Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brazil vs. Colombia? Which would you prefer spending time in?
Brazil 41 51.90%
Colombia 38 48.10%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,255 times

Advertisements

Why do we have to choose between the two? Why can't we get to know both? I wanna continue to know both and travel to both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
I would really like to visit Both. These two countries plus Peru are on the top of my list of places to visit.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 AM

254 posts, read 318,692 times
Both. I can't wait to visit both! I think it'll be next summer when I get down to one or both of them.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Hell, I wanna travel to virtually every damn place!!! Lol

Old 01-10-2014, 01:32 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'd rather visit Colombia. Brazil, for me, seems vastly overrated. I don't think Brazil, outside of Brasilia, Sao Paolo, and Rio, is as liberal and open as Americans make it out to be. I just don't see that at all. It's like Europeans thinking the US is party central and have only spent time in New York, Miami Beach, or L.A. Crime wise I might get away with being safe on account of that every Latin American friend I' ve had says I look like a light-medium tanned Mexican plus not speaking a single word of Portuguese puts me in a vulnerable position. I only know ola, não, sim and ladrão
Not true at all.

Floripa, poa, curtiba, etc are very progressive and open minded.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:48 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'd rather visit Colombia. Brazil, for me, seems vastly overrated. I don't think Brazil, outside of Brasilia, Sao Paolo, and Rio, is as liberal and open as Americans make it out to be. I just don't see that at all. It's like Europeans thinking the US is party central and have only spent time in New York, Miami Beach, or L.A. Crime wise I might get away with being safe on account of that every Latin American friend I' ve had says I look like a light-medium tanned Mexican plus not speaking a single word of Portuguese puts me in a vulnerable position. I only know ola, não, sim and ladrão
What about an African American with a dark brown chocolate complexion?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:58 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Exchange View Post
Voted Colombia because Im travelling to Bogota in December
How was it?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Colombia would be the obvious choice for me ;
- pretty violent but not worse than Brazil (south of Brazil excepted)
- I speak Spanish, not Portuguese
- I don't like Brazilian music (too "soft"), I do like Colombian music very much
- for all its gigantic size, Brazil seems to have a less varied countryside than Colombia, which is an Andean, an Amazonian a Pacific and a Caribbean country
- I don't like the fact that in Brazil there is nowadays no political alternative to the Left, doesn't seem very democratic to me, all the more because nonetheless it's one of the countries with the most unequality between rich and poor in Latin America
- Brazilian food ? blah....feijoada is not that great to my tastes (beans beans and more beans)
- Most of the country let's face it (Amazonas, Mato Grosso, Sertao), is a flat, stifling hot plateau...

Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
I love Colombia, it is one of my favorite countries in the world, even though it is the only country I was ever robbed in and there were a couple of towns I definitely felt uncomfortable in -- Mompos and La Plata. (No, wait, I was robbed in India, too. And Zambia, but that was just small change from my hotel room.) Brazil is pretty nice too, but I'm voting for Colombia.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
I want to get to know both. I've already been to Colombia several times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas