sense and completely supported by science.

BTW....the late, great & famous New York psychologist, Albert Ellis calls shoulding....musterbation.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 06-24-2009 at 04:50 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
EPA has a daily oral dose, (RfD) I believe it's termed, for those who may be unaware it is an accepted product, and the FDA apparently ban health *claims*, but they don't ban the product! I'm also led to believe they are trying to ban it at the moment classifying it as a *pesticide* or something equally ridiculous or ludicrous.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 06-24-2009 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Removed off-topic commentary...

Old 06-24-2009, 04:44 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Ok I'll admit to being ignorant about a lot of this stuff but I have to ask....
why is one metal, silver, ok and another, mecury, not?

Old 06-24-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
I think it would be wise for me to put this in a post on its own as I've a feeling someone is going to get smacked over the knuckles for 'name calling' suggesting others may be 'intellectually challenged', and that could be interpretted as an 'attack', I won't 'dib-dob' but someone else might. (g)

EPA has a daily oral dose, (RfD) I believe it's termed, for those who may be unaware it is an accepted product, and the FDA apparently ban health *claims*, but they don't ban the product! I'm also led to believe they are trying to ban it at the moment classifying it as a *pesticide* or something equally ridiculous or ludicrous.
LOL

So the Environmental Protection Agency now "approves" products for human use....ummmm....no.

The RfD is, and I quote, "The oral Reference Dose (RfD) is based on the assumption that thresholds exist for certain toxic effects such as cellular necrosis. It is expressed in units of mg/kg-day. In general, the RfD is an estimate (with uncertainty spanning perhaps an order of magnitude) of a daily exposure to the human population (including sensitive subgroups) that is likely to be without an appreciable risk of deleterious effects during a lifetime"

http://www.epa.gov/ncea/iris/subst/0099.htm

Yep, glowing endorsement there ino

FYI, the EPA also provides RfD's for: lead, aluminum, acetone, formaldehyde, also equivalent exposure measurements (RfC) for inhalants such as mercury...and a few hundred other "toxins".

So I guess the EPA is also endorsing "those" compounds for human use, right

Here's a hint ino, the EPA is looking for toxic effects of "pollutants" ,not approving them as acceptable for human ingestion.....nice try though and thanks for bringing up another avenue to bash silver.

[mod cut] No personal attacks...

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 06-24-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
LOL

So the Environmental Protection Agency now "approves" products for human use....ummmm....no.

The RfD is, and I quote, "The oral Reference Dose (RfD) is based on the assumption that thresholds exist for certain toxic effects such as cellular necrosis. It is expressed in units of mg/kg-day. In general, the RfD is an estimate (with uncertainty spanning perhaps an order of magnitude) of a daily exposure to the human population (including sensitive subgroups) that is likely to be without an appreciable risk of deleterious effects during a lifetime"

Silver (CASRN 7440-22-4) | IRIS | US EPA

Yep, glowing endorsement there ino

FYI, the EPA also provides RfD's for: lead, aluminum, acetone, formaldehyde, also equivalent exposure measurements (RfC) for inhalants such as mercury...and a few hundred other "toxins".

So I guess the EPA is also endorsing "those" compounds for human use, right

Here's a hint ino, the EPA is looking for toxic effects of "pollutants" ,not approving them as acceptable for human ingestion.....nice try though and thanks for bringing up another avenue to bash silver.

[mod cut] No personal attacks...
That document waffles on a terrible lot about these

[Silver Compounds, Silver Nitrate, Silver Acetate (and Silver Powder which they say if introduced via IV does not induce cancer)]

but I don't see anything remotely resembling EIS listed?

If that document was put up in its entirety one would find this:
[Over a lifetime, a small but measurable amount of silver is accumulated by individuals having no excessive exposure]

and this
[In addition to silver arsphenamine, any silver compound (silver nitrate, silver acetate, argyrol, Neosilvol and Collargol, etc.), at high dose, can cause argyria]

and this
[Hepatic necrosis and ultrastructural changes of the liver have been induced by silver administration to vitamin E and/or selenium deficient rats (Wagner et al., 1975; Diplock et al., 1967; Bunyan et al., 1968). Investigators have hypothesized that this toxicity is related to a silver-induced selenium deficiency that inhibits the synthesis of the seleno-enzyme glutathione peroxidase. In animals supplemented with selenium and/or vitamin E, exposures of silver as high as 140 mg/kg/day (100 mg Ag/L drinking water) were well-tolerated (Bunyan et al., 1968).]

-This I should point out is *way* above the intake users of EIS would ever contemplate ingesting.

and this
[no tumors (0/50) appeared at the site of injection in the silver-treated animals. A complete necropsy was performed on all animals. The authors mentioned the existence of spontaneous tumors in Fischer 344 rats, but reported only injection site tumors. They concluded that finely divided silver powder injected i.m. does not induce cancer.]

Looks like cancer is their main concern as that's what they mostly rabbit on about!

but this is probably the most telling
[Further support for the lack of silver's ability to induce or promote cancer stems from the finding that, despite long standing and frequent therapeutic usage in humans, there are no reports of cancer associated with silver. In a recent Proceedings of a Workshop/Conference on the Role of Metals in Carcinogenesis (1981) containing 24 articles on animal bioassays, epidemiology, biochemistry, mutagenicity, and enhancement and inhibition of carcinogenesis, silver was not included as a metal of carcinogenic concern]

Now as I stated at the beginning, there is an awful lot stated about several things...but Electrolytically Isolated Silver was *NOT* one of them, and just perhaps the last paragraph explains why there are no "studies?" to quote from...'cos they haven't done any! and are not likely to any time soon.

From all this it's obvious that finding suitable "studies?" conducted by the "establishment?" is going to be hard to find, (as I well know), but just because an organisation is unable to quote studies showing detrimental effects of silver (in the form, and produced in the manner I'm referring to I add, which they haven't!) that does not justify their suggestion that it *could* or *would*. Everything they speak about is *unrelated* to the product of which I am speaking about. Simply put...they are not, do not, and in all probability will not discuss EIS.

In conclusion: One should not be using published material such as this in justifying and argument *against* something unless one has viewed suitable alternative material which would afford them the opportunity of making a *judgement* based on all material viewed. "Colloids in Health & Disease" by Alfred B Searle, or "The Body Electric" by Robert O Becker just to name a couple.

As someone alluded to earlier...one chooses which path to travel as an individual, so although this little tate a tate could go on endlessly there really is little point, you travel your path (which is your entitlement) and I'll travel mine (with millions of others around the globe by my side) and if this is construed as conceding defeat...then so be it, I didn't enter a contest, readers will make that decision for themselves, but I don't see doctors surgeries overflowing with, what would have to be today, millions of patients who have ingested EIS, and I dare say you don't either otherwise it would be splashed all over the media...which it isn't.

Oh, and in keeping with your point, quote: "the EPA is looking for toxic effects of "pollutants" end quote, it appears they haven't found any regarding EIS to date!

## Although some editing was done to both me and blue by moderator/s it is appreciated that this conversation was allowed to continue in the interest of the reading public. I do believe however it has pretty much ran it's course from my end and feel I shouldn't pursue it any further for fear of overstepping the mark...besides, getting smacked on the fingers hurts (g) ##

Last edited by ino; 06-24-2009 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Note to moderator/s

Old 07-25-2009, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,481 times
Okay, I have read this entire thread.

The amount of ignorance being displayed by BlueDevilz about the pharmaceutical industry and it's business motives, is really quite shocking.
First of all, I have recently started taking colloidal silver for my abscess tooth, which has caused me severe pain for the past month. I went to the "trustworthy" hospital 3 weeks ago, and I was prescribed the "almighty" Amoxicillin(sarcasm intended). I took it for a full course and it made the symptoms subside TEMPORARILY! What do you know, after just THREE days the pain was back again.

So I thought about the natural antibiotic my grandmother's 83 YEAR OLD friend had been taking for 10 YEARS. I called her and asked her what it was called because I had forgotten, she said it was colloidal silver. I got some of it and the day i got it in the mail I took 2 teaspoons. Within 2 hours I had projectile diarrhea, and I felt sick. I started looking up side effects of colloidal silver and I saw the usual blue jargon, as well as something about the Herxheimer reaction. It turns out the stuff was working and it was removing the toxins from my body, causing the Herxheimer reaction, at least that is what I hoped at the moment lol.

Anyways, 3 hours later I had a strange taste in my mouth so i went and looked at my abscess tooth in the mirror. GUESS WHAT MR. BLUEDEVILZ!??

THERE WAS A HUGE STRING OF PUSS OOZING OUT OF MY ABSCESSED TOOTH!

I don't know if you know what that even means, but just in case you don't let me tell you. IT MEANS THE STUFF KILLED ALL OF THE BACTERIA IN MY STOMACH AND IT DREW THE PUSS OUT OF MY TOOTH WITHIN HOURS!

And don't say "oh well you don't know what caused that", because I was taking NOTHING else, and the tooth was NOT draining AT ALL before I took it!

Hey... would you believe that I haven't had a single tooth ache SINCE I took the silver! Oh and the acne on my face and chest(blackheads) began to drain the SAME NIGHT! I mean the puss just oozed out of the pimples without me even touching them! I woke up sweating and rubbed my chest and little puss balls came off on my hand! No I wasn't COVERED in pimples lol... I said blackheads, I am sure you have some too lol.

Over the past couple of days I have been experiencing drainage from my skin and my tooth AND the dark circles that were under my eyes are disappearing!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! I had a bump where a tick bit me that has been swollen and itchy, on the back of my leg for a YEAR AND A HALF! I have asked a doctor about it and they said "oh I wouldn't worry about that it's PROBABLY just scar tissue".... Yeah that's right... he said PROBABLY... gotta love those pharma pets... uh I mean "PROFESSIONAL" doctors huh?

Anyways.... IT'S GONE! I swear to God I am not lying about this, the bump was the size of a large ant bite and it was hard as if the tick had grown back under the skin.....and IT IS GONE!!!!

Look... you can think I am lying to you because I only have one post on these forums.. or you can wake up and start using your brain man! C'mon.. where has your logic gone?

I love how you call silver "dangerous" even though you could die quicker off of alcohol poisoning lol... do you know what it means to not be able to overdose? I mean can you even wrap your enormously large head around the fact that you could drink this stuff by the bottle and NOTHING would happen? C'mon man... try that with some Midol ! You'll be bleeding from the inside out!

I already know you are going to quote me saying nothing could happen, and you're going to say i could turn blue..

Mister bluedevilz... please do explain to me how the process of argyria occurs? Here let me tell you how it happens so I can show just how ignorant you are on the subject. By the way i learned this after a couple of hours of research... that shows how closed minded you are, constantly referring to the same fear mongering websites yet never actually researching the cause of argyria. Here let me explain it to you in laymens terms, so you can push your pseudointellectualism to the side for a second and use some good old common sense.

Argyria occurs when the silver bonds to the skin and then sun hits the skin and causes the silver to stain your skin(laymens terms). How does this happen though? Can it happen with colloidal silver?

This happens when the silver binds with a salt or protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXTRA EXCLAMATION AND CAPS OBVIOUSLY NEEDED FOR YOU!!! So what does this mean? This means that colloidal silver that is made WITHOUT SALTS AND PROTEINS CANNOT BOND TO YOUR SKIN!!!!! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

The ONLY way for silver to bond to your skin is if it is made with something that will allow it to do so! Blue man used tap water... salts and impurities.... congress man used silver nitrate..

You know what.. why am I even telling you this.. you have been told this by ino how many times now? Look... believe what you want to believe but I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SILVER IS THE BEST ANTIBIOTIC..PERIOD!

Here's a little food for thought.. let us ponder the following, as I have been thinking about these things for a couple of days now.

"Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth"
"Didn't have everything handed on a silver platter"
"A silver bullet is the only thing that can kill a werewolve" (while werewolves are purely fictional, you cannot ignore the fact that (fictionally) people become werewolves because of an infection caused by a bite.... a literary metaphor for silver's infection fighting properties perhaps? of course to you it is another coincidence)
You know I find it funny that a World Health Organization official came on the news the other day and said that there was no silver bullet for the swine flu...another terrible coincidence.

Why is silverware made of ...silver?

Why did ancient cultures store their food in silver containers to keep it from spoiling?

Why did people in the 1800's put silver dollars in their milk to keep it from spoiling for weeks at a time?

Last but not least, why was it the MOST USED ANTIBIOTIC IN THE WORLD up until 1938?.... do you even know what happened in 1938...

Do some research and you will find out that is the year that the FDA took control of food and drug censorship.. it is COINCIDENTALLY the year that the world's most effective and widely used antibiotic was shunned in favor of antibiotics that CAUSE bacteria and viruses to MUTATE and become STRONGER!

But why would the FDA do such a thing if all of this is true? Am I just some conspiracy nut? (to you perhaps) Research social eugenics my friend. Find out about the way the world works, and most importantly, prepare for what is about to happen in this country within the next year.

You are clueless about who is in power and what their agenda is.. you know nothing about depopulation.. you know nothing about the UN's agenda 21 .. You know nothing about the NAU... (what's NAU you say.. EXACTLY)

When I want to know about something I do the research on BOTH sides, and truthfully there isn't much to this whole silver argument, and anyone with some common sense can see the truth.

I mean think about all of the people that use this stuff, and all you can find is three people? Three people.. and one of em is a "trustworthy" CONGRESSMAN (who just HAPPENED to turn blue while he was running for office LMFAO!) and the other two took silver COMPOUNDS for 15 years.....One of em RUBBBBED it into his skin lololol... and made it with tap water....lolololol.. and then fox news just happens to get a drift of this... yet he says he stays in the house and he doesn't go anywhere because he is ashamed of it.... "but your welcome to show this to the world" says the ashamed blue man... "after you and pharma cuts me my check"...

You make me laugh when you try to use words to make yourself look smart. You are trying to win a debate that involves only common sense, with linguistic wit, and it just isn't working. You don't need to try and prove how smart you are. Everyone can see how duped you are, no matter how many 10 letter words you use to insult someone else about something you HAVE NEVER TRIED.

You can keep ignoring everyone's testimonies and your own common sense but before 2010 is over, you will either be a "conspiracy theorist".. or you will be scared... or you will be dead. (off topic?... YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE TOPIC FRIEND!)

Please don't respond with semantical attacks about how many consecutive periods I use when I type, or about how I prove nothing.... Save the personal attacks, I could care less if you think I am smart, I am a proffessional writer and I make a living off of it! Please don't say this is a long post..I type fast enough, so that I could print this out.. wipe my arse with it and write another one by the time you finished reading the first paragraph.

And if you say that I am just trying to sell some silver.... then I must be the dumbest salesman ever.... because I forgot to tell you which colloidal silver to buy LOL.......
AT YOU

Last edited by CriticalContent; 07-25-2009 at 04:23 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times
oh lord, here we go again.
i like it.
i've used it successfully on and off for years.
i'm not blue ... well, not my skin anyway.
i use it skillfully.
i know my body.
is there anymore to be said about this that hasn't already been said over and over?
but wait ... here comes bluedevilz and the other one.
get ready.
here we go.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
btw, CriticalContent, good post.
It's just that you've opened up the door for more.
this post began over a year and a half ago but i understand your need to ad to it.
but there are minds that will not open and will not change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine