Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 08:33 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,472,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just want to make sure I have the tools to protect my loved ones in case. We all know how ineffective our healthcare system are. We send cancer people to die with an expensive death called chemo. When there are better treatments available all because we entrusted our healthcare system without question. Doctors cannot give people accurate and humane treatments in fear of losing their license if they prescribe unconventional and unsanctioned medical treatments.

American greed over people's lives.
What makes you think that chemo is used instead of some other "better" treatment. That's just plain ridiculous and indicative of weak thinking.

I didn't have chemo for my cancer, just surgery and proton therapy. Proton therapy is expensive because it requires a bunch of machinery, but it has fewer side effects for head and neck tumors than conventional radiation.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:44 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,577,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Doctors and scientists have been viewing the safety profile and looking at this (and other drugs) since the beginning of the pandemic. I hope you watched the video. Over the last month or so doctors and scientists have been begging the NIH and the WHO to simply review the evidence. They have different protocols for prophylaxis, early outpatient, inpatient, etc. The prophylaxis protocols for low risk individuals consist of vitamins and don’t even include this drug.

It could be used as a bridge or with the vaccine or without the vaccine. It’s another tool in the toolbox to save lives.

There is a lot of evidence at is point in time that this works and is safe. There is no excuse to not move forward with it considering we are in the middle of a pandemic. None at all.
Without large placebo-controlled trials, it can only be reviewed as a treatment, there is no ability of FDA/CDC to greenlight it for prophylactic use.

I have no objection to trying to get it authorized in the same manner as Remdesivir or the antibody treatments as another treatment option. Expectations have to be realistic, though.

If Congress will allocate more research funding, then work can begin on using the drug to block transmission. But this will take a while.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:27 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Without large placebo-controlled trials, it can only be reviewed as a treatment, there is no ability of FDA/CDC to greenlight it for prophylactic use.

I have no objection to trying to get it authorized in the same manner as Remdesivir or the antibody treatments as another treatment option. Expectations have to be realistic, though.

If Congress will allocate more research funding, then work can begin on using the drug to block transmission. But this will take a while.
From Dr. Kory at the Senate hearing

Special treatment for Remdesivir?
Quote:
Kory said that the amount of evidence the FLCCC Alliance has amassed and compiled into a manuscript far exceeds the level required for a compassionate use authorization as defined by the FDA.
“That happened for Remdesivir, a drug with far less supportive evidence and much, much higher cost,” continued Dr. Kory. “Why can’t it happen for Ivermectin given this level of evidence? How many more trials have to be done when our manuscript details results from over 20 studies— with over ten of them randomized controlled trials? We are in a pandemic, we are at war, stop pretending this is peacetime where we are conducting business as usual. The NIH must rapidly review the data and make a recommendation.”
Better to let 77,000 die in December than try out an already approved drug that others have already beta tested for us? Ivermectin 85% effective (46 studies, 18 peer reviewed).

Call me crazy, I would be calling up some doctors who actually care and getting a prescription..

No doubt the NIH thinks were all crazy fools for taking vitamin D, C, zinc, and melatonin as well. Wheres the proof?!

Old 01-07-2021, 07:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
I’m confused as to why this is in the alternative medicine forum. This is a prescription medicine that has been around for a very long time. It has a long safety record and has a lot of evidence showing that it works for covid.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m confused as to why this is in the alternative medicine forum. This is a prescription medicine that has been around for a very long time. It has a long safety record and has a lot of evidence showing that it works for covid.
Yes, stop the madness, heaven forbid we start saving peoples lives prematurely, need that 100% proof.

People might call us names or something if it doesnt work.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Yes, stop the madness, heaven forbid we start saving peoples lives prematurely, need that 100% proof.

People might call us names or something if it doesnt work.
It almost feels like we’re in a dream. Trying to tell people about something very important, something that will save lives but they can’t hear us. I’m so frustrated.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Kory is in the same group as the female doctor in this video. They own the youtube channel. You people are just repeating yourselves to create the appearance that there's a lot of supporting information for this use. There isn't.

There is a real risk from overusing antibiotics and weakening the immune system by destroying the gut flora in addition to only killing off only the weak bacteria. Notice ivermectin targets the parasites in the intestinal tract.

You're repeating yourselves because there's a lack of evidence. It's a mean of magnifying misinformation.

It's generally not recommended to take antibacterials repeatedly to try to prevent infections as it's likely that a stronger bacteria will emerge from the mistreatment.

Last edited by lchoro; 01-07-2021 at 08:56 AM..

Old 01-07-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Kory is in the same group as the female doctor in this video. They own the youtube channel. You people are just repeating yourselves to create the appearance that there's a lot of supporting information for this use. There isn't.

There is a real risk from overusing antibiotics and weakening the immune system by destroying the gut flora in addition to only killing off only the weak bacteria.

It’s not an antibiotic. Please read the scientific evidence.
https://ivmmeta.com/
https://osf.io/wx3zn/

We’re repeating ourselves because we did look at the evidence and believe that during a pandemic that has killed well over 300,000 people, we should be using a medicine with a long safety record in addition to quite a bit of evidence showing that it works, today. Not waiting for more studies that may never come. We don’t ave time for that and we don’ need to do tat due tot eh long safety record. Do people really want to save lives? if so, let’s move forward. There’s no valid reason not to.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:20 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,398,512 times
Quote:
Just do a "scholarly article" search on google. There are new studies, or responses to studies, coming out every single day. What do they all have in common? They originate in countries other than the United States. But that doesn't make them any less accurate. I posted one yesterday from India that was penned five days ago, showing an 80% reduction in mortality when compared against placebo and also against hydroxychloroquine.

This isn't about just repeating ourselves to try to turn fiction into reality. There is a concerted effort in the US to provide emergency use authorization to new, expensive drugs with unknown long-term effects while thumbing our noses at safe, effective treatments that already exist.

Quote:
There is a real risk from overusing antibiotics and weakening the immune system by destroying the gut flora in addition to only killing off only the weak bacteria.
Umm what? This is an antimicrobial and antiviral drug given to people to reduce death and serious illness. Dead people don't care about their gut flora. And I doubt that someone with lung damage from Covid will say "well, at least my gut flora is intact".

Old 01-07-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Real world evidence

Other articles by various groups/individuals asking us to come to our senses...

So I have a child with a swallowing/speach issue. There is a very small study on Bethanechol for the off label use of this condition done by the official Gastro academy(thankfully, only reason the doctor agreed to try it).

It only worked for 50% of the people in this singular study(not like the 46, 18 peer reviewed on IVM), BUT the academy recommended trying it because the side effects were minor and IT MIGHT WORK! On top of that, were not even talking about saving some ones life...How avant-garde of them ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine