Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,531,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antma robel View Post
Dude they tried farms for slaves reproduction in Brazil too (like the Romans did centuries before), and that simply didn't work. Like in Roman times the mothers just killed their babies when they still were in their wombs. They did not want their children to be slaves. What do you want to say? That slavery was a better ''thing'' in the US than it was in Brazil? Forgive me but there was no such thing in History ( I'm a retired History teacher).

You are the one who screamed that there were lots of slaves in the USA. I told you why that was. Indeed the article that you referenced in YOUR OWN post said the samething. So whats your point. Clearly you cant prove that comparable numbers of slaves were imported into the USA compared to Brazil. Do you know that MORE slaves were imported from Africa into BARBADOS than into the USA?

The reality is that the aftermath of slavery has been just as disastrous in Brazil as it was in the USA. The difference being that blacks in the USA didn't waste time dividing themselves into 200 categories to attempt to fool themselves into thinking that this mattered. They joined forces to fight against barriers of race. The result being a significant degree of progress for large numbers of blacks, with a very visible black upper middle class.

In 2014 the gap between the 25% of blacks in the US with the highest incomes vs, the 25% with the lowest incomes is as wide as between blacks and whites. So what we have in the USA is increasingly a problem of class, rather than race. Though the USA is far from post racial.

In Brazil you have yet to create a large cadre of blacks and darker mulattos who are in the upper middle class.

I don't know why Brazilians spend so much time fooling themselves into thinking that blacks and dark mulattos are better off, because in 2014 its blatantly obvious that this isn't true. And from the noises that I hear from Brazil, apparently large numbers of them know this too.

New Documentary 'RAÇA' ('RACE') Will Tackle Racial Inequality In Brazil (Trailer, Opens May 17) | Shadow and Act

Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Please don't let those Europeans and Latin Americans fool you into thinking that you will be better off there, even though many will be happy to have sex with you.
You seem to really dislike Latin Americans. If anyone on here were to express themselves in the same vulgar fashion that you do about black americans I'm sure you wouldn't like it. There seems to be an obsession about Latinos from certain people on this forum. There are many more racist places than Latin America on this planet yet I don't see these people on the forum bashing others as mush as they do to Latin Americans. Whats really going on here?

Old 01-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
You seem to really dislike Latin Americans. If anyone on here were to express themselves in the same vulgar fashion that you do about black americans I'm sure you wouldn't like it. There seems to be an obsession about Latinos from certain people on this forum. There are many more racist places than Latin America on this planet yet I don't see these people on the forum bashing others as mush as they do to Latin Americans. Whats really going on here?

Why does letting you know that Latin Americans are hypocrites when it comes to their pretense that racism isn't a huge problem down there amount to hating them.

Latin Americans call blacks from the USA and the English speaking Caribbean race obsessed because we call out racism when we see it. We do so against whites in North America, and the UK. And we will tell Latin Americans that when they come with their nonsense.

The day when Latin America stops the pretense that they are some racial paradise is the day we will stop bashing it.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
The reality is that the aftermath of slavery has been just as disastrous in Brazil as it was in the USA. The difference being that blacks in the USA didn't waste time dividing themselves into 200 categories to attempt to fool themselves into thinking that this mattered.
oh really? Well I don't see the same hatred and divison among Afro-Latinos.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Why does letting you know that Latin Americans are hypocrites when it comes to their pretense that racism isn't a huge problem down there amount to hating them.

Latin Americans call blacks from the USA and the English speaking Caribbean race obsessed because we call out racism when we see it. We do so against whites in North America, and the UK. And we will tell Latin Americans that when they come with their nonsense.

The day when Latin America stops the pretense that they are some racial paradise is the day we will stop bashing it.
Why put such demands on Latin America and not other places that are worse? If Latins are so bad than just stay away. And if you pretend your really worried about the well being of other blacks, then Maybe you should start by fixing up your own communities and denouncing religous and political violence in places like Africa, that seems like a more important thing to do. Like I said Latin America is not perfect but there are more racist places. The only hypocrite here is you.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
oh really? Well I don't see the same hatred and divison among Afro-Latinos.

Also there is lots of violence throughout Latin America so please don't make yourself look silly. Most US cities are Disneyland compared to many cities in South and Central America.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Why put such demands on Latin America and not other places that are worse? If Latins are so bad than just stay away. And if you pretend your really worried about the well being of other blacks, then Maybe you should start by fixing up your own communities and denouncing religous and political violence in places like Africa, that seems like a more important thing to do. Like I said Latin America is not perfect but there are more racist places. The only hypocrite here is you.

New Documentary 'RAÇA' ('RACE') Will Tackle Racial Inequality In Brazil (Trailer, Opens May 17) | Shadow and Act

When Latin Americans stop dipping their mouths into our issues and telling us that we must praise whites because we have 20% white ancestry then I will leave you alone.

But if Latins go from forum to forum screaming to the world that Brazil, Colombia etc., are the best places for blacks I will make sure that the dirty secret that you hide will be exposed. All one needs to do is to examine the archives of this forum to see that Latin Americans have had loads to say about race relations in the USA.

And yes if you go to the Africa forum I have had lots to say as I have in the various US and other forums.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Also there is lots of violence throughout Latin America so please don't make yourself look silly. Most US cities are Disneyland compared to many cities in South and Central America.
This clown said numerous times that blacks were better off in the United States, yet they kill each other in record numbers. And for what? Whats the explanation for this? A legacy of racism and exclusion that was really worse than most places in the world including Latin America. And they have the nerve to call out Latinos and say they are self hating? LOL OK....

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 01-30-2014 at 07:15 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:

When Latin Americans stop dipping their mouths into our issues and telling us that we must praise whites because we have 20% white ancestry then I will leave you alone.

No one here is saying you must praise whites, LOL and I don't see any Latinos on the African forum bothering them LOL.

By the way, there is more to Latin America then Brazil. There was a black guy on here a few months ago saying black men are treated better in Brazil and he wanted to go there to find a good wife.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
This clown said numerous times that blacks were better off in the United States, yet they kill each other in record numbers. And for what? Whats the explanation for this? A legacy of racism and exclusion that was really worse then most places in the world including Latin America. And they have the nerve to call out Latinos and say they are self hating? LOL OK....

And this clown says that blacks in Latin America are better off yet MORE of them kill each other off in the favelas than in any black ghetto in the USA.

In the USA we have Obama and Oprah. Where are those people in Brazil? 30% of blacks in the USA out earn whites. In Latin America..........% of blacks out earn whites? Bet its not 30%.

So stop looking ridiculous by posting crime when its way worse in Latin America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas