Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM

119 posts, read 172,773 times

Advertisements

country in central america? the excuse for El Salvador was the civil war, did Honduras also have a civil war? My mom went to El Salvador recently to watch my cousin player soccer and she said that the band and the crowd were using cheers related to MS 13 and everyone was so used to it that it's normal for them including my aunt and other parents. These 2 countries have a lot of gang members in MS 13. If Honduras and El Salvador are known as being enemies then why would Honduras want to join a gang that has the name Salvatrucha in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 11:01 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
I never heard of Honduran MS-13 members. I always heard it was exclusively Salvadorean gang. Isn't the gang system strongly tied to Salvadorean prisons as well.

I just don't see how Hondurans would enter in that gang that's based in a different country. Maybe you are right, but it's the very first I've ever heard of it, if you are.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I never heard of Honduran MS-13 members. I always heard it was exclusively Salvadorean gang. Isn't the gang system strongly tied to Salvadorean prisons as well.

I just don't see how Hondurans would enter in that gang that's based in a different country. Maybe you are right, but it's the very first I've ever heard of it, if you are.
MS 13 is an international gang and it is in Honduras and Guatemala and of course El Salvador. It's a gang for Central Americans.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:20 AM

why is the El Salvador flag similar to the flag from Nicaragua?

Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 AM

10,084 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Illegal small plane flights detected by the U.S. Military. Its presumed that most, if not all, of the flights were shipping cocaine to Honduras and from there its taken by land to the largest consumer of the drug which is the USA.

https://www.whatsnextvenezuela.com/w...ing-routes.jpg

Add that most of the cocaine that is shipped via water or land also goes through Central America, especially Honduras.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat....gif/image.gif

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mongabay-ima..._Map-7.600.jpg

And the US government seem to not be interested in helping the Honduran government combat at least the massive air shipments of cocaine.

The United States has maintained controversial ties to the Honduran military and police for years, even as the Central American country's government continues to take fire for its horrendous record of corruption and human rights abuses. Washington just took one major step away, however, saying they will no longer provide radar information to the Honduran government that could help it shoot down planes piloted by suspected drug smugglers.

The move comes as U.S. officials scrutinize a new Honduran law passed in January that authorizes military force against alleged drug planes as long as it is approved by the Honduran defense secretary, an official with the U.S. embassy in Tegucigalpa, Honduras' capital, confirmed Monday. U.S. officials must determine the extent to which the new "aerial exclusion zone" law breaks U.S. law, the embassy official said. The news was reported Sunday by the Spanish-language El Heraldo in Honduras.

"The U.S. government has already ceased to share certain types of information and assistance that would support an aerial intercept by the Honduran government," the embassy official said in an email, without specifying what else might be included. "At the same time, we are continuing our security cooperation with the Honduran government on counter-narcotics activities not related to aerial intercepts, with priority on the 80 to 90 percent of illegal drugs that enter Honduras via maritime routes."

http://complex.foreignpolicy.com/pos...wn_drug_planes

Old 07-21-2014, 01:18 PM

626 posts, read 1,240,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRobert View Post
why is the El Salvador flag similar to the flag from Nicaragua?

Because at one time, they were part of the Federal Republic of Central America (Federal Republic of Central America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), once dissolved, the countries (Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras) shared the same colors. Costa Rica took the Red, white and blue
It is said that the flag took the colors of the Argentinian flag.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo57 View Post
Because at one time, they were part of the Federal Republic of Central America (Federal Republic of Central America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), once dissolved, the countries (Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras) shared the same colors. Costa Rica took the Red, white and blue
It is said that the flag took the colors of the Argentinian flag.

Someone told me once that Argentina helped El Salvador get independence from Spain, is this true?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:11 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRobert View Post
country in central america? the excuse for El Salvador was the civil war, did Honduras also have a civil war? My mom went to El Salvador recently to watch my cousin player soccer and she said that the band and the crowd were using cheers related to MS 13 and everyone was so used to it that it's normal for them including my aunt and other parents. These 2 countries have a lot of gang members in MS 13. If Honduras and El Salvador are known as being enemies then why would Honduras want to join a gang that has the name Salvatrucha in it?
Drug trafficking like AntonioR suggested. Also high income inequality, the availability of guns, gang activity, alcohol abuse, unemployment, poor public education, a high youth population, as well as low incarceration rates and small police forces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas