Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 01:44 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

https://www.dentistryiq.com/articles...-patients.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 10:59 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,840,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I found that very informative! Thank you

Old 05-11-2018, 05:50 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,131,779 times
Quote:
Great article, and I’ve saved it. Thanks Jam! As someone who goes to the dentist and periodontist, it’s always good to keep up with what helps. The hygienist said it’s hereditary and my pop had it too. Got to take care of those pearly whites.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Great article, and I’ve saved it. Thanks Jam! As someone who goes to the dentist and periodontist, it’s always good to keep up with what helps. The hygienist said it’s hereditary and my pop had it too. Got to take care of those pearly whites.
In the Dental Area here I have talked about "deep pockets" dx I was given in the 80's -- this was before I was taking Grape Seed Ex and I did nothing like scaling or extra deep cleanings...and then years later 1995 I found Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Ex and the deep pocket issue was Never mentioned in the years when I did the dental annual visits for cleanings etc. I feel very fortunate to not have dental issues as I spent many hours and money in the dental chairs for years prior to Grape Seed. Plus I ate too too much carbs/sugars as I reflect back on my life.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
In the Dental Area here I have talked about "deep pockets" dx I was given in the 80's -- this was before I was taking Grape Seed Ex and I did nothing like scaling or extra deep cleanings...and then years later 1995 I found Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Ex and the deep pocket issue was Never mentioned in the years when I did the dental annual visits for cleanings etc. I feel very fortunate to not have dental issues as I spent many hours and money in the dental chairs for years prior to Grape Seed. Plus I ate too too much carbs/sugars as I reflect back on my life.
Well, I’m taking the grape seed and will check out Pycnogenol. Thanks for the heads up! Yes, I have a sweet tooth, my dad had one too. I realize our teeth haven’t evolved to our processed, high in everything that’s bad for you, modern diet. I do try to eat healthy and do due diligence on oral hygiene, most of the time.

Do you use natural or homemade toothpaste? I use Tom’s and keep meaning to make homemade toothpaste.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Well, I’m taking the grape seed and will check out Pycnogenol. Thanks for the heads up! Yes, I have a sweet tooth, my dad had one too. I realize our teeth haven’t evolved to our processed, high in everything that’s bad for you, modern diet. I do try to eat healthy and do due diligence on oral hygiene, most of the time.

Do you use natural or homemade toothpaste? I use Tom’s and keep meaning to make homemade toothpaste.
I use Coconut Oil and found Now Foods Coconut Oil toothpaste (it's new) and I mix it in with the CO...really really nice and so clean tasty. I used Toms years ago...if you use Toms get the one that does not contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), they may make a couple flavors. My friend buys Toms with NO SLS in it.

I was raised with lots of sugars and mom/dad had horrible dental health. They didn't know back then, sugar ruled and it was used so much and the women all baked....

Old 05-11-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I use Coconut Oil and found Now Foods Coconut Oil toothpaste (it's new) and I mix it in with the CO...really really nice and so clean tasty. I used Toms years ago...if you use Toms get the one that does not contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), they may make a couple flavors. My friend buys Toms with NO SLS in it.

I was raised with lots of sugars and mom/dad had horrible dental health. They didn't know back then, sugar ruled and it was used so much and the women all baked....
Now Foods Coconut Oil toothpaste, thanks, I’ll look for it in the vitamin store. SLS is in a lot of shampoos and soaps. Funny, I never expected it to be in Tom’s.

I love sugary things, but don’t smoke (anything) drink much, take drugs. I have to have at least one bad habit.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:40 PM

Taz22, work on reducing sugars. I've paid dearly and finally waking up. We don't need bad habits, do we?

SLS is in most toothpastes especially commercial brands, health food store brands not too much.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Taz22, work on reducing sugars. I've paid dearly and finally waking up. We don't need bad habits, do we?

SLS is in most toothpastes especially commercial brands, health food store brands not too much.
I’ll try, but it’s not easy. Thanks for the encouragement!

Old 05-14-2018, 04:14 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Acidic-foods and sugar did a number on my teeth. I mainly avoid both now, along with most other carbs. Most of the plaque/tartar on my teeth is gone....but the damage from my previous eating-habits is there to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine