Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:09 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Mabry View Post
Tell the guy that no longer has type2 diabetes! He had it for 12 years! Gone!!!!
An imaginary testimonial 2nd hand no less......great comeback

Moderator cut: Let's keep it civil in here. Respect even if you don't agree

Last edited by in_newengland; 04-06-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,200 times
I see the Jackboots are out again as soon as someone strays off mainstream. It's beyond me why this title 'Alternative Medicine' still exists here when every time someone is interested in discussing something outside of mainstream the Jackboots get dusted off and stomp all over them instead of minding their own business and leaving others to communicate with each other.

And don't say it's in the best interest of the individual, that's just insulting to the individual, it matters not to the mainstream believer what the alternative believer thinks or does?

How about taking some control Mediators and help keep alternative medicine for those who wish to discuss alternative medicine??? Freedom of speech I believe it's called, without being bludgeoned every time someone opens their mouth. If you don't want people to have the freedom to discuss whatever they wish outside of mainstream among themselves ~ then simply remove the option!! Mainstream and numerous other topics have their place here, so why can't the Alternative have a place? If you don't believe in it, then don't click on it!!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:05 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
I see the Jackboots are out again as soon as someone strays off mainstream. It's beyond me why this title 'Alternative Medicine' still exists here when every time someone is interested in discussing something outside of mainstream the Jackboots get dusted off and stomp all over them instead of minding their own business and leaving others to communicate with each other.

And don't say it's in the best interest of the individual, that's just insulting to the individual, it matters not to the mainstream believer what the alternative believer thinks or does?

How about taking some control Mediators and help keep alternative medicine for those who wish to discuss alternative medicine??? Freedom of speech I believe it's called, without being bludgeoned every time someone opens their mouth. If you don't want people to have the freedom to discuss whatever they wish outside of mainstream among themselves ~ then simply remove the option!! Mainstream and numerous other topics have their place here, so why can't the Alternative have a place? If you don't believe in it, then don't click on it!!
If the alternatives you believe in are so valuable, please feel free to provide objective evidence that they work. If the alternatives have definitively been shown not to work, as has "alkaline water", please be prepared to be challenged. All of us have the same right to post here. You are free to believe what you wish. Try to convince others if you can. Readers here deserve to read about what are patently scams.

All you want to know about water scams:

"Ionized" and alkaline water: snake oil on tap

Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,200 times
Jawall mein Hier! And NO, clearly all of us DON'T have the same right, although I prefer to call it *freedom*. Replies such as yours is a case in point which clearly has no relevance to the point I'm trying to make. Alternative followers may not be the slightest bit interested in what mainstream or mainstream supporters have to say, and if there are no ~ 'studies?' ~ who cares? They do their own research in their own way and simply wish to discuss things among other like minded people in the hope that those same people will either support or offer some intelligent input into a particular alternative of a negative nature or opinion ~~ based on THEIR own experience ~ of that particular alternative without getting battered about the head with all the mainstream supporters who also clearly do not have a clue about it, other than what they find by punching the keys on a keyboard searching for anything that bashes the alternative supporter, experimenter, or user.

Those who have an interest in other modalities are not interested in *studies?* blah blah etc etc or what you or anyone else may have to say about them. Leave them alone to discuss whatever they wish to discuss without your or anyone else's input.

They want the same freedom to pursue and discuss whatever they wish to pursue and discuss for better or worse without getting shot down for it, it's that simple, and CD should start assisting in that regard rather than have an individual such as myself stepping forward constantly fighting for that freedom on here. The only people I'm trying to convince is the CD heirarchy to allow alternative followers the freedom to discuss whatever their hearts desire as intelligent fellow human beings without getting bashed, ridiculed and insulted for doing so.

Your or anyone else may have an opinion based on your fingers doing the walking on a keyboard pumping out and regurgitating the same old propaganda published by the mainstream establishment...or some other 'expert?', but some of us aren't interested in hearing it!

To reiterate, nobody is interested in what mainstream supporters have to say about whatever topic one wishes to discuss of an alternative nature, or *tries* to discuss, and I will continue to fight for their rights until someone starts listening and gives them the freedom to do so which they are entitled to!

Old 04-07-2013, 07:24 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
You have no rights on this forum. It is a privately-owned forum and you have only the privilege to post at the whim and will of the moderators, who represent the admin, who represents the owner. Freedom of speech and expression are not guaranteed on private forums. Your constitutional rights do not apply here.

On topic: Brilliant essay, SuzieQ. I didn't understand a bunch of it, but my "high school chemistry" understanding did kick in during much of the explanations. Mixing alkaline with acid = uh - "What is neutral," for 500 Johnny! And water being unconductive, but the metals present within it (thus rendering it "not pure water") is conductive..I totally got that.

Not to mention the whole stomach acid stuff. I mean really - maybe the scam artists are confusing "gastric acid" with "acid indigestion." But as the essay points out, a little sodium bicarb can fix that up quick as a wink. No need to buy hundreds of dollars worth of machinery *even if it did what it said it could do, which it doesn't*, when you can get the same results from a $3.00 package over the counter in any drugstore in the country.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Moderator cut: Okay, this is getting off topic. It is not about rights. This thread is close to getting closed.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Why can't you just mix a little baking soda into your water?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Why can't you just mix a little baking soda into your water?

I do this and it has helped a lot of different things...not a cure-all, but it helps.

It definitely helps keep my gout in check!

Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

I do this and it has helped a lot of different things...not a cure-all, but it helps.

It definitely helps keep my gout in check!
I've heard it's a good antacid but there are a lot of folks who think they need an antacid, when in fact what they need is more acid.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,988,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've heard it's a good antacid but there are a lot of folks who think they need an antacid, when in fact what they need is more acid.
Or a change of diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine