Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 06:39 PM

205 posts, read 1,021,588 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have chronic pains such as migraine headaches. If I were to move to a state where medical marijuana was legal, where would I typically buy the stuff at in order to use it? What would I do with it once I got it home in order to use it? How much would it typically cost and how much would it get me? How long would the stuff last, etc. etc....? Thanks for any help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:53 PM

48,634 posts, read 35,104,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy71 View Post
Hi,
I have chronic pains such as migraine headaches. If I were to move to a state where medical marijuana was legal, where would I typically buy the stuff at in order to use it? What would I do with it once I got it home in order to use it? How much would it typically cost and how much would it get me? How long would the stuff last, etc. etc....? Thanks for any help..
Google the state and their dispensaries. I think your question is too broad.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-21-2018, 08:52 AM

37,574 posts, read 61,652,947 times
Here in Maine we have laws that allow medical marijuana.

We have two options for supply:
first is that you locate a licensed 'caregiver', this person will select and grow a strain of plants specifically for you.
Second is that there are 'dispensaries' where they retail a wide assortment of medicinal products.

You must go to a doctor, to get a signed letter, and an ID card. You need to carry the ID card at all times, and if you use a dispensary they will want to hold a photocopy of your letter.

edit: I have a medical marijuana card. I have cancer and I am currently going through radiation treatment.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:12 AM

25,827 posts, read 20,766,328 times
Quote:
Hi,
In states where it is legal, there are stores, usually referred to, as “dispensaries” where you would go to get your prescription filled.
How you would use it would depend on the form you are prescribed and/or feel most comfortable with.
Cost would likely depend on form, specific locale and demand.
No idea how long it would last. As with any other Rx, it would depend on how often it is administered.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:21 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,866,460 times
Quote:

(1) ...medical marijuana...where would I typically buy the stuff at in order to use it?

(2) What would I do with it once I got it home in order to use it?

(3)How much would it typically cost and how much would it get me?

(4) How long would the stuff last, etc. etc....?

All marijuana is "medical".

(1) Here in Washington you legally buy it from a Marijuana Store.

(2) Put it in your pipe and smoke it.

(3) I just bought an ounce of Cinex and an ounce of Purple Sour Deisel for $55.00 each.

(4) how long it lasts depends on how much you smoke.

You can get a lot of info including locations and prices at:

https://www.leafly.com.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:41 PM

21,630 posts, read 8,790,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
In states where it is legal, there are stores, usually referred to, as “dispensaries” where you would go to get your prescription filled.
How you would use it would depend on the form you are prescribed and/or feel most comfortable with.
Cost would likely depend on form, specific locale and demand.
No idea how long it would last. As with any other Rx, it would depend on how often it is administered.
There are no prescriptions for medical marijuana, only recommendations. It is illegal for a doctor to write a prescription for medical marijuana because it is still classified by the federal government as a Schedule I substance (no medical benefit; high potential for addiction). The most your doctor can do is to sign a form that says you have a condition that can be helped by using medical MJ.

If you live in a state where both recreational and medical MJ are legal, all you need is ID to prove your identity, that you are over 21. I believe that some states require you to be a resident to shop at a dispensary; others do not. You would have to check the laws in the state you are moving to.

Since doctors won't tell you what to take, you have to rely on other sources to determine what products would benefit you and what dosage is appropriate. Most "budtenders," as they call people who work behind the counter at dispensaries, are more than happy to answer your questions and give you recommendations. There is also a ton of helpful information online.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:10 AM

25,827 posts, read 20,766,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
There are no prescriptions for medical marijuana, only recommendations. It is illegal for a doctor to write a prescription for medical marijuana because it is still classified by the federal government as a Schedule I substance (no medical benefit; high potential for addiction). The most your doctor can do is to sign a form that says you have a condition that can be helped by using medical MJ.

If you live in a state where both recreational and medical MJ are legal, all you need is ID to prove your identity, that you are over 21. I believe that some states require you to be a resident to shop at a dispensary; others do not. You would have to check the laws in the state you are moving to.

Since doctors won't tell you what to take, you have to rely on other sources to determine what products would benefit you and what dosage is appropriate. Most "budtenders," as they call people who work behind the counter at dispensaries, are more than happy to answer your questions and give you recommendations. There is also a ton of helpful information online.
Yes, of course you are correct. I should have put "prescription" in quotes.

Some additional info for the OP:

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/abo...-prescription/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/m...tml/?a=viewall

Old 04-26-2018, 11:18 AM

22,694 posts, read 24,721,132 times
I believe 46 state have legalized medical-marijuana.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:23 PM

723 posts, read 1,009,848 times
Default Here in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
All marijuana is "medical".

(1) Here in Washington you legally buy it from a Marijuana Store.

(2) Put it in your pipe and smoke it.

(3) I just bought an ounce of Cinex and an ounce of Purple Sour Deisel for $55.00 each.

(4) how long it lasts depends on how much you smoke.

You can get a lot of info including locations and prices at:

https://www.leafly.com.
You have to qualify with a DR for one of the like 25 ailments.
Then you pay $300? first time for a year for the license and $250 to renew?
Then you can only go to one of like five or six dispenseries to buy it.
You have to have an appointment and good hybrid with like a 27 THC level is $38.00 per 1/8!!!
What a monopoly! Mass is legal for recreational sales as of July 1st.
I imagine there will be a lot of cross border buying, which will be legal.
So Connecticut loses out on all the tax dollars and those of us trying to obey the law will still pay double, triple or quadruple the prices! Thanks to zero leadership from our Governor.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:21 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I believe 46 state have legalized medical-marijuana.
More like 30.

Low THC/CBD oil isn't the same as legalized medical marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine