Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:22 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times

Advertisements

A couple of mos ago, I started this thread about Himalayan salt lamps:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/alter...al-anyone.html

Well, I plan to make an appt to try a free session at a salt therapy facility where there are entire rooms of cave-like rooms several inches thick made from salt rocks imported from the Himalayan Mtns and Poland. Not only is it a de-stressor, but it's supposed to help a wide range of health issues.

It will be really interesting to see if it will help my mystery respiratory issue. I know it might be hard to tell from one session, but we'll see. My SO will probably join me. I actually won a $100 gift card for this place, so I'll return if I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 11:08 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Sounds interesting and let us know what you think. I've tried so many alternative protocols in my long life and many I have not tried. I didn't start to feel "crappy" after menopause and into my 60's. I'm 79 soon. So many things go haywire.

On your respiratory issue, did I mention the OPC's to you. Can't hurt and could help you. J

I've looked at salt lamps over the years but never bought one.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-11-2017 at 11:23 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 11:23 AM

Will do! I've been in overall great health my whole life, but since I turned 42, don't know what happened here!

What's OPC? I don't know what these acryonyms stand for.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:28 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Will do! I've been in overall great health my whole life, but since I turned 42, don't know what happened here!

What's OPC? I don't know what these acryonyms stand for.
OPC Antioxidant Reference Guide | OPC – Oligomeric Prooanthocyanidin

Down the page there are MANY sub links on OPC's. I've been taking grape seed ex for 22 yrs and have talked about it a lot here on CD.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:40 PM

78 posts, read 57,856 times
I did it. it was alright. I didn't really enjoy being covered by the salt. it gets everywhere. It's such a fine midst-it literally gets everywhere! it will be on your eyelashes and lips.....try not to take a purse in there. it gets everywhere. I won't do it again.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:18 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Good luck Forever Blue

Im sorry it didnt work well for ya beingm

Old 06-03-2017, 03:01 PM

I was supposed to go on May 16th, but had to end up cancelling & still have yet to reschedule. I leave for a little trip in a tad less than 3 wks & start a new job in mid-July, so I honestly don't know when I'll go now. I could try to go BEFORE I leave for my trip.

Thanks Dude111.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingm View Post
I did it. it was alright. I didn't really enjoy being covered by the salt. it gets everywhere. It's such a fine midst-it literally gets everywhere! it will be on your eyelashes and lips.....try not to take a purse in there. it gets everywhere. I won't do it again.
Oh really? Sorry to hear that. The last thing I want is some feeling of dust/powdery stuff all over me! But, I'll still give it a whirl. Hopefully my facility won't feel like that. It's a FREE 25-min session & if I don't like it, I'll walk out before that.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:45 PM

Default Update!!!

OK guys, some of you wanted an update. Above was my original thread. So I finally went to the salt cave place this morning for a complimentary visit. My mom went with me. So we relaxed in this room in which all 4 walls from ceiling to floor were made of Himalayan salt. I don't feel any differently and I doubt 1 little visit will have any effect. Maybe if I went 2-3x/wk for a month, I might be able to tell a difference. We were told the effect will remain in our bodies for the next 48 hrs & to drink a lot of water. A 50-min visit is normally $49.

I can just gradually purchase a salt lamp and scatter them around the room(s) of my house that I'm in the most and it would be about the same. I already had a small lamp in my living room that I leave on all day, but I turn it off at night before bed. It's said to leave it on 24/7 and it doesn't burn that much electricity. Some people have several or so lamps in their home.

My mom felt OK at the time, but she's noticed a rise in her blood pressure.(She takes blood pressure meds.) Before we started, she asked the employee if it raises blood pressure in which the lady said NO. Well, of course, they'll say everything positive about it.

So, I don't know. it seems to one of those things in which you might not see or feel an obvious difference, but if you know it's beneficial, then that's up to each individual. My mom and I had won a $100 GC for the place, so I'd go again just to use it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingm View Post
It wasn't like that at all for me. You can choose to be in a room in which you can take your shoes off OR not. I chose not to. Nothing felt gritty/sandy/sticky, etc. or was "dusty" at all.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:59 PM

It's now October 2020.

I never went back to that salt therapy facility again yet & I haven't kept my salt lamp on in a LONG time because I could never tell any difference...probably too small in the living room to make any impact.

I see they sell these Himalayan Salt Inhaler for a good price. If I even tried one & saw that it helped, then I'd buy a couple more & put them around my place.

https://www.planttherapy.com/himalay...n+Salt+Inhaler

Anyone try this or something similar & if so, what have you noticed?

Old 10-10-2020, 01:52 PM

233 posts, read 155,441 times
Default Salt therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
A couple of mos ago, I started this thread about Himalayan salt lamps:

//www.city-data.com/forum/alternative-medicine/2731909-himalayan-salt-crystal-anyone.html

Well, I plan to make an appt to try a free session at a salt therapy facility where there are entire rooms of cave-like rooms several inches thick made from salt rocks imported from the Himalayan Mtns and Poland. Not only is it a de-stressor, but it's supposed to help a wide range of health issues.

It will be really interesting to see if it will help my mystery respiratory issue. I know it might be hard to tell from one session, but we'll see. My SO will probably join me. I actually won a $100 gift card for this place, so I'll return if I like it.

Dunno about the lamps, I'd just rather put it on my food, and do cuz Himalayan Pink tastes awesome.
I put it on beans from taco bell, no sauce, no cheese

I don't know how table salt, used to preserve fish and things like that, ever got used regularly at the dinner table as it is quite harsh. I suppose they never did a side by side taste test.....

It's all I'll ever use....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine