Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:04 PM

10,110 posts, read 14,985,985 times

Advertisements

Here is an interesting article based on a poll done in the US where a significant percentage, even among AA's, claim that African Americans are more racist than whites and Hispanics.

First read the article and then give your opinion. Also, do you think this is evident in City-Data or not? Are many of the race threads here started by AA's? Are most of the race threads about African descended people? Do you think this obsession evident in City-Data is a sympton of something much deeper in US society? Is it evidence of what is claimed in the article?

More Americans feel that black people are more racist than whites and Hispanics. study finds | Mail Online

Old 11-09-2013, 02:33 PM

284 posts, read 641,653 times
no, arabs & white hispanics are neck and neck

Old 11-09-2013, 02:38 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
well, the AA's on city-data are racist, they seem obsessed with Hispanics.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:48 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,325,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Here is an interesting article based on a poll done in the US where a significant percentage, even among AA's, claim that African Americans are more racist than whites and Hispanics.

First read the article and then give your opinion. Also, do you think this is evident in City-Data or not? Are many of the race threads here started by AA's? Are most of the race threads about African descended people? Do you think this obsession evident in City-Data is a sympton of something much deeper in US society? Is it evidence of what is claimed in the article?

More Americans feel that black people are more racist than whites and Hispanics. study finds | Mail Online
I think it goes in all directions from all groups of people and everyone is guilty of perpetrating racism towards another group or the other and vice versa.

In addition, keep in mind that NOT all "black" identified people are African Americans (AAs) or of AA descent.

Everyone of all backgrounds and races I see have made obsessive posts, threads and analysis on race topics and issues. The interesting thing is that many people that claim to be above or have transcended race often are the ones themselves that seem just as obsessed or divested in race topics as those they seem to be calling out or putting in check, and always seem to be frequenting those very threads.

As long as humanity begins to see that everyone is equal human being and we begin to work past petty divisions then there will be a step in the right direction.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:49 PM

I will point out though that it's quite peculiar how some black identified folks go out of their way to support the racist one drop rule and racistly one drop others and support various forms of hypodescent. SMH

Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes;32163343

Everyone of all backgrounds and races I see have made obsessive posts, threads and analysis on race topics and issues. [B
The interesting thing is that many people that claim to be above or have transcended race often are the ones themselves that seem just as obsessed or divested in race topics as those they seem to be calling out or putting in check, and always seem to be frequenting those very threads.[/b]

So If your hispanic, its not ok to respond when hispanics are constantly being attacked on here? Just go through the threads and see who is attacking who.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
So If your hispanic, its not ok to respond when hispanics are constantly being attacked on here? Just go through the threads and see who is attacking who.
You clearly have misinterpreted what I said. No one said that it wasn't okay to respond. That's what city data is for. People respond to others comments with their thoughts or correcting others or calling out others for their wrong.

I was just pointing out that various groups of people have verbally wronged other groups of people on City Data, and that you can't point out one group and overlook the other. Just being fair.

Of course if Hispanics are being bashed, it would only be rightful to respond or correct or call out the offending party. Any group of ppl that are disrepected by an individual should challenge the offending party for their wrong doing.

As I said that it goes in all directions. No one said that someone shouldn't defend or respond. That's what everyone does on city data. Conversing and debating etc.

If any group is disrespected, of course it's only natural for us or any other individual to respond. Frankly no group of people should be disrespected.

I have seen it go both ways on city data and other forums and in real life. All groups of people are guilty of it.

Obviously in any case of one starting it is the one that is wrong. Notice I was speaking in general and didn't single out or call out any particular group. Just look at all various threads and you'll see that bashing of one group by another or others is rampant on city data and is not just exclusive to Hispanics and black identified peoples. Various groups have engaged in such.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
First off, I am wary of anything printed in the Daily Mail, as this publication does not appear to be concerned with facts or context, and they are massively biased towards the right.

Secondly, Rassmussen polls were incredibly inaccurate during the last general election and consistently predicted that Romney would win. I would need a lot more evidence to believe that the poll results represent reality.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:12 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
I swear, we are obsessed with race around here. people don't choose their color they are just born with it.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:58 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
People think race is so important.

We are all ghosts driving a meat wrapped skeletons. Nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas