Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 10:54 AM

263 posts, read 230,745 times

Advertisements

I'm curious about Buenos Aires, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING ABOUT BUENOS AIRES... I've done a lot of my own reading but I wanna know what YOU have to say

& it helps to an extent if you resemble me in ANY way - blue eyed brown haired caucasian, twenties, hetero, single, traveler w/o obligations for at least a couple of years in terms of debt, more than most of life spent in USA.

'non-scene' professional with optional/infrequently 'there' beard, no visible tattoos. no piercings. no drug habit other than Coffee...nuff said....(I'm guessing there's some good coffee, espresso, SOMETHING in B.A.)

Love city (and country about the same) - NYC, Madrid, BCN, Seattle, Chicago, ATX etc. not intimidating always enjoy cities of all sizes so far.

Strong interest in working abroad, living abroad, immersing myself and taking risks but I desire to do everything legally in terms of tax ids etc...

I have READ all about the Language institutes and that teaching English (for a while at least...before you get yourself into private tutoring, is what I read) is not plausible means of making a living in the city. I'm not a trust fund baby (I probably would have already been there in that case I figure) so I am wondering HOW FEASIBLE IS IT TO AFFORD A LIFE IN B.A.? I've read that's it's 30% less than NYC which is not necessarily the greatest news but hey, fill me in with your experience!

Also not AS intrigued by SE Asia like so many - more interested in maintaining and applying, developing....'mi lengua'........as opposed to starting over with Mandarin or so....

So I've got a feeling I'm going to hear a lot about how I should get a phd, teach in other Spanish-speaking countries or maybe areas of Argentina, and while I appreciate all of that, I am curious mostly about Buenos Aires (and Montevideo if anywhere else) in particular.

I can appreciate that when I get everything in order, it may not be my first central or south american location to get to, but I am planning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas