Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 11:03 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience with it?

A nutritionist told my daughter in law to try taking Juven, which is meant to help wound healing. She doesn’t have a wound, but is a bit run down and skinny from hauling around two babies and still nursing one. Her friend says they give it to everyone post surgery where she works.

Anyway, my husband is healing from hip surgery, so will try using it too.

It gets very good reviews online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 07:11 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
There's nothing in it that will do anything, that chewing a TUMs, eating meat, and enjoying a grapefruit as a snack every day won't do.

Other than help your wallet lose weight.

Old 04-08-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
There's nothing in it that will do anything, that chewing a TUMs, eating meat, and enjoying a grapefruit as a snack every day won't do.

Other than help your wallet lose weight.
On what do you base this?

Old 04-08-2022, 02:07 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
Sorry I have no experience with it gentle, but from all I've read about it, it is clinically proven. As long as you/she can afford it, why not give it a try? It couldn't hurt. I've read the ingredients panel and it sounds as though it would definitely do some good.

Old 04-08-2022, 02:35 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
On what do you base this?
I read the ingredients.

Old 04-09-2022, 10:00 AM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Sorry I have no experience with it gentle, but from all I've read about it, it is clinically proven. As long as you/she can afford it, why not give it a try? It couldn't hurt. I've read the ingredients panel and it sounds as though it would definitely do some good.

Everything you put in your body has the potential to harm your body.

There are interactions with other medications and foods.

Consult your pharmacist or physician before taking or changing any medications or medical food supplements.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:39 AM

Ok, so it might kill me, or it might help me, or it might do nothing, except make me poorer. Right.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:04 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
It's a nutritional supplement for people with low nutrition stores to help support healing after a surgery or trauma, or muscle wasting due to aids or cancer. It's to be used in addition to a complete, balanced diet. If you don't have low nutrition stores, you don't need it. If your doctor writes a prescription for it, your insurance might cover part or all of it. It's from the company that makes Ensure.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:57 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Does anyone have experience with it?

A nutritionist told my daughter in law to try taking Juven, which is meant to help wound healing. She doesn’t have a wound, but is a bit run down and skinny from hauling around two babies and still nursing one. Her friend says they give it to everyone post surgery where she works.

Anyway, my husband is healing from hip surgery, so will try using it too.

It gets very good reviews online.
My wife has had two major surgeries for cancer, and I had surgery on my tongue for cancer. A family friend works for Abbott Labs and sent cases of Juven and Ensure after all three surgeries. My wife didn't care for the products so I drank most of them. I had no problem with any of them especially when after my tongue surgery, I couldn't eat sold food.

Whether the ingredients of Juven actually help with would healing is difficult to prove. Looking at the ingredients, Juven has collagen and several amino acids such as arginine and glutamine, and a supplement called HMB, which is intended to promote wound healing and provide nutritional support for people with muscle wasting due to cancer, etc.

My bottom line is it is too expensive for the benefit. Amazon is quoting $121.36 for a box of 30 packets. You could buy separate supplements of collagen, HMB, protein powder, and a multivitamin for much less than that.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
My wife has had two major surgeries for cancer, and I had surgery on my tongue for cancer. A family friend works for Abbott Labs and sent cases of Juven and Ensure after all three surgeries. My wife didn't care for the products so I drank most of them. I had no problem with any of them especially when after my tongue surgery, I couldn't eat sold food.

Whether the ingredients of Juven actually help with would healing is difficult to prove. Looking at the ingredients, Juven has collagen and several amino acids such as arginine and glutamine, and a supplement called HMB, which is intended to promote wound healing and provide nutritional support for people with muscle wasting due to cancer, etc.

My bottom line is it is too expensive for the benefit. Amazon is quoting $121.36 for a box of 30 packets. You could buy separate supplements of collagen, HMB, protein powder, and a multivitamin for much less than that.
Thank you for that information. It doesn’t really sound like hubby needs it at this point. At least not for $200 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine