Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 01:33 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,799,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
The USA took over Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines after winning the Spanish-American war in 1898. They gave the Philippines its independence rather quickly, while they tried to make Cuba and Puerto Rico nothing short than American colonies. Cuba got away, but Puerto Rico is still within the US grip.
What exactly do you consider Amerindian? Any indigenous people in North America? Including all tribes that resided in Canada and the U.S. from Eskimos to Cape Horn? Are you aware that the various people in North America look very different? Many are big in stature and look Mediterranean, not resembling that of any people from the Orient. Mayan, Aztec, Inca's also look different from many American tribes.

The Philippines was a colony of the U.S. from 1898 till 1946. I wouldn't consider 48 years a short time, but after WWII it was considered safe for the Philippines to acquire independence. The U.S. also acquired Guam. Cuba was never a colony, but the U.S. kept control of Guantanamo which the U.S. pays for. Puerto Rico is not in any kind of "grip" from the U.S. as you put it, Puerto Rico can have independence, but its people are fully aware of all the benefits of remaining under the U.S.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,579,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Miss Indonesia 2013. Tall, slender with angular face. I suspect both Miss China and Miss Indonesia have had eye lid surgery.

Miss China 2013

Miss China 2013
Yes. Those are the two I was referring to. Miss Philippines falls within a "type" found in that nation.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:37 PM

125 posts, read 206,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
What exactly do you consider Amerindian? Any indigenous people in North America? Including all tribes that resided in Canada and the U.S. from Eskimos to Cape Horn? Are you aware that the various people in North America look very different? Many are big in stature and look Mediterranean, not resembling that of any people from the Orient. Mayan, Aztec, Inca's also look different from many American tribes.
Genetically All Indigenous people from the American continent can trace their roots to Polynesia as well as Southeast Asia. That has been confirmed and analyzed over and over for decades now.

As far as some indigenous having some Mediterranean genes is possible, however 99.999% of the evidence shows the indigenous Americans came across the Pacific and the Bering strait not across the Atlantic.

DNA study links indigenous Brazilians to Polynesians
DNA shows Native Americans actually came from Siberia

Last edited by diet1; 11-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-23-2013, 12:16 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,130,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Yes. Those are the two I was referring to. Miss Philippines falls within a "type" found in that nation.

Margarita Moran, Miss Universe 1973

Guadalupe Sanchez, Our Philippine representative for Miss Universe 1974

I don't think all our representative falls within those nation. If we do then Filipina beauty will not be recognized, I guess Filipina look had different distinct look sometimes different from both although there are times you'll see the similarities as well.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:17 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,492,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Margarita Moran, Miss Universe 1973

Guadalupe Sanchez, Our Philippine representative for Miss Universe 1974

I don't think all our representative falls within those nation. If we do then Filipina beauty will not be recognized, I guess Filipina look had different distinct look sometimes different from both although there are times you'll see the similarities as well.

Moran is a good Irish surname . I wonder if this Miss Phillipines had some Irish ancestry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moran_(surname)

Last edited by Bernie20; 11-23-2013 at 01:36 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 02:09 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,130,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Moran is a good Irish surname . I wonder if this Miss Phillipines had some Irish ancestry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moran_(surname)
That I don't know. hmm maybe, we don't have census studies about ancestral or DNA test to check.

Last edited by pinai; 11-23-2013 at 02:39 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 03:54 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,871,121 times
I've wondered this myself. Latinas are beautiful, but Europeans certainly just as much so...

Old 11-23-2013, 04:15 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,109,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I've wondered this myself. Latinas are beautiful, but Europeans certainly just as much so...
For me, Latinas are prettier than Europeans. I have seen loads of Europeans having lived in Europe for 10 years, although I didn't really get to see girls from Czech Republic or Hungary who are considered to be very good looking.
Latinas look more interesting because of the many mixtures they have ( I am a fan of mixed breed or mestizos and I think mixed breed or mestizos look more interesting than pure ones ) and like you don't get tired of looking at them. There's really something about them, their looks, the way they smile and bite their lips, the way they carry their hair with loose curls..,,so feminine...they just carry themselves very well.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:13 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,871,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
For me, Latinas are prettier than Europeans. I have seen loads of Europeans having lived in Europe for 10 years, although I didn't really get to see girls from Czech Republic or Hungary who are considered to be very good looking.
Latinas look more interesting because of the many mixtures they have ( I am a fan of mixed breed or mestizos and I think mixed breed or mestizos look more interesting than pure ones ) and like you don't get tired of looking at them. There's really something about them, their looks, the way they smile and bite their lips, the way they carry their hair with loose curls..,,so feminine...they just carry themselves very well.
Hmmm, that's true, Latinas can be very beautiful, but remember models only represent the top few percent. I'd say for me Eastern Europe has the highest percentage of attractive women, followed by southern Europeans.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:29 AM

10 posts, read 20,096 times
Default I agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Hmmm, that's true, Latinas can be very beautiful, but remember models only represent the top few percent. I'd say for me Eastern Europe has the highest percentage of attractive women, followed by southern Europeans.

Yes! I have been to Eastern Europe and their women are beautiful! They have variety and I never got tired of looking at them. Latinas are nice looking but after a while, they start looking like clones. They look the same to me and I get tired, even their models start looking the same after a while so definitely think Europeans are better looking because they have more variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas