Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times

Advertisements

Women from Spain & women from Latin American countries (countries distinct as Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Dominican Republic, etc.)

In summary I will say women from Spain aren't as "girly" (not as much makeup) as Latin American women whereas Latin American women aren't as "direct" as Spanish women...

Just my opinion...

care to chime in?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:03 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,412 times
stereotypes from people who haven't been to those countries or know them superficially in 3..2..1....

Old 04-10-2014, 08:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Ah look, another low information topic dealing with the same question that has been, no doubt, asked at least several times before. I'm gonna have to agree with Almeida. I wonder how many of the peanut gallery that will inevitably reply, too excited to share their opinion for the sake of having an opinion, haven't actually dated a woman from either culture or are from that culture?

Old 04-13-2014, 05:04 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Spanish women were treated as minors by the law during the period of the Nationalcatolicim (1939 to 1975). During that period, there was no divorce, no abortion and men could batter women without incurring in crime, women that left their home were prosecuted and needed permission from father/husband for about anything. They were many cases in which the wife was beaten to death and nothing happened to the husband.

When democracy came, Spanish women recovered their rights but reacted in a rather unpleasant way. Spanish women discarded everything considered "femenine" as it was a "sign of the past oppression". Women started to behave like men, in a gross manner, they started to behave like truck drivers, in a very unnatural way and are always very unhappy.

Latin American women are way more natural, more women, not "nuns turned into truck drivers". They know how to take more advantage of their body, and they are not ashamed of acting as females, they don't say "co.jones" every two minutes and are nicer.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:39 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ah look, another low information topic dealing with the same question that has been, no doubt, asked at least several times before. I'm gonna have to agree with Almeida. I wonder how many of the peanut gallery that will inevitably reply, too excited to share their opinion for the sake of having an opinion, haven't actually dated a woman from either culture or are from that culture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Spanish women were treated as minors by the law during the period of the Nationalcatolicim (1939 to 1975). During that period, there was no divorce, no abortion and men could batter women without incurring in crime, women that left their home were prosecuted and needed permission from father/husband for about anything. They were many cases in which the wife was beaten to death and nothing happened to the husband.

When democracy came, Spanish women recovered their rights but reacted in a rather unpleasant way. Spanish women discarded everything considered "femenine" as it was a "sign of the past oppression". Women started to behave like men, in a gross manner, they started to behave like truck drivers, in a very unnatural way and are always very unhappy.

Latin American women are way more natural, more women, not "nuns turned into truck drivers". They know how to take more advantage of their body, and they are not ashamed of acting as females, they don't say "co.jones" every two minutes and are nicer.
bam

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:

What the hell????? Seriously?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Lol, never been to Spain but my perception is the women are less ashamed about a lot of sexual topics. They seem more in touch with themselves and their bodies. Latin America is a broad category but generally I find Latin American women more physically attractive. Spanish women might have better personalities though...

Old 05-17-2014, 04:04 PM

603 posts, read 1,630,749 times
I honestly do not see too many differences to be honest.

Only that one might be slightly darker haired with slight different influences but still not by too much.

Spanish women and Latin American women are still more similar in attitude and mentality, plus even too some extent with culture and language.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:34 AM

491 posts, read 752,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Women from Spain & women from Latin American countries (countries distinct as Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Dominican Republic, etc.)

In summary I will say women from Spain aren't as "girly" (not as much makeup) as Latin American women whereas Latin American women aren't as "direct" as Spanish women...

Just my opinion...

care to chime in?
The girls in south america vary depending on where they live and also to a great extent, race.
The southern cone girls (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay) appeared quite euro-metropolitan, both in behavour and fashion. I found that the girls in Colombia tended to be a bit more over-the-top scandalous than previously mention countries. Brazil was more hit or miss, summer time too "casual" for my taste.

Spanish girls vary depending on social status and location. Same as in Sweden... in fact, there are very few places on earth where all of them are completely equal and unindividualized.... North Corea and islamic countries being the exception

Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 AM

491 posts, read 752,797 times
Quote:
they'd prolly say "ostia" instead in Spain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.