Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Disgusting as it MAY SEEM TO BE, I keep an open mind to ALL types of healing from around the world.

A friend just bought a used book and one for her sister. My friend lives with 18+ yrs of CFS/Malaise and her sister now 2 yrs of RA. People get desperate and if their mind is open, WHO KNOWS.

::URINE THERAPY::

There are many testimonies attached here too.

I heard about UT many many years ago, not new to me.

This is the book my gf bought for she and her sister. I'm so tired of buying more books.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...7920583&sr=8-1

Old 07-07-2016, 04:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Thank you for the entry my friend

Old 07-07-2016, 04:39 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Testimonies are less than useless....the incidence of "paid"testimonials is much higher than most wish to believe

Any one can write a book....doesn't make what's between the covers useful or truthful....

There is NO scientific evidence to support urine therapy as in zero.....

It is disgusting, probably not harmful but certainly of no known benefit to mankind...

Old 07-07-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Testimonies are less than useless....the incidence of "paid"testimonials is much higher than most wish to believe

Any one can write a book....doesn't make what's between the covers useful or truthful....

There is NO scientific evidence to support urine therapy as in zero.....

It is disgusting, probably not harmful but certainly of no known benefit to mankind...

We know how you feel, and I'm so sure all the Indian people were paid big for their testimonies. Speaking of testimonies, I do them often on the supps and other products I use and I've never gotten a penny for my reviews...my reviews hope others make a decision if the product might be for them to try.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-07-2016 at 06:25 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 08:16 PM

This is interesting. I sent the comments here to my friend and she is the one forever "seeking" help for her health issues and her sisters and friends and so she does a LOT of research.

Here is what she said:

((– this is why it would be good to read the book. Urine actually is not human waste, not like poop. It’s sterile and there have been tons of studies on it and its components. Some of the people making comments on your board in don’t know what they’re talking about. And I didn’t either, until I read more about it. One person on your board does mention that it helped with arthritis.

It’s fascinating actually. Do you remember Dr. Burzynski? The doctor in Texas who is working with peptides for cancer treatment and had a big battle with I think the FDA and maybe the AMA? And he is getting results? Well, he first got the peptides he works with from urine.

You can put it on your skin, I’ve started doing that, on my face. You leave it on for 10 minutes or so and then wash it off. The books says it’s better than any moisturizer because it does something to the skin which enables it to hold more water. If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients on a skin cream, often you will see “urea” – well, they use synthetic urea but the real thing is in, urine! And it leaves my skin very soft.

It can help clear up many infections on the skin, and again, help with all kinds of illnesses.

I just sent the info to you because after Therese read the book, she was sold on it, and she was very skeptical before. Maybe I’ll get cured! (oh well, maybe it’ll just be good for my skin – so far it is! ))))

Those who don't care to read this info, please don't. I find it very interesting.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:22 PM

What is Urea?

What is Urea? (with pictures)

Old 07-07-2016, 09:00 PM

983 posts, read 1,054,686 times
FYI: testimonials about products are interesting, but really useless. Because, you see, we (doctors/researchers, the general public) do not know anything about you and your health. We don't know if you were taking another substance (medication, herbs, food, some other treatment). We don't even know if you *had* the condition being treated. Also, the placebo effect isn't considered as a possibility in your testimony. Your experience is not scientifically validated, so while it's interesting, it doesn't contribute valuable information scientifically.

Blind studies *are* valuable; double blind studies are even more valuable, especially when done in a research setting where all variables are controlled.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbythecat View Post
FYI: testimonials about products are interesting, but really useless. Because, you see, we (doctors/researchers, the general public) do not know anything about you and your health. We don't know if you were taking another substance (medication, herbs, food, some other treatment). We don't even know if you *had* the condition being treated. Also, the placebo effect isn't considered as a possibility in your testimony. Your experience is not scientifically validated, so while it's interesting, it doesn't contribute valuable information scientifically.

Blind studies *are* valuable; double blind studies are even more valuable, especially when done in a research setting where all variables are controlled.

I don't think they are useless, gives me an idea how a product is endorsed by others. And I know we are all different but I still think they can be a good indicator to help, they give me some guidance. If the review is negative, makes me think more about "it" for me.

When I read that a product helps with a person's arthritis, I listen up more. We all choose and decide how we pick what to "try". Since I don't choose pharma drugs, I'm forever shopping to deal with OA/joints.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
It can help clear up many infections on the skin, and again, help with all kinds of illnesses.

I just sent the info to you because after Therese read the book, she was sold on it, and she was very skeptical before. Maybe I’ll get cured! (oh well, maybe it’ll just be good for my skin – so far it is! ))))

Those who don't care to read this info, please don't. I find it very interesting.
Thank you....I do find it interesting...... NATURAL THINGS ARE OFTEN MUCH BETTER!!

Old 07-08-2016, 04:50 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is interesting. I sent the comments here to my friend and she is the one forever "seeking" help for her health issues and her sisters and friends and so she does a LOT of research.

Here is what she said:

((– this is why it would be good to read the book. Urine actually is not human waste, not like poop. It’s sterile and there have been tons of studies on it and its components. Some of the people making comments on your board in don’t know what they’re talking about. And I didn’t either, until I read more about it. One person on your board does mention that it helped with arthritis.

It’s fascinating actually. Do you remember Dr. Burzynski? The doctor in Texas who is working with peptides for cancer treatment and had a big battle with I think the FDA and maybe the AMA? And he is getting results? Well, he first got the peptides he works with from urine.

You can put it on your skin, I’ve started doing that, on my face. You leave it on for 10 minutes or so and then wash it off. The books says it’s better than any moisturizer because it does something to the skin which enables it to hold more water. If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients on a skin cream, often you will see “urea” – well, they use synthetic urea but the real thing is in, urine! And it leaves my skin very soft.

Your "friend" if she actually exists clearly doesn't know what she is talking about....

There haven't been "tons of studies on urine therapy"..... there is actually NO research to prove it does anything..

Urine IS human waste....and it has no magical properties for healing of any sort

Invoking Burzynski's name doesn't help your case.

Yet the National Cancer Institute says there is no evidence that Burzynski has cured a single patient, or even helped one live longer. He has not backed up his claims by publishing results from a randomized, controlled trial — considered the gold standard of medical evidence — in a respected, peer-reviewed journal.
Doctor accused of selling false hope to families
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine