Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 06:42 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times

Advertisements

I have always been leery of the flu shot. However, due to the coronavirus I was offered a temporary job confirming dr video visits and providing basic tech support. One of the requirements was to get a flu shot. I sucked it up and grudgingly agreed. I told the woman at the drug store my views. She calmed me down and said "you'll be fine". It has been almost 2 weeks. Am I out of the woods yet? Are there side effects that could still rear their ugly head?

Old 04-05-2020, 11:54 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I have always been leery of the flu shot. However, due to the coronavirus I was offered a temporary job confirming dr video visits and providing basic tech support. One of the requirements was to get a flu shot. I sucked it up and grudgingly agreed. I told the woman at the drug store my views. She calmed me down and said "you'll be fine". It has been almost 2 weeks. Am I out of the woods yet? Are there side effects that could still rear their ugly head?
Consider yourself safe from side effects - and at much lower risk to get a nasty case of flu.

Old 04-06-2020, 03:51 AM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Wow...am sure you were scared!

Side effects are usually within a day or so....can have low fever, feel a bit under the weather , and a sore arm!

I take Tylenol or Motrin for two days ..

Unless you are allergic to eggs....

You are well past the side effects time frame

And you are protected from bad flu

Old 04-06-2020, 04:30 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Quote:
Hopefully you will be okay. The flu shot has some really nasty potential side effects. Look up the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program sometime and look at how many billions have been paid out. They don't like talking about that or how even the CDC's own numbers show the flu shot usually has about a 20%-45% effectiveness at best.

I would recommend looking into a good quality bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and chlorella to help detox.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post

Not really. According to the CDC's own numbers the flu shot has a 20%-45% effectiveness at best.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Wow...am sure you were scared!

Side effects are usually within a day or so....can have low fever, feel a bit under the weather , and a sore arm!

I take Tylenol or Motrin for two days ..

Unless you are allergic to eggs....

You are well past the side effects time frame

However, this flu shot does NOT protect them from Covid-19.

BTW~~ As a veteran of getting Flu shots annually ( HC Provider) for over 40 years, ( became allergic to the preservative ) so had to stop it.

I was only allowed to get a flu shot if the vaccine did not possess the ingredient "Thimerosal "
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/thimerosal.htm

Quote:
Definition of Thimerosal"~
Thimerosal is an ethyl mercury-based preservative used in vials that contain more than one dose of a vaccine (multi-dose vials) to prevent germs, bacteria and/or fungi from contaminating the vaccine.
But one thing I learned, was firstly.. shot's only react locally to the site given ( soreness /redness/discomfort) and not the actual flu. Course that didn't stop people claiming it "Gave them the flu".
Ant-Inflammatories for 48 hours most often cure all ills from shot, and if Local shot site gets reddened .. a cold compress soothes that too!

Fact: If you came down with flu after getting shot only means you already were infected prior to getting the shot, and the shot didn't protect you from getting it as you already had it !

Ohhh Forgot to mention~~ I travelled and did clinics giving flu shot clinics to various companies throughout southern Ontario Canada during the fall and early winters for over a decade. Yes, there was a full screening for everyone who wanted it too!

OP @loose cannon ~~ I'm sorry that the "Anti-vaxer's"~~~ caused you to be so fearful~~ But as you found out~~ It's nothing like you read about.. However, OP~~ This will not protect you from contracting COVID-19..

Old 04-06-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Hopefully you will be okay. The flu shot has some really nasty potential side effects. Look up the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program sometime and look at how many billions have been paid out. They don't like talking about that or how even the CDC's own numbers show the flu shot usually has about a 20%-45% effectiveness at best.

I would recommend looking into a good quality bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and chlorella to help detox.
What the anti-vax folks miss about the compensation fund payouts is that they show how safe vaccines are. There is one payout for about every million doses of vaccines administered.

The vaccine effectiveness varies from year to year and 20% to 45% is not "the best". A vaccine well matched to the circulating strains will be 40% to 60% effective, and the effectiveness varies by flu type and age groups.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

The preliminary report for this year is 45% overall, 50% effective against influenza B/Victoria viruses and 37% effective against influenza A(H1N1)pdm09. It was 55% in children.

https://www.aafp.org/news/health-of-...erimfluve.html

There is no need for the OP to "detox".

Old 04-06-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

There is no need for the OP to "detox".

Your opinion. I disagree.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Oh the irony ....

everyone is shelter in place. social distancing. can't gather together ANYWHERE.

No vaccine needed. /shrug/

Old 04-09-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Oh the irony ....

everyone is shelter in place. social distancing. can't gather together ANYWHERE.

No vaccine needed. /shrug/
Without a vaccine more people will die. /shrug/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine