Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 07:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It truly amazes me. I will also include even in your old age. You do not need to run to doctors with whatever is bothering you, insurance or not.

I do not consider myself some "superhuman" as some on this site have said, but I do believe in letting nature run it's course. In the past 10 years from the age of 60 on, I have smashed my head on a tree with blood running down my face, to itchy rash on my back. Everything healed on it's own without any medical treatment after a few weeks. How can that possibly be???? Your body knows how to heat itself in the majority of cases. Give it TIME.

Subject for another site, but it also applies to animals. Our girl cat was scratched by her brother. Big black spot by her whiskers. Husband was in a panic. Gotta take her to a Vet. Three weeks later it is all totally healed without any medical intervention.

Let nature take it's course and heal your body.
I couldn't agree with you more. If I were to become the unfortunate recipient of a broken leg I would try with all my might to find some old codger or survivalist who would he willing to set it and slap a splint in it and call it good. Now days doctors can't do anything without 14 MRIs and surgeries to put pins and plates and other unnecessary garbage in you. To heck with that.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:03 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
It truly amazes me. I will also include even in your old age. You do not need to run to doctors with whatever is bothering you, insurance or not.

I do not consider myself some "superhuman" as some on this site have said, but I do believe in letting nature run it's course. In the past 10 years from the age of 60 on, I have smashed my head on a tree with blood running down my face, to itchy rash on my back. Everything healed on it's own without any medical treatment after a few weeks. How can that possibly be???? Your body knows how to heat itself in the majority of cases. Give it TIME.

Subject for another site, but it also applies to animals. Our girl cat was scratched by her brother. Big black spot by her whiskers. Husband was in a panic. Gotta take her to a Vet. Three weeks later it is all totally healed without any medical intervention.

You are talking about non-lethal injuries. Try that with a severed artery. Why don't you tell this theory to my mother who succumbed to ALS five years after diagnosis. My grandmother who succumbed to leukemia 12 years after diagnosis. I'm sure it would have relieved them so much to know their bodies actually were healing themselves. Just not fast or soon enough for them to continue breathing.

Last edited by Parnassia; 09-13-2018 at 01:35 AM..

Old 09-13-2018, 07:12 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Yes, of course we're talking about non-lethal injuries, so sorry for everyone who has lost loved ones or battles now with serious illnesses.

Our family goes through life intentionally believing that we won't get sick. I really don't know how to explain it, its just how we are. If someone starts feeling ill, we even say "don't get sick" and suggest they go outside and rest in the sunshine, drink more water, maybe take vitamins or a homeopathic remedy or essential oil, eat something spicy to burn out the germs from the inside, etc. These are all things to help nudge the body to heal itself, extreme positive belief plus the placebo effect and good energy.

If someone has tummy issues, we don't run for meds, we ask why. What did you eat or drink that's different? We're intentionally aware and try to discern things in our lifestyle that cause our bodies distress and change it. We've found over the years that almost all of us have issues with dairy, wheat and sugar, so we minimize those. Finding the cause is always part of it.

We don't use antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers. We don't use sunscreen. We don't get flu vaccines. We haven't needed antibiotics in decades. We want those meds to work for us if and when we ever truly need them. We use simple rubbing alcohol on our skin as needed.

I believe we need to be outside as much as possible, fresh air, sunshine, barefoot, connecting with nature.

I can't even remember the last time anyone had a fever, but I do remember growing up, how mom would wrap us in a blanket on the couch and we would wait for the fever to break, then we'd be fine. In layman's terms, the fever is a good thing, it's burning up the germs and trying to heal the body. I never understood why people would take something to stop the fever if it's not at a dangerous level. Same thing with vomiting or diarrhea, that's the bodies way of quickly getting rid of something it doesn't want. Why would you take something to stop that? Just drink more water to assist the process and not get dehydrated.

Anyway, we know that we may eventually need medical care for something serious, just trying to let our bodies heal themselves of minor things until that day comes.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:23 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
A long time ago I went to the dr for something and he said, "You're young; you'll heal fast." I was really surprised that he would say that. I had imagined I'd be getting medicine of some kind. But he explained that youth was truly on my side, that I was resilient and would heal on my own.

He was right. We older people, I'm not so sure, lol.
This old person (65) is doing pretty well. This week I called my dentist's office because I was having episodes of pain in a tooth that's scheduled to be replaced with an implant on October 3, but I'm headed to Scotland next week and didn't want it to turn into an emergency while I was there. I had a lot of irritation and if I put pressure on the area of my face over the gun area, it hurt. Something is going on under the crown and I'd thought maybe he could take the crown off and do something. The receptionist talked with the dentist, who said there wasn't much he could do, but he offered to prescribe an antibiotic. I already have some Azithromycin (and I'm VERY hesitant about taking antibiotics) so I just told her I appreciated his honesty.

Twenty-four hours later, the pain is gone and I can chew (cautiously) on that side. I have no illusion that the problem is gone and am looking forward to getting the mess removed and replaced with an implant- but it IS amazing what the body can heal. Makes me wonder what else it fights off without our even noticing.

Last edited by in_newengland; 09-13-2018 at 11:14 AM..

Old 09-13-2018, 10:26 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:

This is not a good course of action to take with children, though. It's okay for an adult to decide they won't see a doctor but when they refuse to take their children to one, that's what I have a problem with.

The body doesn't always heal everything. That's why everyone eventually dies.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:44 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
As always with this type subject, there are extreme comments from members. But a lot of issues we can take care of ourselves by working with prevention early on in our lives...And nutrition and exercise and de stressing our bodies....it goes on and on what WE CAN DO.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:22 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I wouldn't have gone to the doctor for those things either, I'm not sure why that is noteworthy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-13-2018, 04:24 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You are talking about non-lethal injuries. Try that with a severed artery. Why don't you tell this theory to my mother who succumbed to ALS five years after diagnosis. My grandmother who succumbed to leukemia 12 years after diagnosis. I'm sure it would have relieved them so much to know their bodies actually were healing themselves. Just not fast or soon enough for them to continue breathing.

Excuse me but the tour that I was on wanted to immediately take me to the ER when I hit my head on that tree. I heard CRACK, and felt it running down my head, when I hit my head. Blood was soaking my hair and running down my face. They told me the tour would cover my ER visit if I did not have my own insurance. I had to sign a waiver refusing treatment. I used compression with paper towels on my head until the bleeding stopped, and did not wash my hair for days afterwards. Would you have gone to an ER for something like this?

This was almost 10 years ago. Now what do you think an ER would have done, and how much that would have cost? Shouldn't I have been DEAD by now after 10 years? Oh, what LUCK!

This may be an extreme case, but everything most people run to doctors and ER's for pales in comparison. Disagree?

Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Would you have gone to an ER for something like this?
Yes, because if you are wrong in your assumption that there is not a serious injury the results can be catastrophic.

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-po...rain-injuries/

Old 09-13-2018, 04:36 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This is not a good course of action to take with children, though. It's okay for an adult to decide they won't see a doctor but when they refuse to take their children to one, that's what I have a problem with.

The body doesn't always heal everything. That's why everyone eventually dies.
I agree with you as far as children go, but for an adult, especially one over the age of 65, death is going to come sooner rather than later. It seems a lot of people cannot accept that. Does it really matter WHAT you die from? I know the medical professionals would like to prevent ALL deaths. but that is out of their hands when it comes to the choice of adults. I think the majority of older adults would prefer to end it than just be alive in some hospital bed living as a vegetable just so medicine can say they are keeping someone alive.

Just my opinion. I will "live" by this choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine