Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:01 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,915,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
First of all how you spoke Brazilians get on well with Portuguese people, in others words no one so do I guilt modern Portuguese by slavery, Massacre and extinction of indigenous peoples, as well as the ass that you did in Africa

The problem is the Portuguese inferior and arrogant cultural mindset of aren’t ashamed of these things that your ancients and national State has made!!! Is this kind of bull**** you are spooking about!!!

For example any **** Brazilian are ashamed for Paraguay war. Brazil had killed 90% of Paraguayans men in this war… Brazil had used so power in this war and in the mindset of Brazilian it was wrong, it is the kind of thing has never will repeat and yet nowadays any Brazilian don’t want Brazil put troops in any neighbor.

It is another kind of mindset and it is the unique atrocity that my country has made in our history. Thanks God for the small Portugal never more will be power for nothing!! No all nation have superior mindset for that.
1. I speak for myself as I have stated I am not a spokesperson for Portuguese people to be more specific I am a Luso-American and do not have a herd mentality. Guilt gives ones opponents leverage no thank you I'll pass on the guilt serving.

2. Sounds like you are trying really hard to convince yourself of Portuguese inferiority. I'll call you on your bull you're swinging as hard as you can because you know your English isn't proficient. But I have already addressed the issue there are things that occurred that I think are sad but I do not feel any guilt. I take responsibility only for my personal choices and actions period. To address you assertion slavery and colonialism were horrible things by modern standards but it was the norm in the past.

3. Shame is a counter productive emotion a complete waste of time which is self imposed by those that believe they deserve punishment which the individual chooses to inflict on him/herself.

4. It sounds like you have issues with Portuguese people sounds like it's a personal problem. Hope the rest of your day goes better. Have a good day.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:45 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,437,904 times
This is insane.

People are not guilty about war their countries took part in the past.

About favelas in Florianopolis, of course there are.
The difference is that in southern Brazil the mid-class is a lot more comprehensive than in northern.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:21 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,343,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
About favelas in Florianopolis, of course there are.
The difference is that in southern Brazil the mid-class is a lot more comprehensive than in northern.
I read that the homicide rate in Florianopolis is around like 15/100k, which is still really high by world standards. Seems like all major cities in Brazil have serious crime problems, only smaller cities like Blumenau or Petropolis were not affected

Old 03-09-2016, 08:47 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,437,904 times
And even here things happens.
Today the city is in mourning for the death of an important religious, writer, director of the most traditional publishing house in town.
G1 - Morte do Frei Antônio Moser causa comoção em Petrópolis, no RJ - notícias em Região Serrana

http://g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/n...s-ladroes.html

Old 03-10-2016, 07:58 AM

1,001 posts, read 886,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
1. I speak for myself as I have stated I am not a spokesperson for Portuguese people to be more specific I am a Luso-American and do not have a herd mentality. Guilt gives ones opponents leverage no thank you I'll pass on the guilt serving.

2. Sounds like you are trying really hard to convince yourself of Portuguese inferiority. I'll call you on your bull you're swinging as hard as you can because you know your English isn't proficient. But I have already addressed the issue there are things that occurred that I think are sad but I do not feel any guilt. I take responsibility only for my personal choices and actions period. To address you assertion slavery and colonialism were horrible things by modern standards but it was the norm in the past.

3. Shame is a counter productive emotion a complete waste of time which is self imposed by those that believe they deserve punishment which the individual chooses to inflict on him/herself.

4. It sounds like you have issues with Portuguese people sounds like it's a personal problem. Hope the rest of your day goes better. Have a good day.
Oh Yes sorry for my poor English! Specially in specific issues like that is very hard for me.
Of course you are not the speaksperson for all Portuguese but you repeat their standard speech about this issue and you came in this debate advocating precisely then so you had to listen to my honest opinion.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,915,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Oh Yes sorry for my poor English! Specially in specific issues like that is very hard for me.
Of course you are not the speaksperson for all Portuguese but you repeat their standard speech about this issue and you came in this debate advocating precisely then so you had to listen to my honest opinion.
No problem I'm glad you gave an honest opinion I don't take it personal. I also gave an honest opinion I can agreee to disagree. I read and responded to your post and pretty much stated everything I wanted to say. I don't think I will change your mind nor will you change mine on this topic.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:21 AM

964 posts, read 996,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Brazil is an enormously large country. Parts of it very well-developed. But, I don't see anyway they can (OR SHOULD) develop the Amazon and much of the Rainforests, and such.
This. It has a gigantic "outback" that can't, or shouldn't be developed. In that sense, it can be compared to Australia: a huge outback sparsely populated by people who may not even want to be part of the country's mainstream, and who are difficult to reach and integrate. Still, more could be done to raise the standard of living for the poor in the urban areas.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:51 PM

57 posts, read 57,606 times
Brazil simply didn't had the historical luck Chile had.

While Chile turned into a true democracy after the ending of the dictatorship, Brazil turned into a banana republic.

Is simply bad luck, the wrong people were choosen to write the laws.

The country didn't realize it until now, but Brazil is alredy changing, we are trying to fix our laws.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:09 PM

57 posts, read 57,606 times
Tracing problems back to colonial period is an wrongful tought brazilians always have.

The cultural production during colonial Brazil was much superior to that of colonial US, there is no Ouro Preto in the US, for example.

Rio de Janeiro was the only europen capital outside Europe and keep being one of the most modern cities in the world until the capital was changed to Brasília.

Our current problems can be traced back to the 70s.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:31 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,973,594 times
Brazil is a developed country. For some reason some Americans seem intent on trying to keep Brazil down.....along with dozens of other countries with brown skinned people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.