Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times

Advertisements

I have travelled outside the U.S. midwest both in the Americas as well as Europe and as one poster (at least) has already mentioned, the U.S. statistically does lead the way in obesity. But I have seen it in many other countries as well but not at the level of the U.S.

I think the opinion depends on ones experiences and travels as well as which website one has googled for the answer to this burning topic. Otherwise, it is merely a matter of opinion and individual preferences.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

While the expression that there are beautiful women in every single country is most definitely a true statement, there are some countries that are better than others. Here’s a list of the 8 countries with the highest density of gorgeous females.

The 7 Countries with the Most Beautiful Women

Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM

491 posts, read 1,651,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kiss1 View Post
I think it's their amerindian heritage that they ALL have. All brazilians seem to be mixed but not everyone is mixed with african. Remember, the natives were there first.

brazil demographics:
The rest of the population can be considered a single "Brazilian" ethnic group, with highly varied racial types and backgrounds, but without clear ethnic sub-divisions. By "skin colour", or "race", the 2008 PNAD gives 48.43% White, 43.80% Multirracial, 6.84% Black, 0.58% Asian, 0.28% Amerindian, 0.07% undeclared.[63]
SK1,
Are you saying that the big booty as well was a trait from the Amerindian people of Brazil? Can you provide proof of that How do we know that it's not an African trait?
Although, the youtube vid that I posted seems to be of mostly Amerindian descent
It's no wonder the conquistadors wanted to burn their ships and never want to come back to the mother country, lol!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:26 PM

13 posts, read 45,113 times
Well i have been to New York and to be honest i found that place full of beautiful and attractive looking girls. well when it comes to brazil the girls there have nice curvy looking slim body but not good looking face . But this is just my opinion guys

Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM

111 posts, read 339,583 times
Then you've never met my history professor. She's the most plain-looking woman you'd ever see. And she's only 34, but she looks older. Born and raised in Brazil, just like most of the class.

Brazilian telenovelas are notorious for their potrayal of people as unrealistically attractive. This is why people think that Brazilians must all look like Gisele Bundchen or Adriana Lima. It's even worse than American TV, since our media is not always up-to-date on American life. And also keep in mind that Latin American actors and actresses LOVE plastic surgery - probably more than the American ones. But Brazil isn't as bad as, say, Venezuela or Argentina in regards to that.

A lot of it has to do with Brazil's culture being considered Western. Our standards of beauty are very Westernized because of our long domination by Portugal in the past.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninoleo View Post
Then you've never met my history professor. She's the most plain-looking woman you'd ever see. And she's only 34, but she looks older. Born and raised in Brazil, just like most of the class.

Brazilian telenovelas are notorious for their potrayal of people as unrealistically attractive. This is why people think that Brazilians must all look like Gisele Bundchen or Adriana Lima. It's even worse than American TV, since our media is not always up-to-date on American life. And also keep in mind that Latin American actors and actresses LOVE plastic surgery - probably more than the American ones. But Brazil isn't as bad as, say, Venezuela or Argentina in regards to that.

A lot of it has to do with Brazil's culture being considered Western. Our standards of beauty are very Westernized because of our long domination by Portugal in the past.
Well Brazilians to me are prettier than Portuguese although of course not all are Portuguese descendants there are also Italian descendants.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
SK1,
Are you saying that the big booty as well was a trait from the Amerindian people of Brazil? Can you provide proof of that How do we know that it's not an African trait?
Although, the youtube vid that I posted seems to be of mostly Amerindian descent
It's no wonder the conquistadors wanted to burn their ships and never want to come back to the mother country, lol!
Yes, I have seen big booties natives from the amazon regions and in the Peruvian amazon aswell. Just watch music videos from the Iquitos region of Peru and youll see what im talking about.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM

2 posts, read 7,152 times
I've been in Brazil for 15 years and I can tell you Brazil doesn't have more beautiful women than other countries. It's simply not true. I think those who have that impression say so because it's easier in Brazil to pick up good-looking women and Brazilian TV is full of beautiful women.

Brazil is still poor compared to richer countries. More good-looking women sell their bodies for money. So you find incredibly gorgeous girls in night clubs. Even non-professional women are easier because Brazilians are outgoing and they just love sex. For tourists, it may seem there are more good looking women in Brazil. The fact is the country has tons of ugly women, too.

I've lived in Asia, Europe, Africa and Brazil. I've traveled a lot. Personally I think it's Argentina (especially Buenos Aires) that has the highest percentage of beautiful women in the world. Brazil doesn't even come close.

One more thing. Brazilians in general are poorly educated. Beautiful women with nothing in their head can look even more attractive. Since they are simple-minded, they smile more and know how to shake their butt.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:06 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londrina View Post
I've been in Brazil for 15 years and I can tell you Brazil doesn't have more beautiful women than other countries. It's simply not true. I think those who have that impression say so because it's easier in Brazil to pick up good-looking women and Brazilian TV is full of beautiful women.

Brazil is still poor compared to richer countries. More good-looking women sell their bodies for money. So you find incredibly gorgeous girls in night clubs. Even non-professional women are easier because Brazilians are outgoing and they just love sex. For tourists, it may seem there are more good looking women in Brazil. The fact is the country has tons of ugly women, too.

I've lived in Asia, Europe, Africa and Brazil. I've traveled a lot. Personally I think it's Argentina (especially Buenos Aires) that has the highest percentage of beautiful women in the world. Brazil doesn't even come close.

One more thing. Brazilians in general are poorly educated. Beautiful women with nothing in their head can look even more attractive. Since they are simple-minded, they smile more and know how to shake their butt.

I've never been to Brazil although I'm something of a Brazilophile. I've read a number of books on the nation. Not that I'm a scholar on the subject of Brazil in any way. I've just read more books on Brazil than say... Russia or Portland here in the United States.

And judging from photos of Brazilians and video cameras touring through Brazil, there is a lot of truth in what you say. Not all Brazilian women look like goddesses.

Brazil as a country of beautiful women and people gets a lot of it's reputation from the beach culture of Rio de Janeiro. Kind of like one might associated New York City with the United States.

But Rio de Janeiro--while having its obese and unshapely people--does have a string "body culture." Consequently, it's fair to expect to see a lot of attractive looking people walking around the beaches of Rio or throughout the city.

Argentina is largely white. So, I'm not sure if that is suggestive of the preferred phenotypes you have in making your judgment in this thread. I tend to be more attracted to the Afro-European (perhaps some Amerinidian added) mix one finds in Colombia, Brazil, and Puerto Rico.

As unPC as it may be, I think certain ethnicities and/or nationalities can have a greater proportion of attractive people than other ethnic groups and/or nationalities. Inuit women probably aren't usually all that attractive to most men outside their ethnic group.

Also, while there is a lot of truth in your point about the educational problems in Brazil, I think you may stretch the image of Brazilian women being "dumb" a bit too far. I was surprised to find out about 50% or over 50% of the dentists in Brazil are women. In the United States I think women only make up around 10% or 14% of the dentists. And Brazil has a woman President. Basically, while there still exists obstacle in Brazil for women you will nonetheless find women in Brazil in a lot of prestigious professions like law.

And attractive women prostitute themselves in the United States too. There are also plenty of them dancing in strip clubs. In cities like Las Vegas they strip in clubs for foreign men that are tourists of the city all the time.

From what I've read, a typical young woman from the upper-class in Brazil usually speaks and reads in 2 or 3 languages. You can't say the same for the typical American woman raised in the upper-class.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
From what I've read, a typical young woman from the upper-class in Brazil usually speaks and reads in 2 or 3 languages. You can't say the same for the typical American woman raised in the upper-class.
Really? How many upper, or upper-middle class American women do you know?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? How many upper, or upper-middle class American women do you know?
I would exclude middle-class women.

The Brazilian upper-class is a lot more aristocratic in culture than the American upper-class. Upward mobility was a lot less heard of in Brazil for most it's history until relatively recently. The aristocratic culture of it's elites comes with some paternalistic qualities and assumptions about being "cultured" which has traditionally connoted European "high culture." The languages other than Brazilian-Portuguese they speak usually are European. However, reportedly, the college class for Chinese culture and Chinese languages are packed in Brazilian universities. China and Brazil have increasing economic ties. The Chinese have expanded their economic interest not only into Brazil but throughout Latin America pretty aggressively. All the while the United States was fighting wars Iraq and Afghanistan.

I know very few upper-class American women. I also don't know most of the 300 plus million citizens of the United States. Nonetheless, I have enough cultural experience in the U.S. to assert (with reason) that very few young women raised in the upper-classes of the United States speak another language than English.

This difference is not a matter of imagination. Wealthy American professionals that have done business in Latin America have made note of some of these differences.

I really don't want to get into this thing of "I know a lottery winner" therefore most people that gamble make lots of money kind of thing, or "I know an American that speaks two languages," therefore most Americans speak two languages.

I could state UW-Milwaukee does not have that great a retention rate for black students, and someone would object, "But I know a black person that entered UW-Milwaukee as a freshmen and graduated from there!"

Yes, black people graduate from UW-Milwaukee and there are upper-class American women that speak two or more languages. Is that what you want to hear? It's true. It does not necessarily invalidate my previous assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas