Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 10:50 AM

8,235 posts, read 3,447,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I cannot imagine any alternative treatment that could safely remove part of the stomach, part of the pancreas, and the entire duodenum resulting in 16 more years of life.
Everyone agrees that surgery is sometimes necessary. Alternative medicine does not include surgery, since that is well taken care of by mainstream medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 10:57 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,859,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Everyone agrees that surgery is sometimes necessary. Alternative medicine does not include surgery, since that is well taken care of by mainstream medicine.
What just blows me away is that so many here especially think there is only ONE WAY to achieve health and wellness. So far from the truth, but they argue to I guess convince themselves. Minds so closed to "real" natural types of protocols.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:32 PM

48,632 posts, read 35,099,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What just blows me away is that so many here especially think there is only ONE WAY to achieve health and wellness. So far from the truth, but they argue to I guess convince themselves. Minds so closed to "real" natural types of protocols.
The real natural protocols are diet and exercise.

All you are doing is saying your pill is better than someone else's pill.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-21-2018, 01:57 PM

7,161 posts, read 12,730,115 times
I agree with the OP. There are, however, more and more Allopathic Doctors who are embracing "integrative" medicine, though. Thinking about cardiologists Dean Ornish, Stephen Sinatra-- and general doctor, Andrew Weil.

But for most traditional physicians, as long as the medical schools give scant attention to diet, nutrition, supplements, and herbs, we can expect business as usual in being prescribed medications without attention to integration.

As a nation, we're way behind other nations in this. For example, in Germany, one of the first considerations for high blood pressure is using hawthorn, which does a good job of lowering blood pressure without the rather nasty side effects of prescription medications (ask me--I know from personal experience).

I wish we were more enlightened in medical integration. Western medicine is terrific in certain areas -- not so much in other areas.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:01 PM

7,161 posts, read 12,730,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The real natural protocols are diet and exercise.

All you are doing is saying your pill is better than someone else's pill.
Not quite. A fair number of ailments can come from a lack of certain vitamins, minerals and other non-prescription supplements/medications.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I agree with the OP. There are, however, more and more Allopathic Doctors who are embracing "integrative" medicine, though. Thinking about cardiologists Dean Ornish, Stephen Sinatra-- and general doctor, Andrew Weil.

But for most traditional physicians, as long as the medical schools give scant attention to diet, nutrition, supplements, and herbs, we can expect business as usual in being prescribed medications without attention to integration.

As a nation, we're way behind other nations in this. For example, in Germany, one of the first considerations for high blood pressure is using hawthorn, which does a good job of lowering blood pressure without the rather nasty side effects of prescription medications (ask me--I know from personal experience).

I wish we were more enlightened in medical integration. Western medicine is terrific in certain areas -- not so much in other areas.
I so totally agree 1000%,, try everything as natural as possible and then if necessary go to the big guns..but that is NOT allopathic money driven world.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Not quite. A fair number of ailments can come from a lack of certain vitamins, minerals and other non-prescription supplements/medications.
Thus leading back to my comment about diet.....

Old 03-21-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Thus leading back to my comment about diet.....
Oh Mikala, I'm thinking MOST don't eat as great as you do. I wonder if I had a chef/cook to prepare all my foods would things have been different early on. I was busy working for 40 yrs, raising a child and did my best with my foods. I'll never know. We all have been on our paths, you see that don't you?

Old 03-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh Mikala, I'm thinking MOST don't eat as great as you do. I wonder if I had a chef/cook to prepare all my foods would things have been different early on. I'll never know.
Why need a chef? I DO love to cook though!

Couldn't find anything to back up Germany using Hawthorn as a primary response to HBP.

https://academic.oup.com/ajh/article/29/1/104/2622507

That says the use of meds has greatly increased in Germany as treatment for HBP, and that it is associated as the reason HBP has been going down in that location.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Why need a chef? I DO love to cook though!

Couldn't find anything to back up Germany using Hawthorn as a primary response to HBP.

https://academic.oup.com/ajh/article/29/1/104/2622507

That says the use of meds has greatly increased in Germany as treatment for HBP, and that it is associated as the reason HBP has been going down in that location.
I enjoy cooking too, did you read my comments above here. I'm done here for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine