Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 09:36 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,310,607 times

Advertisements

The Brazilians I have met have been pretty tall. Even some of the women.

One thing I noticed from watching Brazilian media is they seem to be fond of midgets. I have seen several things online about Brazilian midgets, Midget Vale Tudo fighing, midget shows on tv and online etc etc. I know there is also a manufacturer that makes cars for midgets in brazil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 08:18 PM

16,633 posts, read 29,310,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
The following link to wikipedia includes a chart with the average height by country (for males and females).

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The average height for BRAZIL:
Males: 5 ft. and 7 inches
Females: 5 ft. and 2.5 inches.
The data is from a survey in 08-09 (ages 18 yrs up).

By comparison, for the United States:
Males: 5 ft. and 9.5 inches;
Females: 5 ft. and 4 inches.
The data is from 2003 - 2006 (ages 20 yrs up).

Note: There is another Brazilian number on the chart for just 20 to 24 yr olds which pushes the Brazilian average to 5 ft. 8 inches (M) and 5 ft. 3.5 inches (F). Still less than the US average.

I thought Brazilians were at least as tall (or taller) than the average U.S. resident???

I know there is an indigenous population in Brazil but there has been so much immigration over the years and so much mixing I figured that the average would be higher.

There are parts of Brazil that have heights like the U.S.
But, many parts of Brazil have people that are definitely shorter on average when compared to the U.S.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:18 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,521 posts, read 2,231,285 times
The averages are completely off base. The northern staes where more indigenous are located there may be some shorter statured individuals. But from my experience living here they are about on par with the US.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:52 AM

9,797 posts, read 14,643,341 times
One time I went to a mass in Spanish in Connecticut, USA. Most of the assistants of the mass at that hour were mostly from El Salvador and Guatemala. When the mass started and everyone had to get up, holy cow I felt like a giant. I was about halfway in the church and I don't remember ever having such a clear view of the priest and the altar from that area.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
We don't like midgets.
Why?

Old 04-06-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
One time I went to a mass in Spanish in Connecticut, USA. Most of the assistants of the mass at that hour were mostly from El Salvador and Guatemala. When the mass started and everyone had to get up, holy cow I felt like a giant. I was about halfway in the church and I don't remember ever having such a clear view of the priest and the altar from that area.
LOL Yes some Guatemalans are very short. Myself included.

Old 04-06-2021, 01:07 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,137,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
Not sure about height...but sexiness they are the tops...no one beats them.
I would agree. I've done my share of world traveling. Been to Brazil three times on vacation. Brazilians are the sexiest on the planet, hands down.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:07 PM

4,848 posts, read 3,266,389 times
There are tall brazilian women, Amanda Sanchez 30s in-house fit model for Chanel she is
5' 9.5" tall see her in a youtube video about collection being made.

Found this article has some pictures of her.

https://www.vogue.com/article/amanda...anel-fit-model

measurements at https://models.com/models/amanda-sanchez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas