Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 03:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Just a note that no one wants or needs a clean gut. Our digestive is comprised of pounds of bacteria that is needed in our gastrointestinal tract. If you had a clean system, you would probably die at worst, or horribly sick at best.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 04:19 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just a note that no one wants or needs a clean gut. Our digestive is comprised of pounds of bacteria that is needed in our gastrointestinal tract. If you had a clean system, you would probably die at worst, or horribly sick at best.
Well, I like a good clean out and when backed up and clogged I feel it.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:53 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,065,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Come on, some of us can't totally stay away from allopathic pain meds. I'd love too, but YOU have no clue how others make it thru their days.
I wasn't referring to allopathic meds. I was referring to your allopathic philosophy of treating symptoms instead of treating the causes like allopathic docs do. Why copy their method of throwing stuff at symptoms and ignoring the causes? Rhetorical question. The philosophy is the same whether you are using pharma or natural drugs.

Quote:
I'm tired to work eliminate everything...eggs cause inflammation and I eat a few a week. Should I stop those too? I'm not going to.

The HGH gel has gotten me off 1/2 ibuprofen so to me that is a good one.
Who said that eggs are pro-inflammatory. Eggs are pro-inflammatory if they come from chickens that are fed soy, corn or other unnatural diets. Eggs from pastured free-range chickens eating a natural diet are fine for most people. You are 100% in control of whether or not you want to temporarily eliminate anything, or change anything, in your diet to find out. It makes no difference to me. Just pointing it out.

Changing one's diet to improve health is not about deprivation, by the way. Far from it.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:37 AM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Default Aloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog2 View Post
Does anyone drink Aloe Vera? Is it good for a lot of things? Is it suppose to be refrigerated?

I drank it a few yrs ago for my liver....no it doesn't need refrigeration. Look up old Ayurvedic remedies, it's a

type of medicine thousands of yrs old that works. I don't really care what the so-called skeptics say.....
most are just like the ducks I don't trust...so what !

Old 01-21-2020, 11:44 AM

Default Awful taste

Quote:
It tastes awful and I thought it was suppose to help my throat. I put a little in my smoothie this morning. Does anyone use Aloe Vera Juice for their throat?

See !? no fancy tests to tell you your liver was sick, and that was my first experience with it as well.

IF you kept drinking it, eventually the taste would improve as your liver got healthy.

it's up to you.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:49 AM

Forgive me.....I had forgotten I had posted on here b4, just forgot...my excuse is my stroke....

k

Old 01-21-2020, 12:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Almost every aloe juice brand will require refrigeration after opening.

Even if you pick it fresh from your yard it will need to be refrigerated.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-27-2020, 07:06 AM

1,487 posts, read 781,650 times
Quote:
Does anyone drink Aloe Vera? Is it good for a lot of things? Is it suppose to be refrigerated?
I drink it. Aloe vera juice is the best thing to drink if you have acid reflux. Dollar stores carry a huge bottle for a dollar. Elsewhere, it is more expensive. I was going to a Middle Eastern store which had pomegranate flavored aloe vera juice, and I was paying $7 for 750ml. Grocery stores carry it on their Mexican food shelves, but it is still around $3 there for a much smaller bottle. Aloe vera has so many good benefits. It flushes the kidneys, cleanses the liver, it's absolutely worth drinking regularly.

Old 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM

Default Acid Reflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I drink it. Aloe vera juice is the best thing to drink if you have acid reflux. Dollar stores carry a huge bottle for a dollar. Elsewhere, it is more expensive. I was going to a Middle Eastern store which had pomegranate flavored aloe vera juice, and I was paying $7 for 750ml. Grocery stores carry it on their Mexican food shelves, but it is still around $3 there for a much smaller bottle. Aloe vera has so many good benefits. It flushes the kidneys, cleanses the liver, it's absolutely worth drinking regularly.

I used to get it so often, I carried a small plastic vial of sea-salt to stop it dead on contact, by pouring out just a bit into the palm of my hand then touching the tip of my tongue to it, the reflux just stopped like turning off a switch....my experience, believe it or not...AND I no longer need to carry the salt

Old 01-28-2020, 06:39 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
I buy George's. It tastes like water and doesn't need refrigerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine