Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 04:57 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,314,125 times

Advertisements

It truly amazes me. I will also include even in your old age. You do not need to run to doctors with whatever is bothering you, insurance or not.

I do not consider myself some "superhuman" as some on this site have said, but I do believe in letting nature run it's course. In the past 10 years from the age of 60 on, I have smashed my head on a tree with blood running down my face, to itchy rash on my back. Everything healed on it's own without any medical treatment after a few weeks. How can that possibly be???? Your body knows how to heat itself in the majority of cases. Give it TIME.

Subject for another site, but it also applies to animals. Our girl cat was scratched by her brother. Big black spot by her whiskers. Husband was in a panic. Gotta take her to a Vet. Three weeks later it is all totally healed without any medical intervention.

Let nature take it's course and heal your body.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:25 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Agree with you, for the most part, OP - sometimes the body needs help and that's why we have "Nature's Pharmacy" - herbs and other natural substances (flower essences, essential oils, etc.).

I don't know when people became so helpless.

I also believe all illness stems from an emotional imbalance. Probably one percent (if that) of doctors believe that. If you treat the underlying imbalance, then the body will heal itself - acupuncture works on the same principle - get the chi flowing - stagnant chi causes illness.

The Cartesian split is responsible for people treating the body as separate from the mind https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind%E2%80%93body_dualism

The mindbody is actually one thing - it is not mind-body as most describe it. When you study dualism, you begin to understand what happened.

The midwives were killed by the Catholic Church for having too much power (with their study of herbs and home remedies). The witch burnings were about power - and the patriarchy won.

Last edited by nobodysbusiness; 09-12-2018 at 06:28 PM..

Old 09-12-2018, 05:27 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
It is still important to clean wounds, though (in humans and other animals).

Old 09-12-2018, 05:37 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Jo, I agree to a big point, as I don't run to doctors. But I know for me anyway, there are issues that I just have to learn to live with like this bodywide advanced OA. It ain't healing itself...

But I keep looking for stuff to make the path lighter for this journey I'm on, and just found a CBD from the UK that looks interesting and affordable..this industry is so new here and so prices are jacked way way UP.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:48 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times
Obviously the body can't always heal itself. If it did, everyone would live to old age in great health.

However, I agree the body always tries its best to heal itself, and most of the time it succeeds. It's hard to know when you need a doctor or not. They can do a lot of harm with their "preventative" drugs and screening, so stay away if you can.

Last winter a callous on my heel split and got infected. Nothing I tried worked and it was not getting better. I googled it of course, so I know these things never heal on their own. So I went to a foot doctor and they fixed it.

And years ago when I got Lyme disease I needed a doctor, at least to get tested and find out what it was.

We needed doctors if we need diagnostic tests, antibiotics, surgery, painkillers, etc. Medical technology has advanced greatly, because technology has advanced. Medical wisdom has gone backwards and is disappearing. But the technology can be useful.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:58 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
I am not one to run to a doctor unless I know something is really wrong. And in some cases giving 'it' time is a really bad idea as in any kind of chest pain, stroke symptom, or anything else that seems wrong. The body will NOT heal itself from a heart attack or stroke. And women especially have to be diligent because our symptoms for heart attacks are often mistaken for something else. Also if your body is doing something it doesn't normally do it could be an indictor for something serious. So while our bodies will heal themselves in some cases, its still smart to go to a doctor when you have concerns.

And I will take my pet to the vet when I think it needs to go. Animals cannot tell us how they are hurting so its up to us to make sure they are taken care of and not have to go through unnecessary pain.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:59 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,360,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It truly amazes me. I will also include even in your old age. You do not need to run to doctors with whatever is bothering you, insurance or not.

I do not consider myself some "superhuman" as some on this site have said, but I do believe in letting nature run it's course. In the past 10 years from the age of 60 on, I have smashed my head on a tree with blood running down my face, to itchy rash on my back. Everything healed on it's own without any medical treatment after a few weeks. How can that possibly be???? Your body knows how to heat itself in the majority of cases. Give it TIME.

Subject for another site, but it also applies to animals. Our girl cat was scratched by her brother. Big black spot by her whiskers. Husband was in a panic. Gotta take her to a Vet. Three weeks later it is all totally healed without any medical intervention.

Let nature take it's course and heal your body.
So why the need for so many supplements if the body can heal itself? I mean some people can't even seem to tolerate a bruise without slapping on some arnica.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:20 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Some things will heal, others may need some sort of medical intervention.

I have a hiatal-hernia, have had it for a long time.......that tear has yet to grow back together and it still causes problems.

Last edited by tickyul; 09-12-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 09-12-2018, 07:26 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Stay on topic with your ideas.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:32 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
A long time ago I went to the dr for something and he said, "You're young; you'll heal fast." I was really surprised that he would say that. I had imagined I'd be getting medicine of some kind. But he explained that youth was truly on my side, that I was resilient and would heal on my own.

He was right. Older people, I'm not so sure, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine