Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 07:24 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,115,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
You have to qualify with a DR for one of the like 25 ailments.
Then you pay $300? first time for a year for the license and $250 to renew?
Then you can only go to one of like five or six dispenseries to buy it.
You have to have an appointment and good hybrid with like a 27 THC level is $38.00 per 1/8!!!
What a monopoly! Mass is legal for recreational sales as of July 1st.
I imagine there will be a lot of cross border buying, which will be legal.
So Connecticut loses out on all the tax dollars and those of us trying to obey the law will still pay double, triple or quadruple the prices! Thanks to zero leadership from our Governor.
Bummer.

Well, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Cross border buying will be legal? Excellent! Massachusetts is pretty close.

Keep on the sunny side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 07:50 AM

37,571 posts, read 61,652,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
More like 30.

Low THC/CBD oil isn't the same as legalized medical marijuana.
Low THC/CBD products are things like hemp.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:53 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,854,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
More like 30.

Low THC/CBD oil isn't the same as legalized medical marijuana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Low THC/CBD products are things like hemp.
I read that wrong and I'm wondering if AD meant what I thought he/she meant or if they meant what you thought lol. I thought AD meant low THC/high CBD? AguaDulce, solve this! lol

Old 05-02-2018, 09:54 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,866,460 times
People have known for thousands of years that Marijuana is Good Medicine.

In the last 75 years Religious Wackos and Politicians got involved and declared it Toxic and Dangerous.

But it's still Good Medicine.

And people are starting to realize that Religion and Politics are Toxic and Dangerous.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
People have known for thousands of years that Marijuana is Good Medicine.

In the last 75 years Religious Wackos and Politicians got involved and declared it Toxic and Dangerous.

But it's still Good Medicine.

And people are starting to realize that Religion and Politics are Toxic and Dangerous.
Pardon me, but when you say: "Religious Wackos and Politicians" I think that you really must include racism in that mix. And in fact I think that history is now showing that religion took a back seat to racism in the era when it all began.

Harry J. Anslinger, the Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Nixon gave a lot of speeches on his racism. So it is all recorded for posterity.

Google his speeches on drugs and you will be shocked at the hatred dripping from that man.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:13 PM

6,829 posts, read 3,241,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Pardon me, but when you say: "Religious Wackos and Politicians" I think that you really must include racism in that mix. And in fact I think that history is now showing that religion took a back seat to racism in the era when it all began.

Harry J. Anslinger, the Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Nixon gave a lot of speeches on his racism. So it is all recorded for posterity.

Google his speeches on drugs and you will be shocked at the hatred dripping from that man.

Actually, Anslinger died in 1975. He was in his 80's when Nixon was in office. Are you sure he was Commissioner when Nixon was in office?

Old 07-30-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Actually, Anslinger died in 1975. He was in his 80's when Nixon was in office. Are you sure he was Commissioner when Nixon was in office?
It is my understanding that he was the first Commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics. He served in that position from
August 12, 1930 – May 1962.

Under: Presidents Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and John F. Kennedy.

Harry J. Anslinger quotes:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

"the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine