Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times

Advertisements

I tried it once for a few days, the drink is actually really tastey, the problem was it was very messy!! That said, I don't think I would do it again.

Currenly I am cleansing using a system called Nutri-clean that you eat fruits/veggies and very little protein. I am on day 4, and can't wait for it to be over. Supposedly after it is over you feel very energetic. Right now, I am very tired, and not alot of energy!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:58 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,190,373 times
My bosses daughter is doing this and is having excellent results (the master cleanse). I would like to try it but the thought of not eating for TEN DAYS is kind of scary. They are raving about it though....

Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
This is the diet where you drink lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. My friend did it for three days with no ill effect. I hear a person can really lose a lot of weight on this. It's also supposed to get rid of toxins. Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with this? I start today but am a bit leery. Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't use maple syrup, I would use Agava instead. Agava has a very low hypoglycemic effect and it is also more alkaline then maple syrup. Lemon is very alkaline. I have done this as a cleaning but didn't do it long enough to lose weight. I did feel really good during and after. Well, by the third day I felt good.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Actually cold water increases your metabolism, your body increases the metabolism to heat up your body after you drink cold water. Just like your body does durring winter and when cold.
HOLY CRAP!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!! Don't tell me we actually agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Forget these stupid gimmicks. You know what you have to do to lose weight so just do it. Eat right, exercise...simple as that
Yah, except some people's bodies are SOOOOO out of balance they need a cleansing diet and even colonics before diet and exercise will work. Otherwise, they are going to get discouraged and they'll be back to burgers and fries.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
HOLY CRAP!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!! Don't tell me we actually agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, is going to happen from time to time.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,612,132 times
Master cleanse has been around for decades. Everyone tried it before prom. Sure it works,temporarily, cuz you starve yourself. But the SECOND you start eating again, you gain wt.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
First of all you do not starve yourself. People read the book and THEN you can comment on it.

If you are eating a hotdog, you are not ready for the master cleanse for weight loss or detox.
You have to improve your diet FIRST before taking on a thing like this. Also you should go to the doctors for a full check up to see if you have any health problems before starting this.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
First of all you do not starve yourself. People read the book and THEN you can comment on it.

If you are eating a hotdog, you are not ready for the master cleanse for weight loss or detox.
You have to improve your diet FIRST before taking on a thing like this. Also you should go to the doctors for a full check up to see if you have any health problems before starting this.
Good point! I just came off a raw food diet so maybe this would be a good time to start a cleanse. Raw food diet is difficult but I'll tell you, you really feel how much work the body goes through to digest once you start eating cooked food again. I had grilled chicken for the first time in a month and as good as it tasted, I could honestly feel it sitting in my stomach all day long!

What I really liked about eating raw is how your teeth always feel clean! I floss and you can see there is no plaque on your teeth. I bet it is the same way for your insides as well.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:19 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
My bosses daughter is doing this and is having excellent results (the master cleanse). I would like to try it but the thought of not eating for TEN DAYS is kind of scary. They are raving about it though....
THIS IS ONLY MEANT TO BE A CLEANSE. A VERY SILLY ONE AT THAT! Cleanses are NOT mean to be used long term. So what are you going to do after the ten days? Is the person supposed to go on the same way they were before?

These diets are unhealthy and do nothing for long term weight loss let alone health. These diets actually make you gain more weight in the long run after your body's metabolism gets all screwed up!

Bad diet. Bad idea. Exercise and eat healthy. I am really small anyhow but I've got a bit of a leftover belly gut. When I want/need to loose a couple of inches fast I cut out ALL salt and drink tons of water and LOWER NOT ELIMINATE my carb intake. Along with that I do jumping jacks 100 at a time 10x a day and some crunches a few times a day as well for about a week. I usually loose about 2-3lbs and some inches. Definitely enough to fit into my "skinny jeans."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine