Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 07:39 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,327,218 times

Advertisements

I have a long list of problems that are finally being taken care of. I went to an herbalist, actually he is very famous, has written books, and his books or book is used in college. I called him on the phone because I have hashimotos thyroidism`, eye probems, and asthma. I was overweight. I have a long list of problems. Anyway, his name is Dr. Alan Tillotson, and you can find him on his website.

The first thing he did was put me on a low carb diet for 3 weeks only. Then he had me take some things for my eyes (I have dry eye macular degeneration). Then he told me to take raw coconut oil and a standard process brand of thyroid stuff that is natural and not by prescription. He has me on Stromium for my bones since I have osteoporosis, as well as some other bone stuff. The list is long and it can be expensive. $200 a month for me at this time, and that includes his office call and the herbs, but I was spending probably as much at a health food store on vitamins, etc. Much of the stuff that he recommended I get at the health food store.

I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel better. My thyroid is functioning a lot better. I have been on his diet for maybe two months or more. And I thought I could never lose weight or fix my thyroid problem without going on Amour or is that Armour?

I don't seem to have the same breathing problem, and he explained that it had been caused by my acid reflux, which I know longer have unless I stray from my diet. He says that it hasn't cured my asthma entirely, as it would take longer, but I can tell the difference because I no longer huff and puff when I vaccum or mop the floor.

My eye problems will take longer, and I am not certain that it can cure my macular but he has seen great improvements inn others that have used his herbs.

I am off sugar, which is a plus for me. I use stevia, but then I don't seem to desire sugar like before so I seldom use the stevia. I now eat a little amount of bread and/or rice cakes but not often with the bread products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,563,767 times
Amazing that a herbalist can do what doctors can not. It only proves that God did make what we needed when he created the earth and all our problems are of our own making.
To many doctors just treat symptoms rather than find out the cause and fix the real problem.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,155,304 times
jessaka, that sounds fantastic! I'm glad that you are seeing someone who is actually taking your seriously and is helping you, without expensive meds, that might be causing problems in the long run. Good for you. Keep us updated on your progress. I'll check out his website.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:11 AM

172 posts, read 768,321 times
It sounds like you are doing well. My friend swears by her herbalist. I know she had several health issues that have greatly improved because of this person. Maybe this is something I should check out...

Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,327,218 times
I would have never thought to check out an herbalist. I was going to a chiropractor that said that i should call this man who lives in another State. And so I did and then told him what the doctors said that was wrong with me. I also have a family doctor, and it was nice to hear him tell me to go to the health food store to get something for my thyroid problem that is like Armour. They don't have something like it, but chiropractors and the herbalist does, and they use the same Standard Process product.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM

324 posts, read 880,620 times
That is wonderful that you've made all that progress! Have you ever heard of Healia Communities? I'm a member and I think it is a great site- people exchange information like you are doing on here and it is really helpful. I read on a blog about their points system to promote high quality information sharing. I encourage you to share your information since you have finally found something that works that other people might not consider.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,623,536 times
I'm glad you said something, I talk like this to friends all the time and half of them think I'm nuts LOL But if you really look at this, think about tribes out in the Amazon, nothing further from modern medicine, they rely solely on herbs, plants, nature essentially for all their illnesses and these people live, they thrive, I mean doesn't that just show that those things work?? I'm of the mind that you should not take medicine, that you need to completely detox your body and start fresh with all natural foods, herbs etc.. I'm slowly working my way there. I began juicing, use herbal supplements and feel great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine