Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 11:19 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times

Advertisements

is the military in South America similiar to the USA? or is there segregation?

can a person of asian ethnicity thats born & raised there join the army? like in the USA they take all walks of life as long as your a legal resident, you dont even have to be a US citizen to join the military in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 07:21 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,245,706 times
Are you serious, I mean? Do you want to join the military here, these are sone weird threads...

There are ethnic asians here in Arg, most of them are of Korean decent or Chinese and own supermarkets. I dont know if any of them serve in Argentinas military....they could if they were born here. However, at least in this city, they keep to themselves, speak terrible spanish, and, according to many argentines I have spoken with, have a disdain for the argentines, or at least it is perceived that way I guess. Maybe they find the argentines too outgoing and boisterous, loud.. My wife and I used to go to a Chinese supermarket here but we dont anymore because twice when we bought merchandise, they wanted to dispute the prices of certain items on their shelves that were marked and charge us more. The second time it happened, when we began to dispute, they became extremely rude and beligerant, arguing with us and yelling at my wife and I and just being incredibly disrespectful, causing a scene in front of the other patrons. I couldnt believe it, I was totally floored. When others in the line saw that they were basically trying to jip us, they put their things down and left, as did my wife and I. Unfortunately, I have heard similar stories about other chinese supermarkets in our area about the same things happening....why? I dont know, I dont get it.

Not to mention that, they closed another Chinese market here a couple of years ago as well because they were selling food that was out of date and people were getting sick. And, quite frequently, they are targets for violent robbery.

Anyways, I am digressing....

If they were born here, naturalized citizens I am sure they could. My son, I am an american, my wife Argentine, my son was born here, he could serve if he wants, he has full citizenship for both countries. As far segregation, I mean, I dont know how to answer that. Argentinas military is full of people with different ethnic backgrounds....I have an older friend who was a cournal in the Arg military, he worked with artillery, hes retired, but of Italian and Spanish ancestry.

Last edited by EricOldTime; 09-27-2014 at 07:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas