Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 10:37 AM

471 posts, read 621,997 times

Advertisements

Colombians invaded Venezuela. The original Venezuelans (the offspring of Italians, Spaniards, Germans, and Portuguese) left the country and now venezuela is populated by colombians and their offsprings. What was once the best country in South America is now a unofficial colombian territory full of crime.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 10:53 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,771,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
Colombians invaded Venezuela. The original Venezuelans (the offspring of Italians, Spaniards, Germans, and Portuguese) left the country and now venezuela is populated by colombians and their offsprings. What was once the best country in South America is now a unofficial colombian territory full of crime.
The original Venezuelans were the indigenous people...the Spaniards, Portuguese, etc. were the original invaders....

Old 07-16-2015, 02:00 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,732,503 times
Quote:
This is typical rhetoric from disgruntled Venezuelans. Under Chavez and now Maduro, many Venezuelans (even anti-chaviztas), have become sensationalists and mythomaniacs.

Venezuela has a population of 30 million people. Even the most outlandish figures composed by sensationalist Venezuelans place the figure of Colombians and their descendants at around 5 million (16.5% of the population). However, the real figure is around the 1.5 - 2.5 million mark (approx. 7% of the population).

Obviously not all Venezuelans are like this, its just a tendency that's becoming ever more common and you see these comments by disgruntled individuals on various media platforms. Something to be expected though under a populist government instituted in fantasy.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,977,508 times
Quote:
LOL. Delusional much? Eduardito is that you? I thought they had already deported you back to Venezuela. Maybe I'll vote for Trump if he can get rid of people like you. The racist delusional garbage that is arriving from these so called "white" Latin American countries should be repatriated.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:31 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,797,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
LOL. Delusional much? Eduardito is that you? I thought they had already deported you back to Venezuela. Maybe I'll vote for Trump if he can get rid of people like you. The racist delusional garbage that is arriving from these so called "white" Latin American countries should be repatriated.
Lol, many Latin Americans are delusional.

I don't know where their exaggerated pride comes from.

Worst is when their country is really f*ed up and they go on and on about how f*ed up another country is.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:55 PM

844 posts, read 1,064,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post

Worst is when their country is really f*ed up and they go on and on about how f*ed up another country is.
Not just that, there's also a tendency of blaming others for our own problems. Ej. Some still have a grudge with Spain for what happened centuries ago, and blame the spaniard for stealing our goods, just as if we got nothing else after the gold and silver were taken away. Personally, I find such comments childish and of a colonial mentality.k

Old 07-24-2015, 02:34 PM

Envy and passing the buck is the blight of the Latin mentality.

Luckily Colombians are learning the hard way to overcome this backward colonial vestige mentality.
I hope the good progress continues.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:46 PM

632 posts, read 933,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post

This is so true. When I'm in the Dominican Republic I laugh when they talk about how poor Haiti is (and granted it is). It's like Alabama calling Mississippi backwards. I blame colonization for confusing everyone.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:22 PM

In Colombia recently a drunken rich kid with political connections named Nicolas Gaviria got aggressive with a police man, when he was trying to calm him down.

The altercation was filmed with Nicolas saying "You don't know who you're dealing with" and "I'm going to send you to the Chocó". The Chocó being a state in the Pacific Coast of Colombia where more than 80% of the population is black and is sometimes considered the Haiti of Colombia.

The man was ridiculed on all national media, everyone from all regions (colombia is very regionally divided) jumped to defend the Chocó showcasing a big F you! to the Latin backward mentality.

A gif saying "I'm going to go insult Nicolas Gaviria so he can send me to the Chocó" was trending on all social media. A period of mental maturity is long overdue but underway in Colombia.

"Take a picture with me Mr. president or I'll send you to Chocó."

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 07-24-2015 at 03:35 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 03:32 PM

632 posts, read 933,584 times
If Colombia is anything like the U.S., The Chocó will now probably become gentrified and all the Colombian hipsters will want to move there. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas