Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:14 AM

552 posts, read 1,055,794 times

Advertisements

This is the best example, wait until the 11 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCWA_75DhQ

If you have problems cracking this site, maybe your country doesn't allow, go here:

https://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php#MoreInfo

Rust
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 07:28 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
There's nothing in the world quite like Brazil!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:34 AM

120 posts, read 137,932 times
That's a stereotype mostly for the tourists who don't really know much about the real Brazil.

it's almost as accurate as saying, Americans are exuberant crazy exotic and fun, always dancing, always smiling, party party all the time and then posting a video of Mardi Gras to prove my point.

The real Brazil is relatively conservative, many actually have a dislike for the whole samba, rio, exotic, sex, party ,carnival image Americans and some Europeans have of Brazil.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,433,040 times
Even then are by far exotic, brazilian protestants are the sad part of the party, even more ridiculous. (Not that I consider brazilian parties ridiculous)

Last edited by Mr.Falcon; 04-24-2015 at 07:51 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 07:59 AM

502 posts, read 654,913 times
I forseen pictures of Southern Brazilian teenagers in parties...

Old 04-24-2015, 08:12 AM

120 posts, read 137,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikebxl View Post
I forseen pictures of Southern Brazilian teenagers in parties...
Specifically picked images that is.... if one teenager of colour was to come out on one of the images, the image will be discarded! (Only images of European looking teens please!)

Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 AM

728 posts, read 974,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony69 View Post
Specifically picked images that is.... if one teenager of colour was to come out on one of the images, the image will be discarded! (Only images of European looking teens please!)
Let's not bait him, guys and gals.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony69 View Post
That's a stereotype mostly for the tourists who don't really know much about the real Brazil.

it's almost as accurate as saying, Americans are exuberant crazy exotic and fun, always dancing, always smiling, party party all the time and then posting a video of Mardi Gras to prove my point.

The real Brazil is relatively conservative, many actually have a dislike for the whole samba, rio, exotic, sex, party ,carnival image Americans and some Europeans have of Brazil.
Please explain the "Real Brazil."

No, all cities are not alike but you can chose where you want to live. I elected to live in Ilheus and Itacare.
Can you speak specifically to Carnival and culture in Itacare.

I drove from Asuncion to Corumba, Campo Grande, etc. to San Paulo and did not elect to live there.

I elected to live in Ilheus and Itacare because it suited my taste, taste varies and there's no accounting for it. Itacare is considered one of the worlds best small beach towns, you could live there, at that time, very cheap.

Now 69, please explain to poor dumb me, your more accurate "Real Brazil."

Rust

Old 04-24-2015, 01:07 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
I'm not sure how posting a video to a cable skinflick is representative of Brazil (and I love skinimax soft-core as much as any red-blooded male). Yes indeed I guess it's what people think Brazil is like.

My Brazil, from the perspective of a visiting businessman, is a world of offices and highrises and bad traffic and good coffee, along with glimpses of Favelas and warnings about not leaving my hotel at night. But they do have beautiful women.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I'm not sure how posting a video to a cable skinflick is representative of Brazil (and I love skinimax soft-core as much as any red-blooded male). Yes indeed I guess it's what people think Brazil is like..
Especially a video from a Showtime erotic drama series from Playboy Entertainment.

[QUOTE My Brazil, from the perspective of a visiting businessman, is a world of offices and highrises and bad traffic and good coffee, along with glimpses of Favelas and warnings about not leaving my hotel at night. But they do have beautiful women.[/quote]

Let's see if I can unpack that for you. Firstly, I didn't say it was representative of Brazil. I said "Why I Love Brazil - It's Exotic." Consider, that was 20 years ago when I was a young man of 50. The music at 11 min. is a perfect example of samba/candomblé/ljexa fusion.

The candomblé is a slow, hypnotic rhythm that is derived from the ceremonial music of Candomblé.
You could not acquire those complex poly-rhythms in some NYC music school/conservatory in the late 60's. Complex poly-rhythms requires deep immersion in the culture 24/7, over time, if you were not born in the culture. That explains why I lived in Itacare, stronger and purer Candomblé than found in Salvador Bahia and much cheaper to live.

ITACARE.COM - Culture and folklore - Itacaré Beach - Bahia - Brazil

In your Brazil, maybe of Brasilia or San Paulo, you were light years away from Itacare. As different as
Vermilion Parish, Louisiana (The Most Cajun Place on Earth) with its shanty boats and."joie de vivre", as compared to being an actuarial professional at Deloitte Touche. . . in that somber Chicago highrise.

I suspect there are many different perspectives of Brazil depending on who you are and your purpose, not as fact, so much, as subjective opinion.

Frankly, I thought the video was an extra plus for you fellows with the nice women. Apparently not, but you did agree they have beautiful women. Mr. Dd714, let me make another distinction between a visiting business person and a young musician in his element. I could shag my girlfriend in a cardboard box without the thought of ever buying a house. Hell, I thought "Sex on the Beach" was a cocktail in my honor!

I apologize in advance if I have offended delicate sensibilities in my mingled humor, satire, erudition, indecency, profundity, levity, imagination, realism . . .whatever

Rust
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas