Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 03:04 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayinit View Post
I've heard that warm water is good when you're sick. This person swears by it. I wish I liked water.
There must be a thousand ways to change the flavor of water!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 09:57 AM

1,462 posts, read 972,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayinit View Post
I've heard that warm water is good when you're sick. This person swears by it. I wish I liked water.
I'm one of the lucky ones, I enjoy drinking water and usually consume 125-150 ounces/day. More when I run a lot.

Funny you mention drinking warm when sick. I've been sick with a cold and congestion recently and have been drinking hot/warm water. It seems to help with bringing up phlegm and good on a sore throat.

Old 01-24-2021, 12:41 PM

125 posts, read 76,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
I've been sick with a cold and congestion recently and have been drinking hot/warm water. It seems to help with bringing up phlegm
Thank you for saying this because lately I have been having the exact same problem. I'm going to have to warm up some fruit punch I make with water and do what you do. Feel better.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:27 PM

7 posts, read 5,969 times
Warm water is definitely preferable over cold when trying to digest or just relax. Sometimes I may make a warm ginger tea with basic ginger powder, warm water, maybe throw some cinnamon in there or even honey and lemon! Ginger is awesome for digestion and yes, highly recommend consuming this as a warmer beverage.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM

17 posts, read 10,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny
Yea, this sounds like a great idea, it never hurts to drink more water, but most people don't think of drinking warm water.
Sometimes I drink as hot water as I can,I feel it does help with many things.....

Cold waster is good but warm is better. Look at how warm/hot water cleans stuff better. I guess the same goes inside also

Old 06-23-2021, 11:49 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,143 times
Every morning after I wake up and before eating breakfast, I drink 2-3 cups of warm water with apple cider vinegar. It wakes me up helps my stomach during the day. I don't get the stomach problems I had before I started doing this on a daily basis.

After sleeping 6-9 hours, your body is dehydrated upon waking up.

Old 06-23-2021, 02:21 PM

9,124 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeg View Post
Wow that sounds good (Adding apple cider to it) I might try that but usually I just drink down water to as hot as I can take it.....
It's apple cider Vinegar - not apple cider (which is sugary).

Old 06-23-2021, 07:00 PM

3,690 posts, read 2,411,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Chinese people have been drinking warm/hot water for quite a long time. It's supposed to help with the digestive system. Not sure if there are other benefits, but most Chinese households that I know have a hot water dispenser of some sort to drink warn/hot water.

I tend to drink room temperature water, but do like cold water after a run on a hot day in summer. OP, besides drinking warm/hot water, you may want to just drink more water in general throughout the day.
From what I've read room temperature is healthy and cold water is hard on the liver....according to one health practitioner I followed.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:04 PM

36 posts, read 11,515 times
Warm water has more benefits than we might realise

Drinking it certainly doesnt hurt oneself.. It might not be as pleasing but its better for your system.......

Old 06-29-2021, 06:08 AM

1,380 posts, read 724,060 times
I never drink cold water, always room temp. If I have a bout of reflux, drinking warm to hot water really helps to get rid of it.

Although, I do enjoy ice coffee in the summer only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine