Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:10 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,378,839 times

Advertisements

I was reading about the Trion: Z which I've seen some athletes wear and wonder if they really do work or if anyone has gotten definate results. They indicate that the human body is exposed to alot of positive ions from electrical eqpt.(cell phones, electrical wiring) and the bracelets countera this with minus ions properties. They say these bracelets can revitalize your body. Is there a reason why it seems to be more popular with golfers than other athletes? I can see how cell phones might give off electrial field, especially with the debate that it can cause brain cancer (and I would be dead meat if this is true since I bought first cell phone in '86) probably is related to the 'positive ions' given off. www.trionz.com .

Last edited by ZnGuy; 06-22-2009 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 11,432 times
First off, I think brain cancer is a bit of an extreme concern. And, after reading this I think it important to point out that not all traditional "western" remedies work on everyone, yet we are so inclined to think of Western Medicine and right and everything else suspect we don't question it. Not to say Western Medicine isn't really effective. But, why is it that when ionic bracelets don't work on everyone they are quackery? Consider this- if you think it will work- why not try it? it has to be less risky than putting drugs in your system or risking surgery if it does work think of all the benefit. Anyway, I do rant on this topic of ionic bracelets a bit more on my web site...

Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,531,736 times
Well, they say laughter is the best medicine and I bet the folks selling these are laughing all the way to the bank and are very healthy as a result.............

Old 06-03-2010, 06:58 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,295,273 times
I used some about 10 years ago, and they did not seem to affect anything.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:00 PM

848 posts, read 1,949,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I was reading about the Trion: Z which I've seen some athletes wear and wonder if they really do work or if anyone has gotten definate results. They indicate that the human body is exposed to alot of positive ions from electrical eqpt.(cell phones, electrical wiring) and the bracelets countera this with minus ions properties. They say these bracelets can revitalize your body. Is there a reason why it seems to be more popular with golfers than other athletes? I can see how cell phones might give off electrial field, especially with the debate that it can cause brain cancer (and I would be dead meat if this is true since I bought first cell phone in '86) probably is related to the 'positive ions' given off. www.trionz.com .

Do those ionic bracelets work? No.

wonder if they really do work or if anyone has gotten definate (sic) results.

No. There is no such thing as a definite result without a measurable before/after result of some symptom or marker of the disorder you are trying to treat.

Is there a reason why it seems to be more popular with golfers than other athletes?

Yes, they're being paid to advertise them.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,366 times
They do work and since purchasing mine I've been able to convince virtually 90% of everyone I've demonstrated it too (Friends and family). Rough ten out of thirteen. Much to my pleasure the people whom I tried showing it to but were not convinced were conveniently the most cynical and self assured people I know.

The placebo effect is happening but its happening to the people who don't believe.

Although it should be brought up that there have been plenty of rip off brands that were not legitimately manufactured and unfortunately convinced some of the better of us that their effect was a farce.

This is the truth, there are test you can do immediately when you first try it on. Balance on one foot with it on or test your stretchability and even be harder to knock off balanced. There is an instant on/off effect and for me it was easy to measure. These test are what convinced me and the majority of my friends.

Don't let your cynicism run your life, it won't take you anywhere, this is a great product just make sure to try the authentic one.

Last edited by Jayclassic88; 07-31-2012 at 01:13 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 03:39 PM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times
Someone let me borrow a Phiten necklace and (surprisingly) it works pretty well.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,201,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayclassic88 View Post
They do work and since purchasing mine I've been able to convince virtually 90% of everyone I've demonstrated it too (Friends and family). Rough ten out of thirteen. Much to my pleasure the people whom I tried showing it to but were not convinced were conveniently the most cynical and self assured people I know.

The placebo effect is happening but its happening to the people who don't believe.

Although it should be brought up that there have been plenty of rip off brands that were not legitimately manufactured and unfortunately convinced some of the better of us that their effect was a farce.

This is the truth, there are test you can do immediately when you first try it on. Balance on one foot with it on or test your stretchability and even be harder to knock off balanced. There is an instant on/off effect and for me it was easy to measure. These test are what convinced me and the majority of my friends.

Don't let your cynicism run your life, it won't take you anywhere, this is a great product just make sure to try the authentic one.
Phiten type necklaces/bracelets are useless jewelry.....

There is NO science to back the ridiculous claims made by the manufacturers, any "improvements" seen are the the definition of a placebo effect...nothing more....

Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,495,149 times
I have to agree on this one, I don't believe they do anything. May work for those selling them, but that's about all in my opinion.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:19 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,437,588 times
Never worked for me, returned to Costco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine