U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 08:43 AM

15,096 posts, read 7,775,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
Yes, of course because I had never heard of it. So did you read what I wrote? Do you have references to controlled laboratory experiments and human trials being conducted? All I found were very preliminary investigations. Did you find anything more?

Regardless of what I just said, it still doesn’t negate the irresponsibility of posting purely anecdotal, uncontrolled heresay as a cure.
Yes, of course I read your post. The research on this still is pretty limited. There’s not a huge body of evidence that it works. It needs a deeper look. That said, it has shown promise in what is known thus far. It wasn’t just a random experiment done on the part of this grandfather. It’s not totally anecdotal hearsay, nor is it a proven cure for all cancer. I don’t see anything wrong with talking about it. That could possibly be the key to getting funding to study the issue further.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 09:04 AM

2,304 posts, read 1,176,358 times
I read some of Joe's story yesterday and thought this excerpt would interest many of you.

His doctors told him that the clinical trial wouldn't save him, but that it might buy him enough time to be around for his grandson's birth.
After he very excitedly told me the continued good news of being "all clear" for a second consecutive quarter, I asked him a "very loaded" question. I asked, "Doc, what is really going on here? Can you disclose to me how I am doing versus all of the other patients on the clinical trial with the exact same condition"?

His answer was what I already suspected. He said, "Joe we can't explain it, but you are kind of a sole data outlier right now" Meaning with hundreds of like kind patients, I was the only one with a cure. I knew then my other alternative regimen was largely responsible, but I decided to come clean anyway.

I said, "Doc, I'm glad you told me that about my results within the trial, because I have something to share with you". I proceeded to tell him all about the canine dewormer as I watched his jaw drop

His next words I'll never forget (and remember for context he and I had become good friends by this time). He said, "you little ****, I knew there was something up with you.....and....I've had some weird days here at MD Anderson, but this one probably tops them all"

His next sentence almost floored me. He said, "You know, we've known for decades that these anthelmintic class of drugs (meaning to destroy parasites in the intestines) could have possible efficacy against cancer, and in fact in the 80's and 90's there was a drug called Levamisole that was used on colon cancer and it is an anthelmintic drug".

I said, "Doc, if you have known for decades why hasn't more work been done on it?" His answer was honest. He said, "probably because of money...all of these drugs are far off-patent and nobody is going to spend a gazillion dollars to repurpose them for cancer.....only to have generic competition the next day."
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/sing...wn-perspective

Old 04-30-2019, 12:01 PM

2,278 posts, read 999,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yes, of course I read your post. The research on this still is pretty limited. There’s not a huge body of evidence that it works. It needs a deeper look. That said, it has shown promise in what is known thus far. It wasn’t just a random experiment done on the part of this grandfather. It’s not totally anecdotal hearsay, nor is it a proven cure for all cancer. I don’t see anything wrong with talking about it. That could possibly be the key to getting funding to study the issue further.
Yes, of course it needs to be looked at more thoroughly and I thought it was clear that I have no objection to that at all. The little bit of evidence they have from lab results is certainly worth pursuing.

It is however almost the definition of anecdotal. It is being reported by a to a journalist of some sort from the word of a lay person who, by omission, lied to his doctors. It wasn’t an experiment, it had no controls and he also used it in the presence of other drugs designed to do the same thing.

From a web dictionary...
”an·ec·do·tal
/ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research:”
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/anecdotal

I have to admit that I’m even suspicious of that part of the story. When one is on a chemotherapy regimen, the medical oncologist is insistent on knowing about anything and everything going into your body. Lying to one’s doctor is a stupid way to receive treatment.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:23 PM

8,372 posts, read 2,450,624 times
I've looked at everything I can find....still looking too....I can't find a single reason why it would not work..at least according to their paper....which BTW I rate excellent...they left no stone unturned...looked at it from every sensible angle

It already works in humans...because it works on parasites in humans
..what they describe, is that it works the same way on cancer cells that it works on parasites

Old 06-30-2019, 10:37 PM

270 posts, read 158,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I

Also Fenbendazole (under the brand names Panacur®, Safe-Guard®) appear to have multiple legal manufacturers so it is available cheap.

Why does everyone here keep saying it's cheap? What is cheap? I cannot find it cheap anywhere. The last place I looked it would be at least $200 or more a month for it. For someone on SS or SSDI that is a lot of money.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:41 PM

8,056 posts, read 3,482,690 times
Didn't read the article . . . he could have been cured by placebo effect, and if so, that is a cure.

People like to downplay placebo effect, but it really is a mindbody way of healing using the mind - and it if works, that is all that matters.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:49 PM

32,506 posts, read 52,909,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
Why does everyone here keep saying it's cheap? What is cheap? I cannot find it cheap anywhere. The last place I looked it would be at least $200 or more a month for it. For someone on SS or SSDI that is a lot of money.
I have cancer. One of the meds I am currently on costs $8,000 per injection. That is NOT cheap.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:54 PM

270 posts, read 158,631 times
Quote:
I have cancer. One of the meds I am currently on costs $8,000 per injection. That is NOT cheap.

Neither is $200 to $400 a month for many people. And that would just be for one of these off-label meds. Your Ins will cover the $8000 as does my Medicare. But Ins wont pay for these off-label drugs.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:03 AM

32,506 posts, read 52,909,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
Neither is $200 to $400 a month for many people. And that would just be for one of these off-label meds. Your Ins will cover the $8000 as does my Medicare. But Ins wont pay for these off-label drugs.
The cancer center I go to, see a lot of medical tourists coming down out of Canada. The cancer center is a non-profit organization so they are required by law to provide treatment regardless of insurance. The cost of treating all those Canadians is spread out over all us US citizens who have insurance. You have Medicare and I have Tricare [provided by the US Navy], my oncologist serves on the board of the cancer center. He has told me about their struggles to help find funding to pay for treatment of all these Canadians.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:50 AM

11,644 posts, read 8,440,515 times
Quote:
The cancer center I go to, see a lot of medical tourists coming down out of Canada. The cancer center is a non-profit organization so they are required by law to provide treatment regardless of insurance. The cost of treating all those Canadians is spread out over all us US citizens who have insurance. You have Medicare and I have Tricare [provided by the US Navy], my oncologist serves on the board of the cancer center. He has told me about their struggles to help find funding to pay for treatment of all these Canadians.
Maybe this is a naive question, but why is it these Canadians aren't required to pay for their own treatment at your cancer center? Especially as they have free healthcare coverage in their own country ( might have to wait a while for it, but hey, socialized medicine is the panacea for all our health care woes, at least according to some) going elsewhere for treatment would be an elective option for those Canadians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine