Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 02:11 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times

Advertisements

I had a cluster of symptoms that concerned my doctor. Sore throat. Cough. (not the usual cough and not allergies) chills. low-grade fever, headache, shortness of breath. sore throat.

I had pleurisy in the winter. I have a number of preexisting conditions that make me vulnerable - Asthma, allergies, recent lung disease, - and, I am over 60. (63)

Honestly, I feel like a sitting duck.

I will get the results Sunday or Monday. I was tested on Tuesday. I am so frightened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 02:16 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I had a cluster of symptoms that concerned my doctor. Sore throat. Cough. (not the usual cough and not allergies) chills. low-grade fever, headache, shortness of breath. sore throat.

I had pleurisy in the winter. I have a number of preexisting conditions that make me vulnerable - Asthma, allergies, recent lung disease, - and, I am over 60. (63)

Honestly, I feel like a sitting duck.

I will get the results Sunday or Monday. I was tested on Tuesday. I am so frightened.
Could just be a cold. I always got one during the change of seasons.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:45 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Hope hope hope I'm not faced with this, but IF, I'd bump up my C, D, Zinc, grape seed ex, not tons more but some, lots of bed rest and SLEEP and ride it out. I had a bad asian flu, and didn't have all this ammunition back then, and rode it out. Maybe vicks on chest, hard to say for sure but this is what I'm thinking.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:06 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Blood plasma with the antibodies is the best course of treatment, but they usually reserve that for the desperately ill. I'd consider drinking Echinacea Tea with Elderberry now, as this strengthens your T-cells, which fight infection.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:21 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,231 times
Research vitamin C and you will see that it is a potent anti-viral. It is required for the production of white blood cells. It has been used successfully against many types of virii, including polio. China has sanctioned high-dose C as a treatment for COVID, and studies are on-going there now.

Along with C (every hour to just below bowel tolerance) I would also be taking zinc.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:40 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Blood plasma with the antibodies is the best course of treatment, but they usually reserve that for the desperately ill. I'd consider drinking Echinacea Tea with Elderberry now, as this strengthens your T-cells, which fight infection.
A family member who had COVID was given the plasma treatment when she was hospitalized. She began recovering shortly after. She is diabetic so we were worried, but all is well now.

Are you going to be tested?

Old 06-05-2020, 10:49 AM

19,016 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Yeah, my wife gave me Echinachea tea too.
Gurgle throat twice a day with baking soda/salt solution.
Otherwise, unless you are in risk zone due to other conditions and age, you'll be fine. Mortality is very low, at 5% it's 1 in 20.. if those numbers are even right as, in Russia, it's 1% and even less in Belarus, that did zero measures.

So yep, up on vitamins, eat healthy and, main, do not freak out.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:51 PM

88,549 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
NO. I put this in the other thread on the same subject. You don't want to bump up your immune system if you think you are having breathing problems and that it might be COVID-19.

YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS WHAT KILLS YOU.

The virus inflames the air sacs, the immune system responds by creating mucus to fight the inflammation, and you drown in your own mucus as it fills the sacs and you can't breathe.

This is exactly why the patients in the hospitals on ventilators are being given immunosuppressant drugs. And why the death rate for the patients on vents has dropped from 85% to 70%.

The doctor on our NJ forum who has been on the front lines with this specifically told people to lay off the Elderberry in particular if they begin to have symptoms.

I know this is the alternative medicine forum, but I wouldn't ignore this because it could be a matter of life or death, even it life means being given actual drugs.

Of course, if you have no symptoms, particularly trouble breathing, there is no reason to stop using elderberry. It's a mix in a tea I use myself almost daily.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post
A family member who had COVID was given the plasma treatment when she was hospitalized. She began recovering shortly after. She is diabetic so we were worried, but all is well now.

Are you going to be tested?
No, not unless I get symptoms.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
NO. I put this in the other thread on the same subject. You don't want to bump up your immune system if you think you are having breathing problems and that it might be COVID-19.

YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS WHAT KILLS YOU.

The virus inflames the air sacs, the immune system responds by creating mucus to fight the inflammation, and you drown in your own mucus as it fills the sacs and you can't breathe.

This is exactly why the patients in the hospitals on ventilators are being given immunosuppressant drugs. And why the death rate for the patients on vents has dropped from 85% to 70%.

The doctor on our NJ forum who has been on the front lines with this specifically told people to lay off the Elderberry in particular if they begin to have symptoms.

I know this is the alternative medicine forum, but I wouldn't ignore this because it could be a matter of life or death, even it life means being given actual drugs.

Of course, if you have no symptoms, particularly trouble breathing, there is no reason to stop using elderberry. It's a mix in a tea I use myself almost daily.
That's interesting and very informative, thank you for sharing this information. That's what this forum is all about.

I really should have added a disclaimer: Strengthen your immune system now, before you get any symptoms, and that is my preferred course of action with drinking Echinacea tea. I certainly won't be touching this stuff if I think I have symptoms after what you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine