Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,551 times

Advertisements

I use Bragg's ACV and using it with Echinacea/Goldenseal tablets to stave off sinus infections Sept. thru May. Works for me. Has kept me from full blown flu and sinus infections I used to get. Can definitely feel the difference when I don't use it, even without the Echinacea or Goldenseal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 09:01 AM

7 posts, read 6,237 times
I don't see how those herbs would have worked beyond strengthening the immune system. Also, I believe you have to give them a rest after 7-10 days.

Raw apple cider vinegar does so many things in the body. It helps with HCL issues. I would just eschew dead flesh but for those who still eat it, some people don't have enough HCL and that helps. It detoxifies the body, as well. I am sure it must be a solvent of sorts.

Another thing to try is fresh lemon juice in distilled or purified water. First thing in the morning and you alkalinize the body, encourage elimination, and break down mucus.

Eden makes a great raw vinegar that runs a dollar cheaper than Braggs. I love making salad dressing with extra virgin olive oil, Braggs liquid aminos and raw vinegar. I just drizzle a bit of eat on top of my salad. Easy-peasy

Old 09-26-2013, 08:27 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkstp Tina View Post
I was having some trouble with blocked sinuses and read online in a few places that apple cider vinegar might help. I had 4 tsps. of Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar and later that day was feeling much better. Since then I have been drinking some of this vinegar in my water every day. It could be that feeling better and the vinegar were related, but maybe not. Is there anyone that uses this product on a regular basis that feels it improves their health? According to the manufacturer of this product, apple cider vinegar is supposed to be "cleansing, healing and energizing."
It appears your thread may have hit a momentary speed bump, lets see what we can do to get you some not too distant replies from a few months ago (concerning apple cider vinegar).

//www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...-vineager.html

Old 09-28-2013, 04:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Good luck! Oh you, might try rinsing your sinuses. You can google it ... Neti pots are popular, but I just mix up some mild warm salt water, pour in my palm, use the other hand to hold one nostril close and gently snort it up, then switch & back & forth a few times. ( it kinda runs back out your mouth/nose) Sounds gross but it really helps!
Hopefully you're using distilled or sterile water.
FDA article: Is Rinsing Your Sinuses Safe?

Old 09-29-2013, 07:30 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,218,598 times
what is hcl?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Old 09-29-2013, 09:05 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
what is hcl?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
Hydrochloric acid - what's in your stomach.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:27 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Hydrochloric acid - what's in your stomach.
It's part of what gastric acid is made of and it's also something that is used in industry. Not apple cider vinegar.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:09 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
I'm wondering if ACV would be helpful or harmful if someone has Barrett's esophagus ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine