Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:24 AM

9 posts, read 70,516 times

Advertisements

MonaVie is more expensive than other acai juices at HEB because it actually contains ACAI! Have you ever tried the stuff from HEB? It's completely watered down...hardly contains any of the acai berry. MonaVie is really a great supplement...has more antioxidants than wheat grass juice! (What the hell is wheat grass juice anyway? lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 11:51 PM

2 posts, read 9,270 times
Floridian ... I agree with Hattrick! Juicing is AWESOME if you have the time and desire. I love to drink the juice, but it is easier for me to take capsules as I fly out the door.

My family and I have taken Juice Plus for 4 years and it has made a HUGE difference in our lives! My 13 year old daughter's allergies cleared up; my husband felt his teeth were getting stronger (JP+ has clinical studies) and me, I remain breast cancer free!

I tracked down a lady at a health fair and wanted to get on Juice Plus instead of Tamoxifen (life long prescription after breast cancer surgery). It's the broccoli that offers the punch! This wonderful product is whole food! I recommend it to anyone.

I've studied this company because it is what I do. We eat more raw foods as well which break down in the body synergistically and offers more healing properties.

There are a lot of excellent products in this marketplace. For me, I LOVE this product and will be on it to stay healthy and CANCER FREE! Here's to health!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,980 times
Default Juicing vs Juice Plus

Good for you for doing what you are doing in the first place. I have never juiced and I heard it is a lot of work. For those of you who do not know, Juice Plus is a complement to your diet, it is not a supplement or substitution for eating fruits and vegetables. It is whole food nutrition and they have the research, they are the only company that can prove what is in those capsuls really does what it says. The research is what gave me the reason to take it. It is a good thing. Check out the website and look at the research. Whole food, raw fruits and vegetables are the way to go. Most people don't or won't so this is a great complement to your diet.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 10,795 times
Good for you ambishop for your statement above. I'm new to this forum and I have been reading some of the negative statements made about Juice Plus. I have been taking it for about a year and a half now and it has definitely improved my health. It was sad to see so many negative remarks about JP on some of the other forums. People will always find something negative about everything. But with Juice Plus there is medical research to back up their claims. I became a distributor because my family and I have been taking it for over a year now and none of us have been sick for that period of time. It is great to hear some positive remarks for a change.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:58 AM

228 posts, read 740,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by health4you View Post
Good for you ambishop for your statement above. I'm new to this forum and I have been reading some of the negative statements made about Juice Plus. I have been taking it for about a year and a half now and it has definitely improved my health. It was sad to see so many negative remarks about JP on some of the other forums. People will always find something negative about everything. But with Juice Plus there is medical research to back up their claims. I became a distributor because my family and I have been taking it for over a year now and none of us have been sick for that period of time. It is great to hear some positive remarks for a change.

The consenses is that both juice and juice plus are very good for you. I think the only negative is that companies like JP and Monovie are that they are MLM and many people have had negative experiences with MLM companies being more about the money and having downline verses the products. I am a distributor and feel that NSA has structured this product to be competively marketed against other alternatives. I do like the fact that NSA strives on quality and benefits first verses then opportunity.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
I can't imagine that ANY processed product could match up with making your own juice. Processed products lose most of their Prana by the time they reach the customer. Fresh juice is teeming with Prana! You can't get it in a pill or a bottle.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 AM

228 posts, read 740,310 times
New Age what is Prana?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
Prana is vital life energy. Google it to learn more about it.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
This has been a great thread for me personally, I started getting really into juicing about 3 mths ago, am down about 22 lbs and feel great IN fact, when I STOPPED juicing, I started feeling tired and run down. Need to get going again and am just now hearing about these "juice plus" tabs so I'm really interested in researching them!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
Now that we are on the topic of juicing. When I first started I got the juiceman II. Bought it from Target for about $50. It's been good but I hate all of the parts that come off for cleaning - that is the kicker for me. I think I'd continue juicing a lot more if I had a better juicer - anyone have any suggestions? I realize I need to spend more money on this thing - but if I'm doing that I might as well get some good suggestions!
Also, I love bananas but in my juicer I just don't get much of a result - same with berries - they just turn to mash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine