Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 10:16 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,861,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Too much strenuous exercise may be a problem. Exercise is a physical stress on the body so it raises cortisol, just like emotional stress, which can raise blood pressure.

Just like moderation with food, some may need to exercise in moderation.

https://www.premierhealth.com/Women-...tress-Hormone/
I believe this and think too much strenuous exercise has been pushed in the last 20-30 yrs. More is not necessarily better...more joint damage that's true too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 02:17 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,000,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You can be anal about nutrition and diet and still have hypertension. There are stresses that can be fixed and those that cannot, too.
Absolutely. And that hypertension might just be your normal and you'll live to 90 years with what is normal for YOUR BODY.

I know someone whose normal body temp hovers around 94 F. Perfectly healthy.

What is lost in all these tests and screens is that everyone is different. If you are not in the normal range it does. not. mean. you. need. fixing.

Except if you work for pharma, in which case it means you get to promote and sell more drugs to make money even though the drug won't help that particular patient.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:15 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,831,733 times
I, too, believe that too much strenuous exercise of the wrong kind can make matters worse. Too much running, meaning pounding on hard surfaces such as roads. Too much heavy lifting can put too much stress on the joints.

Regular exercise in moderation will strengthen the muscles, thus being good for the joints. But too many people are overdoing it with strenuous exercise and damaging their joints instead of starting out gently and working up.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:49 PM

37,277 posts, read 41,501,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Absolutely. And that hypertension might just be your normal and you'll live to 90 years with what is normal for YOUR BODY.

I know someone whose normal body temp hovers around 94 F. Perfectly healthy.

What is lost in all these tests and screens is that everyone is different. If you are not in the normal range it does. not. mean. you. need. fixing.

Except if you work for pharma, in which case it means you get to promote and sell more drugs to make money even though the drug won't help that particular patient.

Perhaps there will be some people with blood pressures of over 140/90 who will never have a heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure. However, if you look at people who do have heart attacks, strokes, or kidney failure you will find a significant number of them have blood pressures over 140/90. There is no way to know who can walk around with a blood pressure of 200/110 and never have a complication from it and live to be 90. The probability of a hypertensive complication is high, even if it is not 100%.

As evidence has accumulated, the level at which to offer medication to lower blood pressure has been adjusted downward. That is because lower pressures have been associated with better outcomes.

You are free to decide whether you would rather pay for a drug which will lower your pressure or accept the consequences of complications from the adverse effects of hypertension. You will end up paying a lot more to treat the complication than you would have paid for the drug. You can decide whether to put your money in pharma's pocket or pay for dialysis and the meds needed to treat renal failure, for example. Also, kidney transplants are not cheap (and require medications to prevent rejection, too).

As you have been told repeatedly, I do not and have never worked for "pharma".

Old 06-20-2018, 07:27 PM

We've have a lot of good discussions on H&W and Alt Med is pretty neglected. So I have a comment on discussions and how they go, I hear a lot of anger from so many in the discussions. Wonder why that is.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:11 AM

BTW: This post is a couple months old NOT 2 yrs old.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:45 AM

3,104 posts, read 1,573,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
BTW: This post is a couple months old NOT 2 yrs old.
Quote:
We've have a lot of good discussions on H&W and Alt Med is pretty neglected. So I have a comment on discussions and how they go, I hear a lot of anger from so many in the discussions. Wonder why that is.
For what ever reasons, alt med seems to be a threat to traditionalists. Why that would be I dont know. We all live our lives differently. Alt med has alot to offer. Does it work all the time? No. But neither does tradition med.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
For what ever reasons, alt med seems to be a threat to traditionalists. Why that would be I dont know. We all live our lives differently. Alt med has alot to offer. Does it work all the time? No. But neither does tradition med.
A recent example of this "threat" of prevention. I had posted in the Reversing Alz thread about the fact that Facebook is pulling videos and info on the upcoming summit on alz prevention. If we prevent nothing, they "have us".

Old 06-22-2018, 12:07 PM

3,104 posts, read 1,573,849 times
Quote:
A recent example of this "threat" of prevention. I had posted in the Reversing Alz thread about the fact that Facebook is pulling videos and info on the upcoming summit on alz prevention. If we prevent nothing, they "have us".
Did fb give areason for why they arent allowing info on alz prevention?

Old 06-22-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Did fb give areason for why they arent allowing info on alz prevention?
I'm not on FB, but I can only think pharma is behind it. You can look at the post in the thread I mentioned.

From what I understand FB has a Huge audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine