Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 04:48 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes, because if you are wrong in your assumption that there is not a serious injury the results can be catastrophic.

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-po...rain-injuries/
Time proved me right. Wrong? If bleeding in my brain, why am I still alive after 10 years? More of my "luck"? I believe in when it is your time to go, then it is your time to go. Not saying everyone must believe this, but it is my choice, and nobody else's, let alone some medical professional. You want a law forcing medical treatment for adults too?

Old 09-13-2018, 06:06 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I agree with you as far as children go, but for an adult, especially one over the age of 65, death is going to come sooner rather than later. It seems a lot of people cannot accept that. Does it really matter WHAT you die from? I know the medical professionals would like to prevent ALL deaths. but that is out of their hands when it comes to the choice of adults. I think the majority of older adults would prefer to end it than just be alive in some hospital bed living as a vegetable just so medicine can say they are keeping someone alive.

Just my opinion. I will "live" by this choice.
Totally agree with you.

On the issue of medical professionals keeping you alive - they also have a vested interest in terms of more $ (doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, et al)

Old 09-13-2018, 06:11 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Excuse me but the tour that I was on wanted to immediately take me to the ER when I hit my head on that tree. I heard CRACK, and felt it running down my head, when I hit my head. Blood was soaking my hair and running down my face. They told me the tour would cover my ER visit if I did not have my own insurance. I had to sign a waiver refusing treatment. I used compression with paper towels on my head until the bleeding stopped, and did not wash my hair for days afterwards. Would you have gone to an ER for something like this?

This was almost 10 years ago. Now what do you think an ER would have done, and how much that would have cost? Shouldn't I have been DEAD by now after 10 years? Oh, what LUCK!

This may be an extreme case, but everything most people run to doctors and ER's for pales in comparison. Disagree?
1. A scalp laceration from a "dirty object" ie: tree branch that results in blood "soaking the hair" should absolutely have been evaluated in the ED.

2. I would guess over 90% of the population would use their God given common sense to go to the ED in such a situation...

3. What would the ED have done? The wound would have been evaluated, irrigated and closed typically with staples, possibly sutures, occasionally with "hair ties"....it isn't rocket science but it is a very common reason for an ED visit. I closed many scalp wounds as a student...

4. Why do you care about the "cost"? You were told the "cost" would be covered....odd to even consider that as a reason "not to go"

5. An extreme case?? Most people's reasons for heading to the ED or doctor's office "pale in comparison"???

Seriously??? It is a minor nuisance, doesn't mean it shouldn't be professionally addressed but hardly equivalent to someone who presents to ED with chest pain or difficulty breathing...

6. Lucky to be alive?? Again....drama much??? It was a scalp wound....

Could you have developed an infection or even contracted tetanus??? Sure so in that respect you were "lucky" since your "treatment" for this particularly injury was poor at best...

Old 09-13-2018, 06:52 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
The final words have been spoken. There is not one answer and you can't go on fighting all night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine