Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 PM

31 posts, read 118,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
True Guatemalan food is highly underrated. In Central America, Anyone who really knows will agree that Guatemalan food is by far the best, and I think its due to the variety in climates that allows them to grow more variety of vegtables compared to other Central American countries. I know most people will disagree but my opinion is that Guatemalan cuisine rivals that of Oaxaca Mexico.

El Salvador has Pususas.I love Pupusas but their cuisine over all is not that big. They have great street food though.
I really enjoyed Guatemalan food, it is very good
my favorite soup is Tapado I can eat that in the winter time, it goes well

I agree, El Salvador doesn't have enough variety, the only thing I can think of is their Pususas which are somewhat similar to mexican Gorditas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 05:26 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,275 times
Hands down Brazil is the best. Mexico and Peru are very good too. Argentina has good meat, but it doesnt have anything that Brazil doesnt have.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,395 times
maybe it's what you can put on it to accept your palate. Latin can be great anywhere with that, huh?

Guess i'm at a very accepting point in my life at this point.

Take care!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:34 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin'toasquarestate View Post
maybe it's what you can put on it to accept your palate. Latin can be great anywhere with that, huh?

Guess i'm at a very accepting point in my life at this point.

Take care!
lol wtf?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,395 times
Spice it up if you don't like the plate you've got in front of you, understand?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,855 times
Costa Rican food is delicious. Give me some rice beans, chicken, plantains all day everyday.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 AM

758 posts, read 2,240,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Hands down Brazil is the best. Mexico and Peru are very good too. Argentina has good meat, but it doesnt have anything that Brazil doesnt have.
Sounds like you've never been to Argentina, lol

Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM

210 posts, read 565,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Costa Rican food is delicious. Give me some rice beans, chicken, plantains all day everyday.
That's not unique only to Costa Rica. That's more pan-Latin American food. But plantains are more DR/PR/Cuban if anything. As for the rice, beans, and chicken, they eat that anywhere.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:17 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times
I've eaten Colombian, Dominican, Salvadorean, Costa Rican, and Mexican food, the last two in their respective countries. I would definitely say Mexican is the richest and most varied cuisine among them. It's amazing how a single country can produce such a variety of foods, generally good, ranging from delicious seafood near the coasts that is far better than anything you can get (from a restaurant) in the US to traditional Mayan BBQ to hamburgers that are actually made of ham to pozole and esquite. Proof of the richness of the cuisine is found in its availability almost anywhere on earth, from esquite stands in Tehran to popular restaurants in Australia.

Costa Rican food is generally filling, although a bit bland. However, I had the best arroz con pollo (chicken and rice) I've ever had from a vendor at the Mask Parade. Colombian food I had on a night out with my aunt and uncle in Minneapolis. I ordered bandeja paisa and was amazed at the portion size. Salvadorean food I've had on two occasions and the pupusas are definitely good. Dominican I had once in NYC.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam4444 View Post
That's not unique only to Costa Rica. That's more pan-Latin American food. But plantains are more DR/PR/Cuban if anything. As for the rice, beans, and chicken, they eat that anywhere.
True that is pan latin food but I wouldn't say its More DR/PR AND Cuban....Central Americans eat Platanos just as much as the islands do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas